Birchwood Outlet Store

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I once read ... in the days of Little House on the Prairie, a trip into town was a necessity, buying only essentials that you couldn't produce; taking time away from your chores, which you could ill afford. Nowadays, shopping is a leisure activity, a way to pass a few hours time, spending money you don't have. ... Snarly tired now, passing on such wisdom, must snoozzzz

Not sure how we got from Birchwood to Little House on the Prairie. But......I love those books and still read them occasionally. Hated the TV programme though.
Off to look for a slate and pencil..... and maybe make some cornbread.
:sun:

I thought shopping should be retail therapy... not training for the World Heavyweight Boxing Championship :muscle:

Reason for my Little House post-earlier posts stated woman and young child regularly shopped there, child being occupied with electronic gizmo. Regulars shop there every day or Saturday. Some have made a career out of shopping and some visit the mall/shops out of boredom. Sorry, can't (don't know how) to link using my mobile.

When I went to Warrinton in my naivety I thought they either had no dress sense or were hard up when I saw them with arm fulls of clothes ..I`ve never seen anything decent in the clothes in the couple of times I`ve been ..they must make money doing it to be worth doing that all day ..wonder have they ever met their match when they have been bullying their way around ?

If anyone started being rude to me I'd pluck their eyeballs out with a spoon.

Shouldn't be allowed to be honest. There should be a rule about only so many of the same items per customer.

If anyone started being rude to me I'd pluck their eyeballs out with a spoon.

Shouldn't be allowed to be honest. There should be a rule about only so many of the same items per customer.

Some items are limited to 3 or 5 items per customer per day, but you always get that crafty customer that waits untill the person that served them go's for lunch and then they by more! (Due to their GREED):cash:
Very sneaky don't you think?:thinking:

Some items are limited to 3 or 5 items per customer per day, but you always get that crafty customer that waits untill the person that served them go's for lunch and then they by more! (Due to their GREED):cash:
Very sneaky don't you think?:thinking:

You see an awful lot of goings on in the shop - you must spend an awful lot of time there!

You see an awful lot of goings on in the shop - you must spend an awful lot of time there!
I have seen the limited signs on items when i go in the shop. This is what i was told by other customers. People see it happen, then the words gets round.
To be truthfull i havn't seen it.:wonder:

I have seen the limited signs on items when i go in the shop. This is what i was told by other customers. People see it happen, then the words gets round.
To be truthfull i havn't seen it.:wonder:

These things can end up being a little bit like chinese whispers though, can't they.

I have never been to a QVC outlet. Not sure I would now having discovered the following via this forum:
1. They sell items customers have not only returned, but also used
2. They seem to operate like supermarket sweep, or the first day of the Next sale.
3. There are horrible greedy people hanging around items like vultures, being rude who I would probably get arrested for swearing at and causing an affray! I HATE people like that and would not be able to keep my mouth shut. That is if I would actually be seen dead standing by QVC clothing for sale....(or do these evil people lurk around the handbags and jewellry too...?)

Slightly off topic but there were lots of Lulu Guinness bags in the Manchester city centre TK Maxx today, for example the Jenny bag with the embroidered flower shop for £69.99 (over £250 on Q) and a canvas clutch with fish fastener was £39.99.

Slightly off topic but there were lots of Lulu Guinness bags in the Manchester city centre TK Maxx today, for example the Jenny bag with the embroidered flower shop for £69.99 (over £250 on Q) and a canvas clutch with fish fastener was £39.99.
I never seen anything like that in my local TK Maxx, Manchester city centre must count as being more up market!

Was lucky enough to be taken to the Outlet shop yesterday by my friend. What a horrible atmosphere that shop now has. The usual people hanging around the clothes, glaring at those who dared to look through the rails. It seems to be common knowledge among other customers there, that staff alert two of these women throughout the day as to when they will be putting clothes out! One stays all day to make sure she gets the lot to stock her Ebay shop!!! How does that work? Why do the management allow the place to be run by customers who clearly make it so unpleasant for others to shop there by causing trouble glaring and making nasty comments..................?

Not a pleasant shopping experience for anybody. It is supposed to be an outlet shop for all, not a warehouse for exclusive people!

i have just spotted this site by accident and had to join so i could comment on this thread, i agree with the post complety, i have noticed the nasty looks, the staff whispering to certain people when and what items are being brought out. The same 2 people seem to appear just as certain clothes are being put on the rails exactly where they are standing. When you ask when clothes are being brought out, the usual replies are "we can't say you will have to ask the management". yet i have witnessed these 2 people ask the same question and they are told "they will be out in 5 minutes", they have even asked for a certain item and it has been put to one side or brought out to them.
When they go for lunch nothing is brought out, but if it is, a text or phone call must have been made to them because they have left food to get back in the store again i have witnessed this. One of the 2 people is extremly rude and the language she uses is nothing short of discusting, and this is from a woman who has her son with her all day during school holidays.
i agree with the post about the trollies being removed but they now have their own shelf to store their items right next to the clothes next to the mirrors, once trollies were banned they used to store the baskets and bags all over the floor near the mirrors until staff made provisions for them to store the clothes on the shelf next to the mirrors, they then had the audacity to complain when someone looked through the bags, the poor customer didnt know that the shelf was reserved for these privaliged shoppers.
i certainly agree that they have preferential treatment as they are working with the staff or management. i have also witnessed staff even asking them for certain clothes from the shop so they can buy them from them, this means the staff are aware that these people get these items that other people cant get a look in.
I myself was one of 3 people left in the shop at 5.20pm and one of the 2 privalliged customers was paying at the till whenthe red curly haired manager came out and spotted her at the till the manager turned and said to a member of staff "don't put those dresses out now" i can only assume that it was because one of the chosen ones was at the till and wouldn't have been able to get the dresses and they would been got by myself and another customer (for once).
i find this very unfair as this customer spent half a day trying to get a dress for herself, where as the lady in question had about 20/30 dresses, which staff are aware of as they regularly go up and talk to them and must see the mountains of clothes on the shelves that have been cleared for them, which will be without doubt destined for ebay unlike myself who wanted one for my own use.
we have been informed people complain but it is referred back to Birchwood, for the staff in question to deal with, so a complaint to head office from other people on this site maybe a way to stop this.
I also agree with the comments about Shrewsbury and the blonde haired manager i find her very professional and friendly and she does seem to care about all her customers ...not just 2 of them.

Latest posts

Back