Bill Skinner Honey Combe Bee Pendant & 80cm Chain Necklace OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vianne could you tell me how you find the wear of the plated metal of this range? I quite like the pendant but have always been wary of buying anything plated as for that sort of price I want it to last well.

I know exactly what you mean - I've had some plated jewellery that didn't last long at all. Frustrating. Bill Skinner seems a far higher quality - I've worn my necklace loads of times and it's still as new. No fading at all - I gave it a clean only last week and it really is just as out of the box. I just love the detailing - the teeny tiny markings to simulate the fur, for example - details that nobody else would notice, but you can see them when you hold it up close. And tiny whiskers! Little pieces of artwork - he must spend an age carving it initially in pewter to get the cast correct.

Thanks for the reply Vianne, I think I may give the range a try as I like jewellery that's a bit quirky. My in-laws who are the height of conservative in all things seem to think I'll turn into that old lady from the poem ' when I am old I will wear purple', but I can live with that! You mentioned that you cleaned your Bill Skinner jewellery, do you have to be careful what you use because of the plating?
Pandora x

This might be the same style as he sells on his website but I`m wondering if it will be the same quality or is it the specially made for QVC quality ?
I`ve never seen nor owned any of his stuff but it would be interesting to see how they`d compare, especially because of the price difference.

It looks lovely and reminds me of my Granny who kept bee's at the end of her garden for at least 30 years and refused to move into a "retirement" bungalow until it was winter and her "girls" cold be safely moved to their new homes.
I have yet to find honey that is as good as the honey her bees produced every year, now most of the mass produced stuff just tastes sweet.
Good proper honey has amazing healing properties, she always said that a spoon full of honey was better than anything a Dr could prescribe , she lived to be 103 and only died after a nasty fall and being kept waiting on a trolley for 5 hours in A&E but that is another story.
So this might just fly in to my basket as a constant reminder of Granny who loved her "girls".

Ahh, madmax that is just lovely. I think she was on to something too - manuka honey was in the paper only this week with it's quite astonishing healing abilities. They even use it on wounds in some countries!

I use a damp cloth, Pandora, then buff with a dry soft one. I've ordered one of the Q pieces, so I shall report back on quality when it arrives - it was sent by Snail Mail yesterday.

I bought the gold tone pendant. I thought That I would wait to see the live presentation and got it just in time before it sold out. Thank you to Vianne again for the helpful info and advice about this range. I have a birthday in a few weeks so it will be put away till then. Anyone else buy it?

Yep have to confess. Ordered the rose gold & the silver as couldn't decide. Hoping it won't be a difficult choice when they arrive, as not sure I can justify keeping both:wonder:

I know it's not at all the same but I was just looking at this bee-themed jewellery on amazon earlier which is on offer (v cheap!) and may be worth a punt if you like the look.
Here are the honeycomb hexagon stud earrings in gold plate but there's also a pendant necklace, bracelet and others in the nectar range by Rubie Rae...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GY4FRX6/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

My item arrived & very happy (relieved?!) to report it's exactly the same as the pendant I bought direct from the Bill Skinner website. The rose gold is such a beautiful colour - it looks very expensive :) I prefer the rose gold (exclusive to QVC) to the gold tone!

Last edited:
I know it's not at all the same but I was just looking at this bee-themed jewellery on amazon earlier which is on offer (v cheap!) and may be worth a punt if you like the look.
Here are the honeycomb hexagon stud earrings in gold plate but there's also a pendant necklace, bracelet and others in the nectar range by Rubie Rae...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GY4FRX6/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I have a Ruby Rae pendant and earrings I bought from Amazon, butterfly themed and they`re really good quality.

My item arrived & very happy (relieved?!) to report it's exactly the same as the pendant I bought direct from the Bill Skinner website. The rose gold is such a beautiful colour - it looks very expensive :) I prefer the rose gold (exclusive to QVC) to the gold tone!

Gosh that was quick!

It wasn't the OTO :) I ordered I think the cat pendant last Thursday, maybe it was Wednesday. Still - pretty good for Snail Mail!

My item arrived & very happy (relieved?!) to report it's exactly the same as the pendant I bought direct from the Bill Skinner website. The rose gold is such a beautiful colour - it looks very expensive :) I prefer the rose gold (exclusive to QVC) to the gold tone![/QUI
I had an email yesterday to say it was dispatched so mine will probably be a few more days yet as RM seems to take an age recently. Glad you are pleased with it Vianne. My only concern is that when I watched the video back it looked quite large on the model and as I'm only 5ft tall it may be too much, time will tell.

Latest posts

Back