Bob Mackie TSV 27/12/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
Can't wait to see this at midnight :smirk:. I apologise in advance to those who own and love a Bob Mackie piece but quite honestly I wouldn't be seen dead in anything I've seen so far. QVC has picked the perfect presenter for this in Jilly H. She's inoffensive enough but not really 'out there' as far as fashion is concerned.

Dear Gawd, who buys this 'wearable art' :grin: I can't wait to see Michelle Hope's offerings.

It's on now in the background, & I've caught sight of a couple of garments :mysmilie_483:

One red chiffon affair looked quite "nice" from the front but when she turned round my eye was drawn to the clutch of labels sewn into the neckline and a very small inter-lining. Surely they know enough about clothes to (a) use small labels and put them into a side seam (or use adhesive peel-off labels) and (b) to firm the neck edge with a rouleau/self-coloured binding instead of inter-lining, or interline the area completely.

These changes would probably add a few pence to their manufacturing processes but the clothes would look soooo much better.

Huh, just seen a shirt with an embroidered applique. The embroidery has puckered the fabric underneath and the button placket is also unevenly stitched and puckered.

I know you get what you pay for and perhaps I'm being a bit picky, but the garments aren't dirt cheap yet they are no nicer than what my mum buys in Chelmsford market for £12.

The blue has sold out & most of the sizes have gone in the other colours!

The blue has sold out & most of the sizes have gone in the other colours!

OMG. There are some real sad b****rds around. Sad or maybe just have no idea whatsoever how to dress, so get totally taken in by QVC presenters giving them styling tips. What really makes me laugh is when Pippa Vand... whatever she's called, is presenting and she is wearing one of the hideous garments from the show. She looks absolutely ridiculous cos she would obviously never in a million years wear such crap.

Latest posts

Back