Bethlehem Lights TSV 20/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had already ordered the lantern, with the hope of putting a Luminara candle in it, when, too late, I saw the guest uptip the lantern to show the battery controls underneath !!

One should never assume, BUT I thought the included 'candle' was going to be removable. Obviously not. Sometimes the guests and presenters dwell far too long describing the attractiveness of a product and not enough time spent on the practicalities !!!! Oh well, lesson learned.

So cross with myself, I forgot Bethlehem Lights were on today and I really wanted this lantern, hope they bring it back!

Am I iin the minority, in not seeing the point of this range? To me, it seems more of a xmas oriented thing.

Mine comes on in the hall every night. I use it instead of a lamp in the hall. I like it because it is on a timer and I don't have to switch it on and off.

Mine comes on in the hall every night. I use it instead of a lamp in the hall. I like it because it is on a timer and I don't have to switch it on and off.

That's what I wanted one for - I have a cupboard on my landing that I keep all my candles in, but there is no plug socket to put a lamp, so this would have been perfect :(

That's what I wanted one for - I have a cupboard on my landing that I keep all my candles in, but there is no plug socket to put a lamp, so this would have been perfect :(
It's quite a dim light but it is sufficient. Before I had the callalillies but they weren't bright enough. They are now in the sitting room.

It's quite a dim light but it is sufficient. Before I had the callalillies but they weren't bright enough. They are now in the sitting room.

I was hoping that the calla lillies in the glass vase would be back in stock as I really like the look of them. I didn't see them yesterday - I wonder if they will come back in stock. I ended up ordering the roses in a pot. Hope I like them as I don't want to have to send them back.

My calla lilies are in a brown earthenware pot so they look as though they are growing. I liked the c Lilliies in the vase but they were always expensive. Hope you like the roses. I am always tempted by Bethlehem lights but must not buy anymore.

I was hoping that the calla lillies in the glass vase would be back in stock as I really like the look of them. I didn't see them yesterday - I wonder if they will come back in stock. I ended up ordering the roses in a pot. Hope I like them as I don't want to have to send them back.

I ordered the white roses in a pot over a year ago, but to be honest I've soon got fed up with them. I had them in the conservatory so became dusty and not so 'real' looking.

I've several BL, but my biggest problem is after renewing the batteries to REMEMBER when it gets to 6.00 pm and set the ****** timer !!!!! I suddenly remember at 8.30 or 10.00 pm then its too late - I don't want them on half the night. Am I the only one ????

Yes it takes me a couple of evenings to get the right time. I'll set an alarm on my phone. I use rechargeable batteries on all the BLACK and works fine.

cant wait to get the lantern. when this range first came I was not interested but it has grown on me. the fairy lights in the back garden are so lovely and seem quite reliable

I had already ordered the lantern, with the hope of putting a Luminara candle in it, when, too late, I saw the guest uptip the lantern to show the battery controls underneath !!

One should never assume, BUT I thought the included 'candle' was going to be removable. Obviously not. Sometimes the guests and presenters dwell far too long describing the attractiveness of a product and not enough time spent on the practicalities !!!! Oh well, lesson learned.

You can remove the candle brissles the Bethleham candle is held in place with three tiny screws that you can remove and replace with your Luminara candle.

Thanks Northengirlie ! Have just taken delivery of my lantern, and GREAT ! the candle IS removable - Just as well, as I'm not overly impressed with the 'flicker', compared with Luminara it looks 'cheap'. So have put my smallest Luminara candle in it, and now it really looks fab. Expensive to do, but a far more believable result, and worth it.

brissles I have done EXACTLY the same thing replaced the Bethlehem candle for the 5" Luminara candle.I have looked in the past for a suitable lantern but not found one until last weeks tsv.I am waiting for a 7" Luminara to arrive and I will see what that looks like in the lantern.Like you mentioned the overall effect looks 100% better than the candle it came with.

i got mine in the darkest colour and i love it. it looks farm more expensive than on the tv. i wish qvc fashion was as nice lol

I've received mine too, had the bronze effect/coloured one and I'm really happy with it. Looks great on the side of the fireplace.

Well my roses in a pot arrived yesterday and I really like them. Phew. I was going to put them in our bedroom which is where they spent yesterday, but then I realised that we would only see them occasionally and when we headed to bed, so today they are on a tour of the house to see where they would look best. They are at present at the top of the stairs on a table, and later on shall pay a visit to the living room and kitchen. I guess what is good about them is that you can easily move them around. They also throw out more light than I thought they would too.

I love my TSV and have been trying to access the item number this week to write a review, but no joy as it just says item no longer available and hasnt let me access the review bit. Anyway, had a look today and it is up and running with the bronze option still available - interestingly though, the P&P is now £4.95. It had to have been a mistake on tsv day I think!

Latest posts

Back