Bowls are bowls ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Bowls are bowls and boxes (Lock n Lock) are boxes, so why spend about 10 minutes demonstrating what you can put into a bowl, as in : - - -

They waste so much food showing that you could put it into a bowl, or a LnL etc when all you need to know is the size and shape. (which they often don't bother to tell you). We all know you can put things in them (but they have never mentioned that I use one for a camera, and another for binoculars lol).

And the same with pans and frying pans, we all know you can cook in them without having to cook loads of dishes to prove it.

Bowls are bowls and boxes (Lock n Lock) are boxes, so why spend about 10 minutes demonstrating what you can put into a bowl, as in : - - -

They waste so much food showing that you could put it into a bowl, or a LnL etc when all you need to know is the size and shape. (which they often don't bother to tell you). We all know you can put things in them (but they have never mentioned that I use one for a camera, and another for binoculars lol).

And the same with pans and frying pans, we all know you can cook in them without having to cook loads of dishes to prove it.
I suppose they have to fill up the time they are allotted. I specially don't like it when they gas everyone out with the boiled eggs. I don't like to see the wasted food either. Some of the meat they show is very expensive to buy.

I suppose they have to fill up the time they are allotted. I specially don't like it when they gas everyone out with the boiled eggs. I don't like to see the wasted food either. Some of the meat they show is very expensive to buy.
Strato, your thinking is profound for QVC.
They could show many more items if they just showed them and gave the basic info, no need to have smelly boiled eggs in a box, especially as we can't smell them anyway!

i remember watching once , I think the demonstrator was called Jilly, it was a good few years ago( she was a great demonstrator that would run rings around the awful stage school ones they have now ) she was old aspirational QVC not like the trash now, she knew her product,however she said once when demonstrating some food saving product " when you see in the supermarket , buy one get one free with fruit, we call it buy one, throw one away"...what she and the presenter didn't acknowledge was...you don't have to take both items....it shows the lack of thinking with the brand of qvc.

i remember watching once , I think the demonstrator was called Jilly, it was a good few years ago( she was a great demonstrator that would run rings around the awful stage school ones they have now ) she was old aspirational QVC not like the trash now, she knew her product,however she said once when demonstrating some food saving product " when you see in the supermarket , buy one get one free with fruit, we call it buy one, throw one away"...what she and the presenter didn't acknowledge was...you don't have to take both items....it shows the lack of thinking with the brand of qvc.
I think that was Jilly Jones who used to do the Calico cottage fudge kits. She was also excellent with the Easiyo but then the BA was Caroline who’d been a model on QVC replaced her. She’d preach and demonstrate healthy recipes, which frankly was boring.

I still use the bag sealing gadget that Jilly demonstrated.

Jilly Jones was really good, knew her stuff. Simon Brown as well. The Lock and Lock man used to be Malcolm I think and he was a far better watch than Gill Gauntlett. Has anyone noticed how the female presenters/BAs have started talking faster and faster and faster? I turned off Kathryn Goldsmith and then Gill Gauntlett as they were making my ears bleed.

CC

I noticed that Will has also changed the way he presents. He used to be quietly spoken and calm which made a pleasant change to some of the other presenters. However when I caught some of his shows yesterday he seemed a lot more “shouty” and excitable so I changed channels. I hope it was a temporary change to his presenting style.

I watched some of the morning show this morning, before going out, but put it on mute because after five minutes I’d lost count of the number of times that Ophelia said “as well.” 🙄 The BA for Neom (I think) also uses “absolutely” too many times for me to watch.

I noticed that Will seems to have changed the way he presents recently. He used to be quietly spoken and calm which made a pleasant change to some of the other presenters. However when I caught some of his shows yesterday he seemed a lot more “shouty” and excitable so I changed channels. I hope it was a temporary change to his presenting style.

I watched some of the morning show this morning, before going out, but put it on mute because after five minutes I’d lost count of the number of times that Ophelia said “as well.” 🙄 The BA for Neom (I think) also uses “absolutely” too many times for me to watch.

I’m not sure why I appear to have quoted myself. 😳 I obviously clicked on something that I should haven’t done. Apologies to anyone who wonders if I might be going mad …. but I’m fine. 👍

This really makes me cross, too. It's so wasteful and thoughtless. It was always drummed into me that it was a terrible thing to do to waste food, and there they are opening endless tins and bottles just for the sake of it. And it's not even as if the crew can eat the stuff, so at least it's not totally going to waste: the Kuhn Rikon show yesterday had her opening endless jars and tins of things like cannelini beans, tinned tomatoes and other cooking ingredients which must have gone straight in the bin.

They're always wanging on about the environment and greenwashing everything: maybe they could start there.

I'm not sure if I should admit this (but I will) - - one of my neighbours gets LOADS of food that supermarkets would otherwise throw out, then gives it away.

She gets it on the last day it is best before, sometimes even "use by".

Recently she had 2 huge boxes of bananas, still sealed, and looking perfect, I had 3 bunches.

But best of all (or worst of all) loads of cakes and pastries. I really like these, but never buy them, myself so they are a treat. But I'm ashamed to say, for the last couple of weeks, I've been gorging on pastries, and especially 6 croissants every day.

Because I try to stick the the adult male recommended calories of 2500 per day, that is virtually ALL I have eaten (plus my 1L of yogurt of course) so a very unhealthy diet. I've found that even 1 week old croissants are OK if you heat them up a bit and eat them warm.

She gets more bread of all types than people can eat, I've got loads in my freezer of sliced and unsliced loaves of various types, naans, pitta, rolls, etc etc.

TBH I have had so many that I want something else, and will have my last 2 unfrozen croissants tomorrow, but there are lots in the freezer (not to mention sticky buns, muffins, choc cake and so on).

She often has to throw some of the bread away (composts it) as everyone has enough already. If she offers me more pastries in the near future, I will have to refuse it and eat some proper food!

I'm not sure if I should admit this (but I will) - - one of my neighbours gets LOADS of food that supermarkets would otherwise throw out, then gives it away.

She gets it on the last day it is best before, sometimes even "use by".

Recently she had 2 huge boxes of bananas, still sealed, and looking perfect, I had 3 bunches.

But best of all (or worst of all) loads of cakes and pastries. I really like these, but never buy them, myself so they are a treat. But I'm ashamed to say, for the last couple of weeks, I've been gorging on pastries, and especially 6 croissants every day.

Because I try to stick the the adult male recommended calories of 2500 per day, that is virtually ALL I have eaten (plus my 1L of yogurt of course) so a very unhealthy diet. I've found that even 1 week old croissants are OK if you heat them up a bit and eat them warm.

She gets more bread of all types than people can eat, I've got loads in my freezer of sliced and unsliced loaves of various types, naans, pitta, rolls, etc etc.

TBH I have had so many that I want something else, and will have my last 2 unfrozen croissants tomorrow, but there are lots in the freezer (not to mention sticky buns, muffins, choc cake and so on).

She often has to throw some of the bread away (composts it) as everyone has enough already. If she offers me more pastries in the near future, I will have to refuse it and eat some proper food!
Well at least you’ve saved some money but 6 croissants a day is quite shocking!! (I hate pastry so not thought of it makes me feel sick but the bread sounds good!)

Definitely time to ease off and get some veg in you!! And protein!
Could you not just have one a day and balance rest of diet..

Are you very active?
I ask bc I can’t and don’t eat anywhere near the 2000 set calories for women.
Bc of illness and situation, am very very limited in activity - so have to amend diet to fit.
Plus I think I’ve probably messed up my metabolism over the years - long story!

Wonder how/why your neighbour gets all that food?
Great that she distributes it tho!

Our local food bank which I support, has links with 3 local supermarkets and they collect excess food from them before the twice-weekly banks for perishable items.

So alongside providing people who need the donated and bought basics of long-life items such as tins and packets etc, the wider community is welcome to come and share in the supermarket excess short-date items.

They often have excess of bananas and bakery etc, but sometimes they’ll have more exotic veg and the like!

Well at least you’ve saved some money but 6 croissants a day is quite shocking!! (I hate pastry so not thought of it makes me feel sick but the bread sounds good!)

Definitely time to ease off and get some veg in you!! And protein!
Could you not just have one a day and balance rest of diet..

Are you very active?
I ask bc I can’t and don’t eat anywhere near the 2000 set calories for women.
Bc of illness and situation, am very very limited in activity - so have to amend diet to fit.
Plus I think I’ve probably messed up my metabolism over the years - long story!

Wonder how/why your neighbour gets all that food?
Great that she distributes it tho!

Our local food bank which I support, has links with 3 local supermarkets and they collect excess food from them before the twice-weekly banks for perishable items.

So alongside providing people who need the donated and bought basics of long-life items such as tins and packets etc, the wider community is welcome to come and share in the supermarket excess short-date items.

They often have excess of bananas and bakery etc, but sometimes they’ll have more exotic veg and the like!
I know it is not good for me, and I am actually now fed up of them, and 2 minutes ago she msgd me to say she has more for me!

If I only have 1 per day as you suggested, then 5 per day would have to be thrown away :(

Latest posts

Back