Brands that you think should or shouldn't be on Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I thought I would start a new thread as to what people's thoughts were on brands that should or shouldn't be on Q and why (thus 'pitch the brand').

I personally will make a 'pitch' for Ecoegg. Why! Reviews are consistently bad and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason for the products! Not a good pitch I know but the fact is I feel that this should be a brand that perhaps has 'had its time' on Q! The only 'shining glory' for the brand seems to be the new anti-bacterial cloths (that are apparently using in Japanese sushi bars), but the reviews could be good because they have yet to be around very long!

Crikey where do I start ? As an avid hater of 99% of their clothing, I`d say scrap the whole lot of their clothing brands and start again but do their homework first.
I don`t buy any of their makeup or skincare and the only brand I use is ABC and it peeves me to say it but QVC still offer the best value on it so I give them a big thumbs up for that brand.
Whittle down the dyson shows too, fair enough some people may want to buy a new vacuum cleaner but not once a fortnight !

But where would Dyson shift they old products? LOL

Gale Hayman, being going on QVC for donkey's years, people say its on market stalls up and down the UK cheaper.

Agree about the so called fashion

The ****** No No.

Ultra Sun which is widely available on the high street, hey M&S give 20% regularly.

If we have to have Gardening most days sometimes all weekend...why not get a recognized Gardener like Alan Titchmarch or Charlie Dimmock, and give the jumped up smarmy little gnome a long rest... I enjoy most of the DIY shows so I suppose I would give that show the :mysmilie_59: lol

Most of the food items are hugely overpriced. I can't really see the need when most supermarkets deliver these days.

i agree totally about eco egg - big time complete waste of money, tried and tested by me - only once so no more. Crickey where do I begin also, one place for me personally is OPI and LEIGHTON DENNY can't stand the presenting of this rubbish - I could never understand why it became so 'liked, desired and wanted' when there are brands such as Essie and Nails Inc to name just 2 of far more superior quality, and those little gems Mavala have been selling here since I was just a wee girl, they're fantastic.

I also do not like that new presenter, I looked at her blog and sorry but they mention shows that she was on which were never watched in my house, so her name means zilch to me, she's on with another name dropping 'celebrity' girl doing the LD hour and I thought to myself 'where the heck do they get them' so much for the LD former model being the brand rep - Then there's the man who sells those awful cheap American storeage boxes that wouldn't have house room in my home - you can buy them 10 a penny, so why do Q even bother - my list is long so I'll leave it at this.

Im with you all on the clothing brands- although I do like Join if it was a decent price. Pension off Michele Hope, Kim Mendelson,the bloke from Quacker factory, big bird from Nina Leonard- yada yada!
Since the demise of Smashbox on QVC there's not many big makeup brands on QVC although I do like the look of Tarte. I'd love Mac to be on as its not readily available on every high street although as these brands get bought out there seems less and less opportunity for this to happen!
I agree on the ten - a- penny storage boxes that seem to be on a TSV every other month!
It's not as though we get different items from the brands, they just recycle the same styles/ items ( or is it called 'back in stock?!)

I agree too on the ditching of some of those brands, also I'm a huge fan of MAC and NARS, don't like TARTE purely because I think there's better around and it's over-hyped.

CLARKS shoes last time I looked you can buy all over every town - that's not a brand I like personally for my feet or their styles, I also associate it with my awful school days back in the 50s LoL so that's a no go for me.

If we have to have Gardening most days sometimes all weekend...why not get a recognized Gardener like Alan Titchmarch or Charlie Dimmock, and give the jumped up smarmy little gnome a long rest... I enjoy most of the DIY shows so I suppose I would give that show the :mysmilie_59: lol

I'm all for giving the gnome a rest but we had Charlie Dimmock for a while but she seemed so uncomfortable in front of the camera. Then we also had Matt Biggs. He was good but he disappeared as well. I think we are destined to be gnomed up for ever more!

This threads making me laugh. Of course the fashion needs to go first and foremost .Julien Macdonald first out. Diamonique could do with an extended break .Its all the same .Would be good to see more gems.

I'd get rid of Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau and Liz Earle because I am sick and tired of hearing the same weary old drivel spilled out by ambassadors who are ageing worse than I am!!

I'd like to see the lot of them binned off and let some of the other skin care brands on the market get a look in!

I'd also get rid of the over embellished fashion items-such as the ones with an image of the Eiffel Tower covered in garish sequins and anything in stretchy lace.

I'd also get rid of Ingrid Tarrant and her range of over priced tents with arm holes and tops that look less attractive than my dish coths!

I'd get rid of Elemis, Decleor, Gatineau and Liz Earle because I am sick and tired of hearing the same weary old drivel spilled out by ambassadors who are ageing worse than I am!!

I'd like to see the lot of them binned off and let some of the other skin care brands on the market get a look in!

I'd also get rid of the over embellished fashion items-such as the ones with an image of the Eiffel Tower covered in garish sequins and anything in stretchy lace.

I'd also get rid of Ingrid Tarrant and her range of over priced tents with arm holes and tops that look less attractive than my dish coths!

I second that

I have had a good laugh reading these posts. I would put it into administration or sack everyone and get decent buyers, stylists, presenters and guests

Im with you all on the clothing brands- although I do like Join if it was a decent price. Pension off Michele Hope, Kim Mendelson,the bloke from Quacker factory, big bird from Nina Leonard- yada yada!
Since the demise of Smashbox on QVC there's not many big makeup brands on QVC although I do like the look of Tarte. I'd love Mac to be on as its not readily available on every high street although as these brands get bought out there seems less and less opportunity for this to happen!
I agree on the ten - a- penny storage boxes that seem to be on a TSV every other month!
It's not as though we get different items from the brands, they just recycle the same styles/ items ( or is it called 'back in stock?!)

You will never ever get MAC on QVC, they are guarded by Estee Lauder as the golden goose. They have stores begging them to come into them so can pick and choose. They are in my local Debenhams and House Of Fraser tried to lure them. Debenhams bend over backwards for anything MAC wanted to stay in the store. Three times the space they had before told rebuild of their counter.

Smashbox got bought out by Estee Lauder who just decided to pull the brand. Its not the same brand it was.

Get rid of all the fashion for a start & bring in some decent British brands. I'd like to see Kettlewell for one.
I second getting rid of Elemis, Gatineau & Liz Earle. How about Clarins if we can't have Mac.
And let's have some more pet stuff. America is great at pet products, stuff you hardly ever get over here unless you happen to get lucky in TKMaxx.
And boring though it might be, men are sadly neglected so perhaps a few more things for them.

I'd like to seem them do certified cruelty free brands like Neal's Yard, Sparitual, Balm Balm - will never happen, as it would highlight that almost every beauty brand they currently sell is not certified cruelty free.

Think these are BIG money makers for QVC so will be there until the sun dies and universe disappears.

Latest posts

Back