Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Has anyone every tried the BB Tinted Moisturiser? I've got it on waitlist and I'm now wondering if I should wait or cancel the order. I've never tried BB before.

I have tried it, it is very creamy and solid and has a strange smell.
It looks ok on my nomral skin, but I would not repurchase as other TM do the same job and are easier to apply

HTH

Thanks Tia, I was hoping it would be light, if it's creamy and solid it seems it would be more like a foundation. Any other TM's you would specifically recommend?

If its the moisturising balm in the little pot, then it looks quite greasy.. I only say this because I saw them using it on the BB shows & Rene the model looked like she had an oil slick on her face.. Maybe you need to have really dry skin for it to be useful, though it has some very good reviews on qvc.. At least you have the 30 day MBG if you wanted to try it out..

I use the balm one it was recommended on here , but my skin has got thirsty with age. would not have used 10 yyears ago but good now. Do agree it does have a strange smell.

If its the moisturising balm in the little pot, then it looks quite greasy.. I only say this because I saw them using it on the BB shows & Rene the model looked like she had an oil slick on her face..

I watched several of the BB shoiws Daisy & ALL the models looked as though they had an oil slick on their faces - not so much 'healthy glow' as 'full-on shiny'! I was pretty gobsmacked tbh & could hardly believe what I was seeing, especially as whatever-his-name-is was still twittering on as though it was perfectly normal to step outsiide your house looking like you've just completed the London Marathon on a particularly hot day! Kinda surreal actually I thought.......! lol

I watched several of the BB shoiws Daisy & ALL the models looked as though they had an oil slick on their faces - not so much 'healthy glow' as 'full-on shiny'! I was pretty gobsmacked tbh & could hardly believe what I was seeing, especially as whatever-his-name-is was still twittering on as though it was perfectly normal to step outsiide your house looking like you've just completed the London Marathon on a particularly hot day! Kinda surreal actually I thought.......! lol

Haha.. Yeah, ive never seen a product look so oily on the face.. Think you could have fried some fish & chips on the faces! Maybe if your skin is extra dry, it absorbs well, but otherwise it appears to sit on the skin & just stay there..

Haha.. Yeah, ive never seen a product look so oily on the face.. Think you could have fried some fish & chips on the faces! Maybe if your skin is extra dry, it absorbs well, but otherwise it appears to sit on the skin & just stay there..

Think I've heard enough to make me cancel. Thanks everyone.

I have both the balm and the tube version. The balm is great for dry skin but I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin. I know people say it smells weird but I like the smell and find it quite soothing.

Think I've heard enough to make me cancel. Thanks everyone.

Maybe it was due to 'adverse studio conditions' Topaz?
Certainly on this occasion, it was not a good look & we exaggerate not, it was 'shiny' with a capital 'S', even my OH commented on the poor unfortunate model (blonde one with the ginormous lips I think it was?) sitting there greasily fluorescing quietly while whatsiname skipped about squeaking happily about how wonderful it was! lol
(Other model I recall was the older, fair haired lady & she was just as bad, poor thing - is the younger one called Amanda actually?)

I tried the balm last year after one of AY's overzealous selling/shouting pitches!! It was so thick and smelled of lavender. Also it does make your face really shiny. Needless to say it went back!!

I find the balm "cracks" on me - weirdly - It separates in the cleft of my chin, around my nose and the naso-labial folds next to my mouth and leaves a very visible "crack". It doesn't dry out or anything, the coverage just breaks up in those areas. I have combination skin - a combination of what exactly varies from day to day!

I'm using it up, but I wouldn't buy it again. (and it's not often I say that about a BB product.) :D

Maybe it was due to 'adverse studio conditions' Topaz?
Certainly on this occasion, it was not a good look & we exaggerate not, it was 'shiny' with a capital 'S', even my OH commented on the poor unfortunate model (blonde one with the ginormous lips I think it was?) sitting there greasily fluorescing quietly while whatsiname skipped about squeaking happily about how wonderful it was! lol
(Other model I recall was the older, fair haired lady & she was just as bad, poor thing - is the younger one called Amanda actually?)

I think you're right Kitten, it is Amanda. I did think when he was putting it on one model with a brush that it looked a bit thick. Anyway, I've cancelled the order so I won't be impersonating an oil slick any time soon!!

one of the worst make up demos ever. all the models looked really shiny and odd.
you would only get away with that balm if your skin was very dry and thirsty.

The only tinted moisturiser I have used and loved (and I have tried many of all price ranges) is the no7 one, and with the £5 off vouchers they do for no7 often it works out £5.50, bargain!

The only tinted moisturiser I have used and loved (and I have tried many of all price ranges) is the no7 one, and with the £5 off vouchers they do for no7 often it works out £5.50, bargain!

One of the DDs uses this Flamingo & swears by it, SPF15 as well, if I remember correctly?

Latest posts

Back