Birthday event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
Are you enjoying the birthday event? For me, it seems same old, same old, with nothing to write home about. Plus, loads of DT to put up with, which is not exactly a bonus

Are you enjoying the birthday event? For me, it seems same old, same old, with nothing to write home about. Plus, loads of DT to put up with, which is not exactly a bonus

It's worse than last year's event - and last year's was rather bland. Dave Troth overload too.

Remember when they used to do Birthday deals? Instead, we get rip-off prices like this.

£299 final price for a 60mm diameter sphere.

Screen Shot 10-03-24 at 12.55 PM.JPG

And Pearl's.

Troth seems to be on flogging Pearl's just as often as his Jadeshite now
Pearl's what? But seriously. His is a very limited inventory. The highly impressive jade, queen conch, which I see he (I presume) is doing on the 4th, and, I suppose now Mr Barron doesn't bring his pearls anymore, someone has to take over. I don't watch Gems 24/7 but they do only seem to have two main gem 'guests' now, don't they? TC and DT. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Pearl's what? But seriously. His is a very limited inventory. The highly impressive jade, queen conch, which I see he (I presume) is doing on the 4th, and, I suppose now Mr Barron doesn't bring his pearls anymore, someone has to take over. I don't watch Gems 24/7 but they do only seem to have two main gem 'guests' now, don't they? TC and DT. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

When Charlie Barron was involved, we never saw Dave Troth discussing pearls - so they clearly didn't seem him as 'expert' enough to talk about them.

Now Charlie Barron has gone, Dave has suddenly become an expert on Pearls.

As for TC and DT - yeah, because Jake is now managing director. Not sure what qualifies him for that job other than he's married to Steve's daughter. That's probably explains why the channel is a s**tshow these days.

Just had a look at the Event Calendar for these two weeks. Not a truly external guest in sight, it seems. No Glenn even.

Now Charlie Barron has gone, Dave has suddenly become an expert on Pearls.
White baroque on at the moment. Edison pearls are wonderful, but they aren't as good as these...... Paraphrase. Sorry for this bee in my bonnet, but it must bug me more than I think, if I keep on about it over multiple threads ;)

They could give us a real Birthday treat, by taking Jade Troth off the air!
As I can only put one in the 'like' section of your comment, I will add here more. :LOL::LOL: As an extra, after reading the above regarding external guests, or the lack thereof. I reckon DT will go off sick after the birthday. TWO WEEKS of his waffle all day will really do his voice wonders (and 'our' ears). :p

Start of the weekend and what do we get (drumroll please) - “The Jade Trough Weekend Lectures”. I think that is either a very large clam shell in front of him or he could be wearing a high waisted skirt. His partner in crime (another drumroll please) …the Dimbo Bimbo.

Start of the weekend and what do we get (drumroll please) - “The Jade Trough Weekend Lectures”. I think that is either a very large clam shell in front of him or he could be wearing a high waisted skirt. His partner in crime (another drumroll please) …the Dimbo Bimbo.
I thought I saw something about clams in the description somewhere. Unless he's providing the seafood for the birthday too.

Just had a look at the Event Calendar for these two weeks. Not a truly external guest in sight, it seems. No Glenn even.

The guests all seem to have vanished. I suspect it's because Gemporia are no longer buying from the 'guests' (suppliers) - they're probably buying from China.

I don't miss Glenn Lehrer at all - that guy can out-talk Dave Troth. He's a legend in his own mind.

I miss Yianni though. He's entertainment gold - either for putting his foot in it, being caught on camera gazing into Adina's cleavage, or accidentally dropping an F-bomb on air.

Latest posts

Back