Bethlehem Lights Traditional Light Strand TSV 15/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Bethlehem lights are much bigger and brighter than the next ones. The BL ones use 3 D batteries.

Well I can only talk from my experience but i bought the bethlehem lights fairy lights last year and have put the next ones I got the other week on a tree next to them and the bethlehem lights ones are no brighter.

I wouldn't describe this set of BL as fairy lights. The bulbs are quite large facetted lights. They are bigger and brighter than my mains operated outdoor led lights. I have many strings of lights but wanted some on a timer. I think the next ones are good value and so are the BL ones.

I'm pretty sure they said the BL TSV lights were the brightest they had done. They do have a lovely bright light.

I think you need to bear in mind batteries used, when comparing lights......

I have lots of battery operated sets, bought mega cheap in Debenhams sale.....they look lovely but they devour batteries at a ridiculous rate!!

The BL have 3 big batteries and they said on air that they should last 6 hours a day, all through Christmas......

Time will tell!! :mysmilie_19:

My cheaper lights use 4 x AA batteries and I was changing the batteries every 3 or 4 DAYS last year!!

Cheap lights......but worked out expensive in batteries! :mysmilie_17:

Yes they said the BL should last up to 30 days on twinkle. Mine are on their 4th night. The temperature may shorten the battery life.

Just slightly off topic but had anyone got there Xmas lights up yet , im desperate to put ours up but nobody in the neighbourhood has yet :(

I had a Bethlehem wreath last year, and only had one set of batteries, form 1st Dec to 1st Jan, an they hadn't gone even then, but that's when I took it down, and no I haven't got my decorations up yet, usually the !at Dec for the outside ones then about the middle for the inside.

Just slightly off topic but had anyone got there Xmas lights up yet , im desperate to put ours up but nobody in the neighbourhood has yet :(
Yes some of my outdoor lights are up front and back. Been up a week now and certainly brightening up the neighbourhood. I was first and I see another lot are in preparation down the road.

Am still on wait list. Have a feeling I won't eg them. Was tempted to look at the smaller set instead.

Saturday before Xmas for lights and decorations at our house. I've seen a couple of houses with lights up since 5th november - I couldn't believe it

£10 as opposed to £25 I like my bl lights but they are expensive

I've got lots of bethlehem lights items and do love them but if there's cheaper that's just as good I'm going to buy it.
I havnt noticed my next ones using the batteries up rapidly. I think people might like to justify paying a lot more for things but sometimes I'm afraid qvc don't always represent the best value.
I've had mine on my tree in the back garden now for 4 weeks (because I'm mental) and the the AA batteries are still going strong.

john lewis have the net lights that look easier to drape over shrubs even distribution of lights. i have a tiny set from m&s for a fiver third xmas use them on door wreath.

I buy my small sets from poundshops and use rechargeable batteries but they don't have timers so I use them indoors.

one of the reviewers said that the lights stopped working after six months qvc said thats how long the guarantee is not promising imao

I won't be using them for 6 months - probably a couple of months. Not sure how long I expect them to work especially if they are outdoors.

Latest posts

Back