Birkenstock sizing question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a 41 in Birkis but I know that's size 8 on QVC, what get's me is normal UK shoes size 8 are too small for me and I have to wear 9's. Oh and not forgetting narrow and normal fit! it's a whole different ballgame re sizing when it comes to Birkis.

I am a size 7 but find birkies generous and buy 39 usually.the ones in tkmax were not Madrid,they were relax and the 39 were too small.sorry this probably doesn't help!!

When Birkenstocks were first shown on QVC they used to say go a size up, then about six months later they changed their mind.

Actually what shoe size you normally wear is a bit of a misnomer with Birkenstocks as the foot bed is imprinted. So it isn't about the length of your foot more about where your toes, arch and heel are.

I wear a 7 in everything - but wear a 6 in Birkenstocks.When from QVC,the 6 is a 39 and I'm sure they even have 5.5 written in them!

I have heard this and completely agree with it - I truly think birkenstocks make your feet "spread".

i went to town today and popped into the local shoe shop. the birkinstocks all had both the uk and the euro sizes on them and the 42 is an 8 and not a 9 as QVC sizing tells us

Yet Birkenstock themselves say an 8 is 41 so QVC are just saying the same as them.

http://www.birkenstock.co.uk/index.php?m=catalogue&a=sizing

then i cant explain it. they clearly had 42 and 8 on them and i tried them on and they did fit (i didnt like them tho, as i think they made my feet look like boats lol) .
i must admit to getting really annoyed and confused with the new sizes that some makes are using. an 8 was always a 42 and now i have anything from a 41 to a 43 in my wardrobe. according to geox sizes i should be a 9 or 10 uk but a 42/8 fits perfectly, same with rockports but naturalizer can be hit and miss

In the 8pm show they have just shown a pack shot of item no 151761 Birkenstock Java.
The pictured pack shot of the sole clearly shows a size 40 7.

Also too item no 152308 Birkenstock Sydney has just been on.
Ann is just showing that has 40 7 on the sole.

:thinking: This debate has got me going now, so I have just been down to the wardrobe. I have 5 pairs of birkenstocks. I am size 6 in all shoes/boots/sandles. All my birkies say size 39 AND 5.5, which I am definitely not. They all fit me perfectly. It makes no sense to me. I am a size 6, not 5.5 and I spent 2 years working in a shoe shop where we sold quite a lot of continental shoes. We were instructed that size 38 is 5, 39 is 6, 40 is 7 etc. I know this does not help anyone, but thought I would put my oar in.

I have wide feet and usually wear a size 8 in all my shoes. However with regular fit Birkinstocks I can comfortably fit into a 7, in fact I even have a pair in a 6! In the narrow fit Birkinstocks (which I think are the ones that QVC sell) I wear an 8! If you like Birkinstocks take a look at the Very website later in the year when they have a sale on...i picked up two pairs for £15 each at the end of last year!

I have 3 pairs of Betula in a 7 and they all fit great. I have 1 pair of Gizeh in a 7 and they don't fit so great. I ordered the OTO on monday in an 8, and have received a 7.5 (41)... grrr!!!

Latest posts

Back