Bibi Bijoux?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I guess I'm in the minority here but I really like a lot of the range (and I'm not a WAG either :) ) but the prices are unbelievable. There are comparable pieces on the High Street. Red Herring (I think you only find them in Debenhams) do things very similiar.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I really like a lot of the range (and I'm not a WAG either :) ) but the prices are unbelievable. There are comparable pieces on the High Street. Red Herring (I think you only find them in Debenhams) do things very similiar.

there is nothing wrong with liking chunky jewellery, mimi. what we object, i think, is selling scrap metal as high-end jewellery. the BBijoux range is the type one finds in the high street and not in the fashion houses. there is nothing wrong with that, as long as they reflect high street prices. what annoys me is that they try to misguide people with their overt message: "if you save and buy our pieces, then you can be part of the elite rich fashionistas". people with money who also follow fashion buy their costume jewls and accessories from reputable fashion houses. do they presume that people with less money are also clueless?

All marketing is based on selling a life style or creating a need so, yes, I think they do assume that people are clueless when in fact they are far from that state of mind. Most of us would much rather buy the same for less, I know I do. There is no way I would buy this range, I simply can't afford it and like I said there are comparable and 'edgier' things on the high street. Take a look around Camden market and you'll see nicer and cheaper jewellery fashioned on the same boho chic/gothic principle.

Of course if you have £95 free to buy a silver tone necklace then good luck to you. It sells, in fact it sells out, so there must be a market of well off or 'clueless' people out there.

QVC have access to a huge percentage of the UK market. no matter how small the minority who, for whatever reason, would part with their money to buy BB and other merchandise of the sort, still we are talking big numbers. so, it is all about numbers and not that QVC have found a niche.
i like the BBijoux type of jewellery, but not BBijoux. they are very popular in the Benelux countries and i have picked up some fab sets for around 30 euros. but that's where they are sold, in open markets for little money. no matter how beautiful and edgy, they are still scrap metal. :1:

I agree totally about the high price of this range, it does seem as if QVC is ripipng us off a bit with this one.

BUT... the whole point of a shopping channel is to sell goods at the highest point it can to the most people it can. I view QVC as a bit of a game, sell at volume at inflated prices.. game won. If they can get away with over-pricing they will, and they'll be happy to do it. As long as people come back for more, they've done a good job.

Customers need to be savvy and work out what's the good stuff and what's just a bit of a rip-off. They're not in the game to be nice, just to make money. Game on.

Quite correct, a numbers game it is. They probably have low stock in on high priced goods, so when they sell out it loooks as though its a popular item, and then the psychology game starts - its wanted even more. How many times do the presenters come out with, "the phones are very busy, try Qcut etc etc " - its all marketing hype.

A similar thing happened with Dinner at the Ritz jewellery - one programme only, highly priced stuff, which most people returned as rubbish, so viewers are getting the message.

Latest posts

Back