Best Eyeliner?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CLBA

Registered Shopper
Hiya all

I am after some new eyeliner. I have tried the bare minerals one ( from a TSV)- and found it fine, but quite fancy experimenting with some colours- maybe green-

opinions please- is there a particular brand you have found best ?

thank you!

C x

Hiya, for me it is Mally's Starlight eyeliners (the pencils that are usually light green), they are the only thing that has ever come anywhere close to being "bulletproof" they last, even quite well on the waterline. Beware though any of there other eyeliners (esp. the plastic twisty ones that are ususally chucked into her TSV's) are not so good at all!
Another top tip for the starlight pencil is to put them in the fridge before you sharpen them.

I also got a Bare minerals TSV a couple of time ago with a dark brown eyeliner it in - I like the smudgey end thingy but the eyeliner itself wasn't as good as Mally's IMO.

Happy hunting
A

If you're looking for colours, Stila smudge stick's are excellent, they do a fab range of colours that are well pigmented and glide on easily. As the name suggests you can smudge them out easily to become a bit more smokey, but personally I'm not a fan of blending out eyeliner, I prefer a defined line. They do a bright emerald green that looks ace with hazel eyes and I always gets compliments when I wear it.

New CID gel liners are pretty good too, they do a green/purple/blue collection but they're more muted shades.

Last edited:
I only use the Daniel Sandler ones, I got a trio purple, blue and green (I think) from qvc, I only use purple so ebayed the other 2 but now always buy the purple ones from other suppliers

I always use Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in varying colours..... I have tried others, but always go back to hers

A little Liz Earle Eyebright to dampen a fine artist's brush and any eyeshadow you have will give you an eyeliner. If you just dampen one small area of the eyeshadow then you don't ruin the whole thing. Don't get it too damp or it won't get you a really defined line. Practice on the back of your hand. I haven't owned anything other than a shadow liner for years and years. You can obviously use an eyeliner brush but an artist's brush is actually better. You'll struggle to get black maybe but a very dark grey, dark brown or dark olive makes a fab eyeliner.

Agree about shadow as liner. The very BEST for me has been the HD Brows shadow (they're for eyes not just brows). The very dark brown in the Foxy palette is superb, so dark and defined and lasts all day.
I see qvc have started to sell now.

brilliant- thanks so much for all the suggestions!-
I will go and have a look- and also have an experiment with using eye shadows :mysmilie_59: C x

Latest posts

Back