Butler and Wilson and Leopards.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
Could someone please explain the reason why there are so many leopard things in this hour. I have been watching this morning and every other item seems to be a blooming leopardy thing. The necklace was particularly strange for want of a better word. If you like leopards I apologise but I can't see the attraction myself.

me neither, i really don't like any animal print. Qvc do seem to have a strange obsession with them.

they had a union jack purse on before they've got an almost identical one in primark for a £6

I don't get Butler and Wilson most of the time.

I don't get Butler & Wilson any of the time - cheap looking, exceedingly tacky, OTT costume jewellery, sold at ridiculous for what it is prices! The sort of designs students come up with in year one & then look back at their sketchbooks in year two & wonder how they could ever have been that bad when they started......! lol

And some of the designs are just plain odd, is there anybody really who goes out to dinner wearing a crystal encrusted Iron Cross?

I think some of their stuff is ok but I don't understand the high prices for things like the Union Jack compact and keyring - they look like novelty items to me, not high end stuff worth paying over £40 for.

I can't stand him ,his cheap looking goods or Julia sucking up to him and playing "Bessie Friends" all the bliddy time. head back toss my hair and laugh!!

Yes Julia was being her usual over the top way with Simon, seemed also to be pronouncing a few things in a weird way also? But only watched for the first 15 minutes to see the TSV.

It is collectable stuff and some bits are ok but he can go too far; however I think many others are jumping on the Swarovski crystal bandwagon so he has more competition.

As far as the leopard thing goes, if I remember correctly Simon and his partner started the company after being inspired by buying some of the collection of the Duchess of Windsor and many of her items were leopards etc so that where it comes from.

I always find Butler & Wilson a bit hit or miss. Some of the prices last night were very odd, some things were way overpriced! I do have some Butler & Wilson pieces and have ordered the TSV, but I am not in a rush to buy more as my stilleto shoe earrings have tarnished horribly and I am in a panic that my other items will do the same.

Don't get me started on Mum's crystal duck keyring either, all the silver has come off the keyring part of it, so the back of the duck is still silver, the duck itself is blue and the keyring part is a horrible coppery colour - scariest part? She still gets compliments on it! My little yellow one is still all wrapped up in his box. If half of it's going to go coppery that's where he will be staying too!

I always find Butler & Wilson a bit hit or miss. Some of the prices last night were very odd, some things were way overpriced! I do have some Butler & Wilson pieces and have ordered the TSV, but I am not in a rush to buy more as my stilleto shoe earrings have tarnished horribly and I am in a panic that my other items will do the same.

Chrissi I got an anti tarnish glove from John Lewis (think it was about £9). It worked like magic on some really tarnished silver rings I've got. so might be worth trying :)

Tin Foil + Baking Soda + Hot Water = No Tarnish

Cloths can be a bit abrasive I find on some things.

I use a cup or glass for jewellery cleaning but for larger pieces or cutlery I just use a pyrex dish lined with foil. I boil a kettle but let it stand a while both for safety and because too hot can cause damage to the metal.

Latest posts

Back