BOnova TSV 05/05/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Like this….

1649355609344.jpeg

😌

When they had their first show a few members showed an interest but I don’t remember any feedback either positive or negative.

If anyone is interested in the original plastic Birkenstocks (not the flip flops) Marks is doing a version which I bought for the garden and they are every bit as comfortable as the Birkenstock as I live in them from early spring to late autumn around the house and garden.

I've got Birkis that are 20 years old and still going strong. They've been in the sea, had soles glued back on and I lost a pair to a rabbit teef attack (not the bunnies in the picture). I wear them all year round. I'll probably have one of my current pairs that will out-live me. So I probably don't need anymore, or a look-a-like brand.

I need solid soles under foot because I have hypermobility syndrome ( a branch of EDS) and squishy soles like IW's Flyflots risk dislocations or other injuries, so I appreciate Birkis. But I know others find them agony to wear.

I've got Birkis that are 20 years old and still going strong. They've been in the sea, had soles glued back on and I lost a pair to a rabbit teef attack (not the bunnies in the picture). I wear them all year round. I'll probably have one of my current pairs that will out-live me. So I probably don't need anymore, or a look-a-like brand.

I need solid soles under foot because I have hypermobility syndrome ( a branch of EDS) and squishy soles like IW's Flyflots risk dislocations or other injuries, so I appreciate Birkis. But I know others find them agony to wear.
I have that too!!!! What is EDS though?

I’ve just been reading about an app called StrutFit which tells you what size you require for different brands. Anyone used it? Wonder if it distinguishes between styles since all we ever hear on Q is “go up/down as size in this style”
That's a genius idea if it works. A bit like Findation for foundation shades. It will work perfectly until there's a range that isn't consistent. Sketchers is a bit hit and miss for me. I'm down a full size in Birkenstocks.

I remember Hotter used to do a thing where you drew an outline of your foot and was able to get an exact fit. However I bought a pair in store , perfect fit so sent for a second pair but despite being exactly the same other than colour, yet the sizing was totally different.

BTW Marks have added Hotter to their never ending list of brands which are online only.

I remember Hotter used to do a thing where you drew an outline of your foot and was able to get an exact fit. However I bought a pair in store , perfect fit so sent for a second pair but despite being exactly the same other than colour, yet the sizing was totally different.

BTW Marks have added Hotter to their never ending list of brands which are online only.
The good thing with M&S is free post via thier local shops no matter how small the item.

I have that too!!!! What is EDS though?
I also have hypermobility and am waiting for a hospital appointment to confirm it is Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It can cause many other problems as well; blood pressure, stomach problems, breathing problems, eye problems, all of which I have had for most of my life but noone ever linked them all until last year. I have had problems with my joints since I was a very young child and am now 55 and may finally have a formal diagnosis.

I also have hypermobility and love Birkenstocks to hold my poor feet together. I did buy a pair of BOnovo shoes last year and they are really good. I will be interested in this TSV. I have also found that Rieker are good for my feet as well and have been collecting many pairs over the last few years. I may get rid of all of my other shoes as I always seem to go straight for my Riekers now.

Hi other bendy wendies :love:
It's a minefield getting a diagnosis; mine wasn't spotted until a physio in my 40s even though I'd had symptoms since high school. I found pilates classes helped but then I stopped going because the tummy troubles got a bit carried away (no one wants to be a windy wendy in an exercise class...)

Apologies to anyone called Wendy, I'll use a different name in future.

Latest posts

Back