Bissell Pro Carpet & Upholstery Washer TSV 14/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bissell has been on Ideal World for many years, but has obviously moved to QVC. Meanwhile, Vax has gone the other way - from QVC to Ideal World!

I've had a Bissell carpet cleaner for probably 7 or 8 years, bought from one of the big electrical stores and I have to say it has been one of the best items I've ever bought. The first time I cleaned my carpets with it I was astounded at the colour of the water in it afterwards and I didn't think that they were dirty, just needed a freshen up so I thought. I use it about every 6 months and it has been reliable with no problems as yet. I buy the cleaning fluid from Amazon, much cheaper than QVC and I would recommend that you don't use hot water in it as the guest demonstrator suggested or your wool carpets could shrink afterwards, warm water has always worked fine for me. I don't know if Q's TSV price is competative, best to look around to check.

I have an old Bissell carpet cleaner which I am still using. I always do a final rinse of the machine using water to make sure it does not clog up. I buy my low foam solution from EBay. I use warm water in mine on the wool carpets with no problems.
Took me a while to start using as I was frightened of it! I am easily scared LOL.

I have an old Bissell carpet cleaner which I am still using. I always do a final rinse of the machine using water to make sure it does not clog up. I buy my low foam solution from EBay. I use warm water in mine on the wool carpets with no problems.
Took me a while to start using as I was frightened of it! I am easily scared LOL.
I agree about feeling nervous the first time I used mine, I think it stayed in the box for a couple of weeks when I first got it, until I decided that I would see how it would fare on an old carpet in my glory hole/storage/spare bedroom as it didn't really matter if it chewed that and spat it out! Relieved to say it was fine, in fact the room now has a new lease of life as my sewing room...with still the same carpet down.

I had a carpet sweeper many years ago but it was made by Ewbank - it wasn't very good. I'm pretty sure my mum had a Bissell in the early '60's but I think, back then, it was called Bex Bissell. She loved it. She also had a "manual" carpet cleaner from the same manufacturer. It worked quite well but it was really hard going.

I have a Bissell as well, but not this large flash one. I bought it from Argos online at 4.00 and was using it by 11.00 the next day! I really like it. With hindsight I could have done with a larger one as I need to empty and refill it quite a bit but it does a very good job.

In the 5th jpg that Supercoolwillow posted you can see how the clean water and the dirty water contains can be removed and carried separately. This means that it is easier to carry upstairs. My Bissell has the same concept though a different setup. So much easier than lugging the whole thing upstairs

Latest posts

Back