Britain's "favourite" firms

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really don't get how QVC's customer service could possibly be so highly thought of at all. In my experience it's total ****. Quite unbelievably bad. I've lost count of the amount of cock-ups they've made with my orders over the years and the times I've really been pretty enraged by them. I'm not entirely sure why I still bother with them, habit I suppose.

On a related note, does anyone have any recommendations for companies to avoid due to dismal service they've received? I'd like to avoid any more wranglings with useless companies. My nominations on that score are PC World, Vodafone and B&Q. I've received horrendous service from them on several occasions and won't touch any of them again with a bargepole.

I`m never sure who`se British and who isn`t these days. So many businesses have foreign input both financially and on their boards as share holders, partners, owners or whatever.
I like Debenhams because they frequently offer free delivery, they`ve never ( so far ) let me down and when they have their online sales or discount days you can get some good bargains. The staff in my local branch have always been excellent and on more than one occasion they`ve bent over backwards to help me.
Good old Boots has been a steady winner in my eyes too. We only have a very small branch near us so whenever I`ve ordered stuff online and had it delivered to our local branch the items have been there quickly and undamaged, plus I get points on my card.
Next offers good service too IMO.
I had problems with House of Fraser online and it took me days to sort it out which has stopped me from using them again. I also had mega problems with Dell but I`ve no idea if they`re British or not.
Top of my list for problems are internet providers. They are a nightmare to deal with, full stop !

I don't think QVC deserve to be number 2. But thank god they didn't get number 1. I can't think to begin how unbearable they all would have been if they had got the number 1 spot.

I must read this survey to see what it was based upon, but YES whatever it is they have NEVER shut up about it!

Sorry but I don't get it either, from my experience Customer Service at QVC is c##p, in my recent contact with them I was given some very clear information from a representative and a few days later given completely conflicting information from another. However, when pointing this out you just get fed a load of waffle and no explanation what so ever. Wish my conversation was one 'recorded for training purposes' so I could prove the load of c##p I was told but unfortunately it was not or should that be conveniently!!!!

I don't actually get how Qvc got to number 2 , there are loads of people I know that have never watched or ordered from them , yet theres not many people that haven't been in or ordered from the likes of John Lewis , Marks and spencer's or Amazon.

I'm surprised as they seem more concerned with getting themselves over as a celebrity attraction.

It's relentless.

I would think most of the people who voted (whoever they were) were swayed by the 30 day MBG.

john lewis, laura Ashley are my favourite companies. waitrose always good. Iceland good vfm. aldi is anather great shop. I buy regularly from them. jl are not perfect but they always apologise and make amends. qvc are good when you are ordering and obviously they are getting a sale they are very polite. but that experience turns sour if there is a problem. taking weeks to give refunds is not acceptable imao and neither is the high postage costs. sending out "the letter" for too many returns is also scandalous. god knows who they asked for voting. take it all with a pinch of salt

Lakeland deserve a mention for their fantastic choice of goods and first class customer service.....always such a pleasure to deal with.

I really don't get how QVC's customer service could possibly be so highly thought of at all. In my experience it's total ****. Quite unbelievably bad. I've lost count of the amount of cock-ups they've made with my orders over the years and the times I've really been pretty enraged by them. I'm not entirely sure why I still bother with them, habit I suppose.

On a related note, does anyone have any recommendations for companies to avoid due to dismal service they've received? I'd like to avoid any more wranglings with useless companies. My nominations on that score are PC World, Vodafone and B&Q. I've received horrendous service from them on several occasions and won't touch any of them again with a bargepole.

I would definitely avoid shopping online at H & M. Delivery is unbelievably slow. I'd advise you to have nothing to do with Talk Talk - I had nothing but trouble from the moment I signed up for phone and internet with them. I don't care how cheap they are as I'd rather do without the services than use them again.

I would definitely avoid shopping online at H & M. Delivery is unbelievably slow. I'd advise you to have nothing to do with Talk Talk - I had nothing but trouble from the moment I signed up for phone and internet with them. I don't care how cheap they are as I'd rather do without the services than use them again.

Talk Talk/aka Tiscalli/aka Pipex must be the top contender for the Gold Medal because they are the pits!

Iceland are no more dubious than anyone else, in fact they were one of the first to ban GM food and additives from food. I buy items in Iceland, their bread and tea prices are often better than big supermarkets. Their frozen vegetables and fish are top quality. People who think they just sell ready meals or processed junk are misinformed. And just to counter the outrageous stereotyping going on, I own my own company and doing quite nicely thank you very much.

Edit. They also sell free range eggs. None of the meat is free range.

Hello KimP (and all),

I apologise if my comment offended you, it is as I said, just my own personal opinion.

I didn't realise that Iceland sell free range eggs, I am pleased that they have these available. I have my own chickens and therefore I rarely buy eggs. We have a marvellous farm shop close by where I can get free range meat and poultry but it expensive and, sadly, is not within everybody's housekeeping budget. I count myself very fortunate to be able to shop there but I do wish that the produce were more affordable for all. It is nice to know the provenance of what we eat. I didn't mean to sound snooty in my last comment, I am a nurse, so not the most highly paid person!

Best wishes,

Inge x

I see another British company is considering selling out to foreign investors. I read the other day that a South African consortium has offered to buy BHS.

Latest posts

Back