Black Friday deals on QVC..... not

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

frenchie

Registered Shopper
I've just followed the link on the website to their Black Friday Offers, and was disappointed to see that many of their 'offers' are regular stock items, at the regular full price.
To me, this is just plain misleading... and smacks of trying to take advantage of customers who'll be buying today assuming that all goods for sale under the 'Black Friday' banner are bargains!
I'm sure the argument for this practise is that buyers should do their homework before rushing into panic buys.... but that's the whole point of Black Friday, and many won't be shopping around today.....
Very naughty QVC!

Compared to other websites their supposed Black Friday deals are a joke.

Typical Q .I never bothered to look.They jump on any marketing bandwagon without giving much if any benefit to their customers .The least they could do it cancel all P&P for the day.

Their £10 black friday beauty section has a grand total of 11 items. No mention of the original price so no way of knowing what sort of deal they are offering. I have a strong suspicion though!

I bought a nice boxed little Philip Kingsley set from M&S, half price at £12.50. Q have the virtually identical kit with a little bag for £20 plus postage.

Rubbish as usual. I seem to buy less and less from Q these days as they never really have any bargain buys at all and I can find most things elsewhere at better prices and lower delivery costs.

Yes, had a quick look at their deals and was seriously underwhelmed. Agree that marketing is misleading - maybe not for regular viewers but could catch out newbies.

I had a look at the link too and wondered where the deals were! Either make the effort QVC or don't bother.

I'm afraid I just deleted the email. It was an utter joke last year, and I didn't get sucked in, not going to even waste my time reading it this year!

The QVC black Friday deals are much the same as their clearance sales, in most cases not enough off to cover the p&p. They don't give much away...

Sick to death of Black Friday tbh , I've probably had 100 odd emails in the last few days regarding it from all the big retailers, majority of the items reduced are old stock which would be in the sales anyway.

Sick to death of Black Friday tbh , I've probably had 100 odd emails in the last few days regarding it from all the big retailers, majority of the items reduced are old stock which would be in the sales anyway.

Me to... the delete button is the most frequently used on my email account at present!

QVCs pricing is made in a way that they still make a massive profit and non of their deals are genuine, unlike other channels/places that have genuine offers and promotions...........but die hard QVC customers will buy from them no matter what and their profit margins are ridiculously high so why should they knock any money off their prices? they've absolutely no need to (happy to say though that I don't contribute to them)

Apple aren't doing it this year, first time for several years, it was the only time you could get discounts from them, and they were quite good last year.

I have not looked into QVC at all today . after reading this thread, I had a quick look on the web page maybe their interpretation of Black Friday is to sell items with some black colour in them :mysmilie_17: because most of the items are black in colour, and I cannot see any special reductions !

Strange isn't it, for an American company, which essentially QVC is, how little they seem to "get" Black Friday?

They put all sorts of labels on days to make them sound like something special... so the real reason they're not that bothered about existing members is that once you clue into the token efforts you stop being lured in by the marketing for these things.

I noticed that they had another Her haircare product bargain hunter - either yesterday or Thursday... all the bargain hunters and the clearance prices just don't seem to be shifting the stuff... maybe get rid??? It's been a good couple of years since John Barrowman last graced the screens of QVC-land... the product must be close to or at its best before date by now! But, no, let's try and get customers to pay good money (plus P&P of course) rather than stick it in the skip.

QVC are all spin. Their Black Friday deals don't seem any different to their regular offerings :(

I have not looked into QVC at all today . after reading this thread, I had a quick look on the web page maybe their interpretation of Black Friday is to sell items with some black colour in them :mysmilie_17: because most of the items are black in colour, and I cannot see any special reductions !

I liked a pair of Sketchers this morning and they were black at £43 +pp just a regular price.Should QVC not cross out the regular price and replace it with Black Friday price, £xx like they do for Surprise price, Summer price, Christmas price, Special price etc which they do put in the red if remember correctly. Today is the brainwashing day, more so than any other day.

Argos seem to have some good deals going. I almost bought an HP netbook as a second laptop for only £150 which is a really amazing price. I'm still thinking about it as I'd like to get the vacuum-cleaning robot. I could get both and put one on the credit card, but I'd rather not do that. I guess the laptop would be more helpful than the robot, but then I already have a laptop and I don't have a robot! I don't know which one to buy now :(

Latest posts

Back