bethlehem tsv on monday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the lanterns look lovely, but just cannot get my head around flameless candles! I have watched the shows bemused at the whole concept, especially at the glowing birds!!!

Brissles or should that be Bristles? A yard to them can be front|back|side-yard, including the pool, driveway, patio, birdfeeders, decking, lawn/grass and 'gardens'. Garden to them mean a planted area as in FlowerGarden or VegetableGarden. They don't use the phrase BuildersYard as we do here. Our use of the word 'toilet' as a destination irks them as they consider 'toilet' vulgar; it's a bathroom/restroom/washroom. In my experience, anyway. Ain't words and customs funny/weird not funny/haha. ;-)

It still grates though !

Nope its definitely Brissles - my maiden name was Briscoe, and late husband decided to give me a shortened nickname and it stuck. For 'obvious' reasons the clever sods in the cricket club decided Bristols was better !

Think we've gone for the same DD.....Item Number 700423? Only difference is I went for the Bronze/Black. Will be interesting to see what we think of them.

yes, that's the one.

just a quick update. I ordered the white cathedral lantern.........and it is lovely. The flame effect is so realistic, it mesmerises me ( esp after a glass or 2 of wine) :drunk: The candle just comes on every evening at the time I set, no worries and is very atmospheric.

I have some other pieces from the Bethlehem and the flameless candles range and I like them all. I know some think they are naff but to me,they are very reassuring to use, esp after having a house fire a couple of years ago, they are so safe and in real life do look nice.

edit: I haven't got any 'glowing birds' though :grin:

Last edited:
I'm thrilled with my Cathedral Lantern too DD, so glad I got it. You're quite right in that it's very realistic......even OH commented on it which is a definite plus!

I bought the last Tsv, dont know if its the same one, it is a lantern, and its lovely its on my hearth
Ive put some flowers around the inside,and its looks very realistic, think ive had a few weeks now it comes on for four hours every night and the original battery is still going strong

Latest posts

Back