Black Friday deals on QVC..... not

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just followed the link on the website to their Black Friday Offers, and was disappointed to see that many of their 'offers' are regular stock items, at the regular full price.
To me, this is just plain misleading... and smacks of trying to take advantage of customers who'll be buying today assuming that all goods for sale under the 'Black Friday' banner are bargains!
I'm sure the argument for this practise is that buyers should do their homework before rushing into panic buys.... but that's the whole point of Black Friday, and many won't be shopping around today.....
Very naughty QVC!

That is just what they are doing, :
misleading. I think the trading standard people or the Consumer Help people ought to keep an eye on the Q once in a while and give them a warning, they should have done that when:

1 ) The Diamonique Crown disappeared without us, the viewers knowing where it went!

2 ) When prize /s that were for the QVC members bidding for the Charity Breast Cancer Care was/were taken and given to associates/friends of a presenter!

Usually there are rules in establishments/companies saying that staff /people working there are not allowed to take part in contests. In QVC's case it will be presenters .

Compared to other websites their supposed Black Friday deals are a joke.

Yes:nod: They may as well have not bothered, they were trying to flog things that were not selling .

Typical Q .I never bothered to look.They jump on any marketing bandwagon without giving much if any benefit to their customers .The least they could do it cancel all P&P for the day.

I am sure they would have made some sales if they had done that. Sometimes I wonder if they ever have meetings at all to discuss and plan before such occasions.

I think the worst thing they have done is charging P&P for the poppies! At least they could have given up profit for them and charged just cost price!

Caroline Hirons made a very good point in her latest blog. She doesn't do Black Friday... as we've just imported the retail frenzy and forgotten about the other part of it... Thanksgiving. So perhaps what we need is not a day where humans forget their humanity in their desperation to get a bargain, but a day when people express what they are thankful for. Do we have one of those?

I'm thankful that I don't get sucked in by the QVC shopping spiel the way I used to... and I'm thankful for this forum helping me to do that - and sharing advice and having fun.

So many websites offer good discounts at regular intervals anyway. I get frequent emails offering me 20% off this or Buy one get one free or half price offers, free delivery etc etc etc. Q rarely do any of these and whenever they do discount something, it`s either old stock or the p and p wipes out any benefit from the discount. Now and again you get something with free p and p but I daresay they`ve hiked the price to make up for that.
My Black Friday shopping was a cardi-jacket I`d had my eye on after trying it in store and I got a 20% discount email from their website so I ordered it online. A bottle of skin oil from Love Lula who also sent me a discount email and a 245 wash size of washing powder from Groupon. The jacket and oil were both free p and p and the huge washing powder was £1.99 p and p. QVC will be lucky to get any of my custom this side of next Century !

I bought 2 dresses and a jacket in Debenhams - the dresses were 50% off, the jacket 30% off, and I had an extra 10% because I used my Debenhams mastercard. QVC just cannot compete - they are stuck in the dark ages.

And yet they keep boasting that they have 1000's of new purchasers every day.

Where do they come from?

I became a new customer when I bought a freeview box and was able to watch Q for the first time.

But analogue TV finished years ago, so everyone could watch Q from then on as they had to get some sort of digital service to watch any TV.

QVC will need to have a major re-think to stay ahead or even in the game.We have all used other companies who offer better discounts, free delivery & better service.In the last week I have ordered Kipling bag from their website 50% off +free delivery & return/Pair of trousers ( not Q!) again free delivery & return/ book from Amazon delivered to a friend within a couple of days, free del./Clinique set again free P&P.It would take more than EZP to tempt me or a £70 TSV & £5:95 delivery.

I'm sick of it too! I've spent so long deleting e-mails these last few days, and very few of them offered anything much. They just hope people will get caught up in the hype and order something. I find you get better offers during the rest of the year.
Sick to death of Black Friday tbh , I've probably had 100 odd emails in the last few days regarding it from all the big retailers, majority of the items reduced are old stock which would be in the sales anyway.

I was deleting the emails as well without even reading (there was one from LE) and wasn't tempted by anything this weekend except Tarte ex-TSV as I'm still on a look out for a perfect foundation, but my shade has sold out so be it.

I don't think it's a case of misleading, yes they call it Black Friday event but the prices are clear for everyone to see. I think it makes a more important and bolder statement...
" we really can't be arsed with Black Friday so we have put a black banner up with links to some of our products"
Those of us with sense go elsewhere.

I really can't remember the last thing I bought from Q.
Actually ,yes I can, it was a pirate USB for hubby last year.
I'm quite proud it's been so long.

Latest posts

Back