Birthday Offers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
It's my birthday on Wednesday and I've received lots of offers from different companies ie £5 discount from Matalan, 25% discount from M&S, a bottle of champagne from Beefeater etc etc.

Just wondered why QVC didn't do something like this?

They used to send customers a birthday card with a three pay code on, not exactly giving you something, but three pay code never the less, I think this lasted for all of twenty five minutes.

Because they have so many new customers buying from them, they just don't care about the rest of us.

I have notice a few times on their facebook page people asking about new customers vouchers. Now I get the idea long ago they might have done this, but standard reply is sorry we do not do this. I never got one but hey I am from last century.

they make money how they operate now, so they wont change it unless it breaks, they wont look into P&P capping, they don't offer birthday gifts, they don't have as many easy pay events (it used to be every special event had easy pay, now you're lucky if its just once or twice a year), I do get the feeling that QVC just doesn't care about customer service as long as they continue to make money, its more about attracting new customers than retaining old ones.

they make money how they operate now, so they wont change it unless it breaks, they wont look into P&P capping, they don't offer birthday gifts, they don't have as many easy pay events (it used to be every special event had easy pay, now you're lucky if its just once or twice a year), I do get the feeling that QVC just doesn't care about customer service as long as they continue to make money, its more about attracting new customers than retaining old ones.
That's why they are in business, to make as much money as poss, sod the customer service.

..................... I do get the feeling that QVC just doesn't care about customer service as long as they continue to make money, its more about attracting new customers than retaining old ones.

I don't understand why they are still attracting NEW customers.

There must have been a huge peak of new viewers when analogue TV was switched off so everyone had to go digital and suddenly discovered QVC.

But that was a few years ago, so where are new customers coming from?

I always wonder where these new customers come from is it the great influx of people coming into the uk discovering IW :smirk:

maybe its because of the press they've been getting, I've noticed a few times recently where upcoming TSV's are advertised in newspapers or magazines.

maybe its because of the press they've been getting, I've noticed a few times recently where upcoming TSV's are advertised in newspapers or magazines.

Yeah when I'm at the hairdressers and reading Hello magazine I notice that they always have full page adverts for beauty TSV's like Elemis etc.
Also they do seem to be trying to engage beauty bloggers, I've seen a few blogs mention their products that aren't readily available in the UK apart from at QVC.

It's my birthday on Wednesday and I've received lots of offers from different companies ie £5 discount from Matalan, 25% discount from M&S, a bottle of champagne from Beefeater etc etc.

Just wondered why QVC didn't do something like this?

Lucky you. All I get is an offer to take out life insurance before it's too late. Have a great birthday.

I have been with QVC from the beginning I have never had birthday easy pay card.
Had a few birthday offers last year when I had a big birthday!

The newbie customers will probably only buy once in a blue moon therefore I think shunting the old customers out will be the rock they will perish on.

I've always been told it is cheaper to sell to existing customers than to bring in new customers. Amazingly, QVC seem to buck this trend.

I think if they're aware of birthdays of customers (which they could make part of account set-up for new customers and part of account profile for existing account holders) they could at very little real cost to themselves make a little gesture. Either a voucher for money-off (which would amount to free postage on an item at least) or EP on a shop within a month of the birthday.

They are foolish if they keep only chasing the new. Their core demographic - based on the products they are most successfully selling - appears to be women who are middle-aged or older. That is a customer base that is often very loyal (I know I'm generalising massively). Increasingly, though, as we all age they will find this core demographic will be made up of people who have always had a wider choice of outlets to buy from and have way less loyalty to where they shop.

Also, tellingly, they are really making little or no effort to engage with customers beyond that core demographic. Taking your core demographic for granted, and putting all your eggs in one basket doesn't seem like a way to have long-term business security.

I personally think that if I had just 'found' QVC it would not had such an effect on me as it did all those years ago. They just don't sell things lately that I am all that interested in. Years ago for me it was jewellery - lots of different jewellery shows - and I was hooked. Nowadays I turn on and think boring.

I also agree that they should send out money off or free p & p gestures for birthdays as well. It would make you feel a little 'part of the QVC family' they keep going on about. I mean who wants to be part of a family that doesn't even remember your birthday! (Although my sister in law never does - but that is another story altogether).

I mentioned this on their FB page and got this reply:

Happy Birthday! :D So sorry we're not able to offer anything by way of promo code etc. We will ensure that your comments are passed on to the relevant team so that your feedback is taken on board. We hope that you've had a lovely day :) Joe x

At least I got a reply!

Now I'm going to rant! How unprofessional is it to answer a question with a kiss at the end. Face book or not it is still a business not your mother.

Now I'm going to rant! How unprofessional is it to answer a question with a kiss at the end. Face book or not it is still a business not your mother.

I totally agree. I had this discussion with Very (who I don't buy from anymore). They were dealing with my complaint and put a 'kiss'. I suppose they still do it.

Latest posts

Back