Bose

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Each time there is a Bose tsv, I feel like trying this brand. Why haven't I, yet? Colour choice. As there is another on Saturday, I would appreciate any feedback on the colour you chose, and why. Thanks.

We have a plain grey one, wasn't a colour choice at the time other than white. I bought it for DH, he likes it but if I'd bought it for me I'd have sent it back as I expected more, plus the aerial is rubbish, can't use the radio at all now and that's with the external aerial as well.

If you buy one i hope you enjoy frankly i feel they are overpriced and overrated for what they are.

I was very tempted by a Bose a few years ago. I did some internet research and settled on a Cambridge system that does the same. I've been very pleased with it and it was around a third cheaper than the comparable Bose system.

I did have a Bose for my 'uncompressed music' on my ipod. I wasn't that impressed. It is better than the usual from Currys. I am a bit of a nerd when listening to music tho' & have an Arcam system. - And the Arcam cube for my ipod.

I was very tempted by a Bose a few years ago. I did some internet research and settled on a Cambridge system that does the same. I've been very pleased with it and it was around a third cheaper than the comparable Bose system.

LL, after reading your post, I went on the Cambridge Audio website, I am considering buying the speaker/subwoofer system for my laptop. Excellent value with £50 off. Disregarding the cost, what is the performance like with the Cambridge? I cannot get over the fact that, even after we were all warned that the analogue signal was being switched off, Bose were still bringing tsv systems to the Q with a basic am/fm radio. At the price they charge, the very least you would expect would be up to date, operational features.

We have it in black and fwiw, although the sound is very good, it's not worth the huge amount of money they're asking for it. But it makes OH a happy man, so who am I to winge? If you find another brand you're happy with, go for that one.

I've recently been in the market for a music system. Considered the Bose, but felt it was too pricey for what you get. I finally plumped for the Marantz MCR610 Melody Media. Really pleased with the purchase. You get a lot of spec for £429. You need to add speakers though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back