Bibby-speak

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BettyBoop

Registered Shopper
Won't someone please have a word with Dawn Bibby about her inappropriate use of the word "onto"? It makes me want to sharpen my pokey tool! For instance, last night she held up some glittery chipboard letters and said "Look at the sparkle onto them!" Argh. She does it all the time. "This one has got glitter onto it", "You can see the foil onto it", etc etc etc.

It really gets onto my nerves.

OK, I'm calm now.

Won't someone please have a word with Dawn Bibby about her inappropriate use of the word "onto"? It makes me want to sharpen my pokey tool! For instance, last night she held up some glittery chipboard letters and said "Look at the sparkle onto them!" Argh. She does it all the time. "This one has got glitter onto it", "You can see the foil onto it", etc etc etc.

OK, I'm calm now.

Pokey tool!!!
garfield-laughing-ani.gif

So will I now . :mad:
How about this example of 'Merry speak ' ,
There's loads to go at .
Does anyone else say this? Is is dialect ?

Pokey tool!!!
garfield-laughing-ani.gif

A pokey tool is a piece of crafting equipment PP. I can understand it sounds funny to those that don't craft.

I thought she looked as if she was probably on painkillers and frankly seemed out of it when I watched some of Craft Day yesterday, as I gather she has problems with her shoulder. I can't say she is a favourite of mine, but she didn't seem her normal self.

I thought she looked as if she was probably on painkillers and frankly seemed out of it when I watched some of Craft Day yesterday, as I gather she has problems with her shoulder. I can't say she is a favourite of mine, but she didn't seem her normal self.[/QUOTE]

The poor love was in a lot of pain - she had hurt her neck, and as one who suffers from bad necks, she had my sympathy, I think she did a splendid job, it must have been terrible for her, when all she probably wanted was to go and lie down.

Its not just Dawn Bibby with irritating quotations.

Julia R, Alison Y, Jill Frankenstein and others are guilty of suddenly over using the term "You are loving this " "I am loving that" Whats wrong with "I love that"

Its getting irritating to the point of wanting to throw something at the tv

I like dialect - Dawn's grammer is much better than many presenters on QVC!

It appears all presenters on shopping channels must say that is everything is "for you" - thought it was just Jill Franks but noticed they all say it!

Julia R, Alison Y, Jill Frankenstein and others are guilty of suddenly over using the term "You are loving this " "I am loving that" Whats wrong with "I love that"

The phrase that drives me nuts is when certain presenters show items of jewellery or a handbag and say we'll "fall in love with it." Sorry.......but who in their right mind falls 'in love' with an inanimate object? :33:

The phrase that drives me nuts is when certain presenters show items of jewellery or a handbag and say we'll "fall in love with it." Sorry.......but who in their right mind falls 'in love' with an inanimate object? :33:

blimey don't ask us crafters this - we have this thing about paper, mind you I wouldn't quite call it love:1:

:18: I get your point ;) but what I meant was that, in my case for example, I love certain items I own, but I'm not 'in love' with them. Maybe I'm missing out?:17:

JR makes me shout at the televisionn every time she says "Blauzoon" instead of blouson!
She also has a quaint pronunciation for "Godet"in other fashion items
Whilst appreciating that we can't all be fluent in French, a little research would not go amiss, methinks

JR makes me shout at the televisionn every time she says "Blauzoon" instead of blouson!
She also has a quaint pronunciation for "Godet"in other fashion items
Whilst appreciating that we can't all be fluent in French, a little research would not go amiss, methinks

Don't forget wiscut and turkwaaaz.

Ok I'll give her that I have heard some ancient posh person call it wiscut but these affectations don't work for her when she doesn't the posh pronunciation of some other words.

Haven't seen DB for ages but will always remember forks leather.
Oh I really should belt up, I must make enough mistakes daily to fill an A4 notebook :64:

Don't forget wiscut and turkwaaaz.

Ok I'll give her that I have heard some ancient posh person call it wiscut but these affectations don't work for her when she doesn't the posh pronunciation of some other words.

Haven't seen DB for ages but will always remember forks leather.
Oh I really should belt up, I must make enough mistakes daily to fill an A4 notebook :64:

My all out favourite howler of Dawn Bibby's is 'grand pricks' rather than Grand Prix!

OK, I'm calm now.
I'm so busy watching, I don't really notice [except for the 'HAITCH' pronounciation] but if my husband is in the room, he is always having a go at her GOTS and GETS like as in " you've got this", and " you get that" and he isn't even bl***y English!

Latest posts

Back