Best of British..????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

daydreamer

Registered Shopper
Mmmm...first two that came up ..Dyson..didn't he move his Swindon factory to China or somewhere in the far east ???

Clarks left these shores for ~cheaper~ climates too, I thought.

They might have been British years ago, but not any more, unless of course I have got my facts wrong about the whole ~British~ day. :thinking2:

daydreamer

Mmmm...first two that came up ..Dyson..didn't he move his Swindon factory to China or somewhere in the far east ???

They might have been British years ago, but not any more, unless of course I have got my facts wrong about the whole ~British~ day. :thinking2:

daydreamer
I have also been thinking about this and you would be hard pushed to find a truly British product anywhere these days and especially on QVC. Most of what they sell is foreign cheap tat especially the clothing and some of those kitchen gadgets.

I have also been thinking about this and you would be hard pushed to find a truly British product anywhere these days and especially on QVC. Most of what they sell is foreign cheap tat especially the clothing and some of those kitchen gadgets.

I think this true for most things, and most places these days.
I have ready many posts on the QVCUS forums about lack of US made products, on QVCUS.

I think it's really only Liz Earle who could be truly classed as a 'British' company, as her products (apart from some of the bags etc.) are the only ones actually made in the UK! :flower:

How are they going to get ice cream to us???

Oh, it'll be fine Rosey, it'll be carefully packed to preserve its coldness & freshness & shipped out to us using the speediest service available to make sure it arrives in absolutely pristine condition.......you know, like they do with the plants.....! :giggle:

daydreamer

Yep Clarks make in China as well as other places but also THE STOCK IS SOO OLD! i used to work for Clarks and the NEW TODAY ON QVC is SO OLD TO STORES. most have been flogged in the sale. clarks customers will know this. so much for qvc saying they get the latest designs they are old!

Liz earle is though

Oh, it'll be fine Rosey, it'll be carefully packed to preserve its coldness & freshness & shipped out to us using the speediest service available to make sure it arrives in absolutely pristine condition.......you know, like they do with the plants.....! :giggle:

So when it arrives 10 days later it is all running out of the box with a very pleasant odour :tongue2::tongue2:

What a ridiculous price :shock:

Think I will stick to Ben & Jerrys, Carte Dor and Hagen Das!!!

Oh, I should be fair, I suppose. :angel: The tub size of B&J or HD is 500ml and it sells for almost £4 where I live. The tub of Thornton's they are selling is 3.5 ltrs, so that 7x£4=£28, so at £19.17 with £6.99 p+p (£26.16) it's a real QVC bargain! :cash::tongue2: I'll have to jump the the phone!:call:

Yep Clarks make in China as well as other places but also THE STOCK IS SOO OLD! i used to work for Clarks and the NEW TODAY ON QVC is SO OLD TO STORES. most have been flogged in the sale. clarks customers will know this. so much for qvc saying they get the latest designs they are old!

Liz earle is though

A fair number of the Clarks items QVC showed this morning are currently on sale on the Clarks website and not all sale items, some prices are cheaper on Clarks and some are cheaper on QVC so it is swings and roundabouts really.

How much???????????????????:taphead:
What is in it??? 24ct gold flecks????? How big is it???????

3.5 litres Star, so a good size but still an absolutely mental price! Not really any outstandingly original flavours either but ought to be Beluga caviar flavour for that price! lol

Latest posts

Back