Blonde Bombshell.... Dawbags!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why does she need extentions when Qvc sell "amazing" hair care ranges. :dull:
Cos if you have fine hair none of them work Autumn, sold on Q or otherwise. I should know, the amount I've spent on so called miracle hair products lol. Oooh the number of times I believed what Q presenters & guests told me only to find it was too expensive to bother sending back. The best of the lot for me is "Wen" or "Hair One" as they're cleansing conditioners, no lather just cream with oils. Sounds mucky but cleans my hair the best too. Only use traditional shampoo & conditioner after hair colour now at the hairdressers. I caved in & had extensions a few years ago, never looked back. It's the only way & even learnt with a friend how to put them in & take them out ;)

Cos if you have fine hair none of them work Autumn, sold on Q or otherwise. I should know, the amount I've spent on so called miracle hair products lol. Oooh the number of times I believed what Q presenters & guests told me only to find it was too expensive to bother sending back. The best of the lot for me is "Wen" or "Hair One" as they're cleansing conditioners, no lather just cream with oils. Sounds mucky but cleans my hair the best too. Only use traditional shampoo & conditioner after hair colour now at the hairdressers. I caved in & had extensions a few years ago, never looked back. It's the only way & even learnt with a friend how to put them in & take them out ;)

Totally agree i guess my sarcasm didnt come across well lol

Older woman long hair YUK.
I think that depends very much on the woman and the condition of the hair. Some more mature ladies look stunning with long hair & also when they have it up. Agreed some don't but hey, if it gives someone confidence & they feel good about themselves that's the important thing. In my nan's day you reached 40, off it got cut. Now thankfully people are free to express their style & not do what society & the marketing bods dictate.

I saw a picture of Koo Stark, (Prince Andrew's ex from many years ago), in the paper & she looked stunning with very long hair. She must be in her 50's now. AND she hasn't coloured it as it has white/grey bits, quite a few of them. Fair play to her!

I think that depends very much on the woman and the condition of the hair. Some more mature ladies look stunning with long hair & also when they have it up. Agreed some don't but hey, if it gives someone confidence & they feel good about themselves that's the important thing. In my nan's day you reached 40, off it got cut. Now thankfully people are free to express their style & not do what society & the marketing bods dictate.

and half the people on this forum.

Burlz, I always laugh when I see the name Dawbags, it just suits her so well....brilliant!

maybe she has been checking out this forum & saw the other comments & decided to pop in a kenny special , it did look better than the last time I saw her on air , long hair looks good on some people age regardless , but I do think as your starting to age keeping it a little shorter does seem to look better generally especially if your grey or white & dont colour your hair

long grey hair is very ageing

I totally agree it depends on the individual, really short hair can make some people's features look really harsh IMO. I also think it depends on your interpretation of 'long' hair - I don't think of anything below the chin as long, for example Ms Young has hair below her chin but I'd actually think of it as reasonably short? Jolly Holliday has what I think of as long hair.

Granted, she looks better than she did, that's as positive as its going to get i'm afraid to say.

Long hair in general is an individual thing as it doesn't suit everyone's features, just looking at the Pippa thread shows us that. The question is about long hair on women over the age of 45. There are some women who can carry it off but IMO they are in the minority.

If you talk to any good hairdresser they will advise you and show you what difference it makes keeping the eye at jawline. There's a general rule that as skin slackens and the jaw heads South then the length of your hair should be heading North. That doesn't mean short hair, it means maybe a little shorter and/or a more flattering style - something that flatters the jawline, exposes the neck more. A slackened less defined jawline is better if you don't try and hide it behind hair. I think colour is also an important factor in all this.

JR still looks good with her lustrous locks and the actress Jane Seymour has looked beautiful with her hair for years, but if you notice she's pulled it away from her face more in recent years - neither of these ladies are brassy blonde either.

My sister, who is naturally beautiful turned 45 in November, shes always had quite long hair but recently decided to get it cut to just below her jaw line,, well, as always, she looks fabulous and could easily pass for early 30s.

I don't personally feel that long hair looks good on older women (50+?) but it's their choice.

Doesn't alter the fact, for the majority, it takes years off them when they do go short.

I don't like Claire's hairstyle at all, but at least her hair is in fabulous condition and doesn't look unkempt. The reason Anne's hair looks so awful is IMO, unless Ken Paves has worked his magic, it just a mess with no style at all!

Latest posts

Back