Best Nail Brand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wondered what nail polish brand most people preferred because they have a few on QVC. I bought Leight Denny a while ago and was not very impressed; it was a TSV with lots of little bottles and they were very thick and there were a lot of reviews complaining about the same problem also I found using his brand my nails got into terrible condition; lots of splitting etc which I have never had before. I tried a full sized bottle and it looked very worn and tatty after just one day. Got some Nails Inc the other day and very impressed at the moment, they seem to have a lovely finish without top coats etc and very hard wearing.

I just wondered what others thought of the QVC brands?

Only just started using Nails Inc. am also very impressed.

I think i must have tried all the treatments and all the makes over the years.I am now using Perfect Formula Gel Coat,have been for the last six months.My nails are now a nice length not peeling and feel strong,something no other brand has achieved.The other advantage is whatever varnish i put on top is still there a week later,no chips or peeling.I have found that now i can use more nail colours,that the Prostrong colours give a lovely finish especially the pale colours.Have tried the Perfect Formula clear and pink,and would say don't waste the extra money on the pink,it can change the colour of the varnish you put on top.

I used to swear by Nails Inc, then tried Leighton Denny and that took over. Now I've found the perfect formula (for me). Keep my nails short, Nails Inc caviare basecoat, Malvala polish and Seche Vite topcoat. It lasts a good week, no problem and yes I do housework, in fact I'm a bit of an obsessive. Malvala is £4 per bottle (from Harvey Nichols so no doubt cheaper elsewhere), albeit a small bottle but then you don't get bored with it and it doesn't have time to go thick.

I predominantly use OPI these days. I use Nail Envy and I find the OPI lacquers easy to paint and they last the longest on me, not that anything last long. I have loads of Nails Inc colours but I don't use them as often as OPI but the Nails Inc Caviar Top Coat is a must, best top coat in my opinion! Leighton Denny wise I don't rate his polishes at all, they just peel off but the crystal nail file is fab!

I did buy the Perfect Formula Try Me but the brushes are awful and it makes it so hard to paint, not worth the money.

I'm definitely an OPI fan - nail envy has saved my nails IMHO -polish lasts about a week on my fingers aand easily a month or so on my toes. Having said that I do like the colours in Nails Inc -just enjoying the latest TSV although the teal on my fingers is slightly chipped. Swear by NI caviar top coat though for a super quick manicure. LD -have tried one and lovely colour but slightly pricey although watching out for the new range next Sat on QVC. All on all I love nail colour and can't face bare nails

I use something from most of the brands for differing reasons.
Swear by Nails Inc Caviar Base Coat & topcoat whatever brand of colour goes inbetween. They do some lovely colours with good coverage but they don't last very long on me.
OPI Nail Envy stops my nails from breaking, which they do a lot, as long as I remember to use it properly! their colours last quite well but can be a bit boring.
Love Leighton Denny's colours, fabulous coverage & gloss & a great selection. Lasting power depends on the shade I find. But would not be without his crystal nail file or the Miracle Drops which are a wonder & stop me ruining a manicure within minutes of doing it as something always seems to happen to stop me just sitting letting it dry properly, the doorbell goes or a dog needs to go out. :sad:

Pro Strong, I don't rate the colours at all but the flouride stuff doesn't half bring up dingy looking nails a treat.

Another OPI fan here. I always have at least one coat of Nail Envy on my nails - it is the only thing that has stopped my nails from being soft.

I love OPI colours and they would always be my first choice but Nails Inc run a close second. They have a wider choice of colours but I don't like using their brushes as much as the pro wide OPI version.

Top coat will always be Nails Inc Caviar. It's quick drying and long lasting. I paint my nails every Sunday and they last a week. Toes last for ages but I change probably every 3 or 4 weeks.

Thank you Lionlady for the link to Supernail products - I've tried to get nail food/drink for a while now and the prices on this site are great as well! I've now ordered lots of products (including some Zoom therapy handcream and Qtica products) :sun:

I've tried OPI NE but wasn't impressed at all but I do like OPI nail lacquers. I've also tried Nails Inc products but the bottles/brush are too small and I didn't like the cuticle pen thingy where you had to click the top of the pen to get the oil!

Latest posts

Back