Bibi Bijoux

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
In my opinion this is very overpriced - it's not even silver.
Have it on in the background and if I hear the phrase "it's very Bibi' once more....!
The guest started the show by saying how exhausted she was as she'd just come back from a 3 day trade show. Poor thing :wink:

Jill's driving me nuts too so time to watch something else!!

:down:

Just had a look at this range for the first time - not sure why I've missed it before - but what staggering prices for costume jewellery! Even though there are some glowing testimonials (ooh er, missus!) it looks like it might make your arm go green..........

I bought my first Bibi piece at the last TSV in July and then got a bit carried away during the day and bought a total of two bracelets and two necklaces. Have to say that they are amazing quality and I always get complimented on them when I wear any of them.

They aren't cheap but they are well made and I will buying more. I would certainly recommend this range.

Totally over priced. I do like some of the designs ~ if they were in silver. I can't believe people pay those prices for cheap metal. Unbelievable!!

In my opinion this is very overpriced - it's not even silver.
Have it on in the background and if I hear the phrase "it's very Bibi' once more....!
The guest started the show by saying how exhausted she was as she'd just come back from a 3 day trade show. Poor thing :wink:

Jill's driving me nuts too so time to watch something else!!

Totally agree - looks quite grey and dirty!

I love them but would not pay the prices does anyone know of any cheaper ones or even something similar but in silver

I have 3 of these pieces, easy pay of course, and they are very weighty and good quality. Look
well, not cheap looking IMO. Bit like the pandora bracelet my son bought me for Christmas,
its not silver but it was very expensive. Its that sort of quality . :thinking:

Last edited:
I like some of the more simple designs but I do want precious metal. Especially for those prices. Annie Haak Designs are very similar and sterling silver. I'd say similar price to Bibi but a bit less Bibi and a bit less bling bling jingle jangle.

I like the style definitely.

I wear a silver ball bracelet or two nearly every day. Bought separately from QVC. One now has a silver heart charm that I've added. More TinkTink than Bibi but I love them. Stack them with others or just wear one or both.

Last edited:
This range reminds me of the Fossil jewellery which is stainless steel. Similar styles to the Bibi range and similar prices. I haven`t seen any of the Bibi close up but I have a Fossil bracelet which someone bought me and even though it`s stainless steel it looks the part and is well made and sturdy. I wouldn`t have bought it for myself because I prefer silver or gold but I`m rough on jewellery and the Fossil bracelet has stood the roughest of treatment. If the Bibi is similar quality then it should last and last and if like the Fossil, it doesn`t discolour then that`s an added bonus I suppose. My daughter in law loves this kind of stuff and doesn`t seem to care it isn`t real silver and has paid what I consider to be ridiculous prices for costume stuff. Swarovski is a prime example of paying through the nose for plated jewellery, she paid over £150 for the necklace for her wedding. Daylight robbery IMO but hey ho, to each their own.

I've got some Bibi...but I only ever buy at 'last clicks' prices, which were 50% off on the pieces I bought. Really nice but no pooping way I'd buy at full price!!

i have some bibi some as pressies and one piece from qvc and its really nice. tbh in silver the weight would make it really really expensive as none of the pieces are hollow they are uber heavy. also they dont tarnish like silver does. for the money if you like the look its worth every penny does not need cleaning as such and looks the part. i can see it lasting forever if well looked after. i have some tiny silver pieces that need a lot of upkeep as the chains are fine and need soldering and regular cleaning all this has to be done by a jeweller and costs money.

if you really love this look and would wear it a lot then go for it. on qvc they do have some in last clicks from time to time.

In Victoria Square Belfast on Sunday they have different stands in the open area. I spotted a lady selling her own jewellery which was a dead ringer for Bijoux style. All very well made and she would adjust to fit you if needed there and then. The bracelets started at £24 and went up to £36. I was in a rush and did not have time to go back, as I was very interested in her range.

with bibi the quality is very good and if you get many years of wear its worth it. i always try to buy a brand if i can with something i like as sometimes nothing can compare it. if i fall out of love with it you can sell it for a good price. its the same with lola rose its very expensive but i can spot it anywhere and it looks the part. but you can buy bits in last clicks and she has a very good sale twice a year and you can usually get a good price when you need to sell something you dont wear anymore.

The prices are still too high for me as I don't wear bracelets much at the moment. I'm going to make my own in my spare time . I have bags of broken jewellery and some pearls which will make a really nice bracelet. I've already made some earrings. I have a purse of foreign currency that I forgot to put in the collection holder at the airport.

The prices are still too high for me as I don't wear bracelets much at the moment. I'm going to make my own in my spare time . I have bags of broken jewellery and some pearls which will make a really nice bracelet. I've already made some earrings. I have a purse of foreign currency that I forgot to put in the collection holder at the airport.

i wish i was able to make my own bespoke stuff ...

i wish i was able to make my own bespoke stuff ...

I've always "altered" jewellery with a trusty old pair of tweezers but when I changed from full time to part time work I joined a local beginners jewellery making class. We were taught lots of the basic principles which can be developed into your own style.

QVC were selling very reasonable tool kits then with just enough of the right equipment to get started - not sure if they still stock them - but it's amazing how easy it can be if you have the right knowledge and tools. I suppose that is true of lots of things in life - but I'd love to master the art of knotting beads!

I get beads and findings from various websites to make new pieces but still "alter" things I buy. I find my friends appreciate hand made pieces too.

Latest posts

Back