British Pound v US Dollar

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Presenters are always going on about what a good deal we are getting on products brought over from the US, due to the weakness of the dollar.

The tsv today in the US, is the oreck vaccuum, a floor sweeper, carpet and floor deodoriser and a room deodoriser, at a tsv price of $249.84, free p+p. Converted into pounds sterling, this is £130.24. The oreck with the canister vac on qvcuk is approx £221.00.

The Bose Wave radio/cd player, on qvc US is $499.80, with a conversion price of £260.54.

These are certainly no bargains. It's a pity we can't order off qvc US!

I've never had much faith in their "huge buying power" which they keep harping on about. It seems to me that more often than not they just change the $ sign into the £ one.....!!!! :mad:

My daughter likes Hydrafloral. I forget to tell her there is a TSV tomorrow - but a couple of days ago she went to a Decleor counter and came home with a beautiful quality Decleor cosmetic bag, a 50ml pot of Hydrafloral, a 50ml face foaming cleanser and three or four sample sizes of other stuff. It was about £34. OK she did not get the Prolagene gel - which she would not use anyway, but she got a really good classy bag which she will. The p and p tomorrow is also probably around £5.

the dollar rate against the pound is going down roughly 2 cents a day so prices wont be as good as they were if they are saying its because of the dollar etc

I'm pretty sure their prices are prior to sales tax being added, unlike ours which include VAT. I know how annoying it was when we were in the US on holday and you had to pay the taxes at the checkout but the items were priced prior to taxes being added.

I'm pretty sure their prices are prior to sales tax being added, unlike ours which include VAT. I know how annoying it was when we were in the US on holday and you had to pay the taxes at the checkout but the items were priced prior to taxes being added.

Good point. Perhaps the prices are without purchase tax.

Latest posts

Back