Best shampoo and conditioner?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who's got the best shampoo and conditioner for average use?

• Philip Kinglsey

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Ojon

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Elemis

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Aveda

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • L'Occitane

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Philosophy

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • A'Kin

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • salon brand

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Supermarket brand

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • other

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
shampoo is one of my obsessions, Like the Elemis one, it was almost magical at first but seems not be having the same effect now. Have got the L'occitane rose duo and like that and it looks so pretty in my lilac and white bathroom. The cold weather had been playing havoc with my hair and I am looking for something to sort out it's lack of shine and frizziness.

I voted for other as for me its MOP glisten shampoo and conditioner - shame qvc don't do 1 litre sizes during beauty month!!

A'kin for me - the Ylang Ylang Colour care shampoo and either the wheat protein or avocado conditioner. The best shampoo I've ever used on my hair - a 500ml bottle lasts eight months with virtual daily use.

:mysmilie_687: I plan to try the A'kin Mandarin shampoo when my stash of US bought Ojon runs out.

I've tried most of the brands of shampoo and conditioner QVC have sold over the years! This includes A'Kin, Aveda, Elemis, La Coupe, L'Occitane, Michael Di'Cesare, Molton Brown, Ojon, Philosophy and Real Hair. (Although, I haven't tried Philip Kingsley...yet!) My favourite shampoo of them all has to be Aveda Detoxifier therefore my vote went to Aveda.

I have tried Ojon, Aveda and Louise Galvin from QVC and didn't find any of them that good for my hair.

I have recently been using only shampoos and conditioners that don't contain sodium laurel sulphate or silicone and have been really impressed with the Tara Smith range from Tesco. My hair has never been in such good condition before - even my husband has noticed and commented !

I voted for Philip Kingsley. I have used Aveda, Ojon, MOP, Paul Mitchell, and others in the past.

With Philip Kingsley (the moisturising stuff for wavy hair) my hair has the same quality wave and bounce as when I was 19. It has been so good, I've almost stopped straightening it.

Ojon for me. I've used it for a few years now and nothing compares to it for me. I do occasionally dabble in other brands when I feel like a change (usually to kerastase) but I always return to ojon after a few washes. It keeps my scalp happy and my hair bouncy!

i voted ojon as the ultra hydrating shampoo is brilliant on my hair but the conditioner isnt quite as moisturising as my tigi headshot conditioner

I voted for other as I use the Aussie range. It performs for me - I won't let myself go down the road of trying out salon hair products as I (and MrM) think I spend enough on skincare. x

I voted for Ojon, but also like some of Tigi Bedhead stuff, in a dire emergency if I had to use a range from the supermarket it would be Elvive for Ageing Hair as this tends to thicken it up. Many moons ago I used to use Aveda but stopped when I used it one my horse's fetlocks once (don't ask) and it didn't clean the hair one iota :)

WOW! Vicki is that a pic of you? You have a wonderful head of thick
hair. I sadly have shoulder length fine colour treated hair that has
to be treated like its made of silk!! It breaks apart whilst just looking at it!
I am envious but my hair could be alot worse so I am thankful.
I love the Aveda hair care range but the Ojon is pretty good to.
I have found the only way I can colour my hair is to use Naturtint permanent
hair colour which is ammonia, resorcinol and paraben free. My hair gets damaged
by anything other hair colorants including salon stuff. Basically I have to treat my hair gently otherwise it doesnt matter what shampoo or conditioner I use as my hair will still be a damaged and knotty mess!

Aww Shushkin, you are very kind, thank you. My hair is over processed - its hi-lited on a regular basis to hide the grey :( hence I need a good conditioner, not partic thick, just lots of it :). When it's really bad I use Charles Worthington leave in conditioner after i've Ojoned :) although a little goes a long way, 250ml prob lasts me 18mths.

If I end up with hair like you Vikki, i'm off to get some Charles Worthington leave in conditioner.

After years of allowing nothing but Aveda to touch my hair I moved to Tresemme moisture this year and have lovely shiny (blonde) hair now for a lot less money.

I need to follow you around, blarf - that's the second good tip you've given me :mysmilie_697:

I've been an Aveda fan for years, I shall try Tresemme moisture next!

clemenzina

After years of allowing nothing but Aveda to touch my hair I moved to Tresemme moisture this year and have lovely shiny (blonde) hair now for a lot less money.

Tresemme products are wonderful and very under-rated, in my opinion. Over last summer funds were tight and I bought myself two travel sized (100ml) bottles of Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner from Boots for 99p each. I used them daily and they lasted me two months. Two months! And my hair was still in great nick, soft and shiny and clean.

philip kingsley elasticiser,remoisturising shampoo and conditioner and ojon used on my dry hair every other day ..
i like this shampoo more than ojon and i have very coarse dry hair!

Latest posts

Back