Best Eye Cream on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

beautyqueen

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have a favourite eye cream from QVC? I've used a few over the years and am about to run out of what I'm using so need to get a new one. I was going to go for The Gatineau Melatogenine Concentrate, has anyone used it? Or do you have another fave?

Hope this helps

Hi BeautyQueen, I find the one I keep coming back to is from Liz Earle. I find her Eyebright unbeatable for refreshing tired eyes and her tube of daily eye repair brilliant for brightening the under eye area (a bit like a light concealer) and plumping out the wrinkles. Both are great if you have sensitive skin. They don't break the bank either.

At the moment I am using a Philosophy one which doubles for eyes and lips - I Believe - (that's its name). This is good too but doesn't have the brightening effect under the eye.

I am giving the Philosophy one another vote.

Okay, the true. Nothing sold over the counter or on TV will get rid of dark circles and lines. You find one you like to use and stick with it, all goes well it will stop you getting really deep lines over time. But you also need to stay out of the sun and don't smoke.

I used the Philosophy one and it was rich but light, I loved the texture. Of course when it was finished I wandered off to other brands. Currently using NUDE with Elizabeth Arden eye serum.

Hi

I am another philosophy fan - but I use their Hope in a tube for eyes and lips - its a thick eye cream - but I find it better than liz earle for keeping the eye area hydrated.

I've used lots of the eye creams. I didn't find that the Gatineau made any difference for me although I know lots of people like it. I have used both the philosophy and liked them both, Liz earle was not hydrating enoug for me. The two that I repeat purchase are Alpha H eye complex, this is a gel that you can use right over the lid and I find it does seem to firm the area. The other is Sarah Chapman which does hydrate and seems to smooth for me.

I'm very impressed with Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream. I received a trial size pot in a kit recently and am loving the results so much I am intending to re-purchase. Not too expensive either at £25.00 a pot.

Another vote for Philosophy Hope in a Tube Eye and Lip Cream.

I'd recently run out of it and decided to try the Gatineau Melatogenine one, seeing as how it won a QVC Beauty Award. Apart from hating the pump on it because it's near impossible to squirt out less than blob that could do your whole face, my lines are worse in just 10 days of using it. It's quite a lightweight lotion whereas the Philosophy one is thicker and I guess stops the skin drying out.

The Gatineau one is going back and I'll try Philosophy's Eye Believe at some point. But for now I'm going back to Hope in a Tube because it clearly works at keeping that area hydrated without causing any puffiness. It lasts ages too because you only need a little and the tube is easy to control.

I'm no skincare expert, if I was I'd look better than I do lol but I think for those who have used hope in a tube eye and lip cream by philosphy then stopped to try something else I would say because its full of mineral oil your eyes will intially feel much drier for a few weeks following stopping using it because they've had this mineral oil layer around the area making it feel plump and moisturised.

If you like the effect then obviously there's no harm in continuing to use it but I would say if you stop give whatever you are trying instead longer if it doesn't contain mineral oil.

When I stopped using gayle hayman's lip lift my lips went terribly dry for a few weeks, its full of mineral oil too. Now with more natural based balms they are much better but I had to really persevere.

I don't really have a favourite eye cream but I do like the one by pai which is moisturising and no stinging.

I've used loads of different brands but my favourite one is by Clinique - All About Eyes, which I have been using for about a year now. I have much fewer lines round my eyes and the skin there is well hydrated and much firmer.

I've used loads of different brands but my favourite one is by Clinique - All About Eyes, which I have been using for about a year now. I have much fewer lines round my eyes and the skin there is well hydrated and much firmer.

Another vote for Clinique here...tried Gatineau Defi-Lift & Gale Hayman with no visible results and allergic to Liz Earle & Philosophy.

Does anyone have a favourite eye cream from QVC? I've used a few over the years and am about to run out of what I'm using so need to get a new one. I was going to go for The Gatineau Melatogenine Concentrate, has anyone used it? Or do you have another fave?

I swear by the Melatogenine futur plus concentrate. I've been using it now for 6 months and the fine lines have decreased without question. I'm not pretending they've gone cos nothing does that. It's a liquid formula and sinks in really well (I hate creams for my eyes). It's a pump dispenser but is easy to depress it only slightly to get a tiny amount out, so I find it lasts for ages. A single one on QVC costs £44.76 (plus P&P of £3.95) They also have a duo costing £48.84 (P&P £3.95 also). I was on the waitlist for the duo since early December and it arrived last Thursday, although it's still showing waitlist on the website for some reason.

I swear by the Melatogenine futur plus concentrate. I've been using it now for 6 months and the fine lines have decreased without question. I'm not pretending they've gone cos nothing does that. It's a liquid formula and sinks in really well (I hate creams for my eyes). It's a pump dispenser but is easy to depress it only slightly to get a tiny amount out, so I find it lasts for ages. A single one on QVC costs £44.76 (plus P&P of £3.95) They also have a duo costing £48.84 (P&P £3.95 also). I was on the waitlist for the duo since early December and it arrived last Thursday, although it's still showing waitlist on the website for some reason.

Thanks for all the tips. I've used both Liz and Philosophy Hope in a Tube before and I liked them but never LOVED them (If you know what I'm saying?) I think I might give the Melatogenine duo a shot as it looks good value.:happy:

I love the Judith Williams Phytomineral Eye Cream.

It is a little thicker than other eye creams but I find it keeps my eye area hydrated all day and my "laughter" lines are definitely softer.

Haven't tried the Philosophy eye cream, but do like the Sarah Chapman for day. For night I use a non-qvc brand, Chantecaille. :nod:

My favourite is LE Superskin Eye and Lip, I'm on my second bottle now. I have dry skin.

I've tried many brands over the years but there are three that I always go back to and alternate when one 'bottle' finishes - Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus Eye Concentrate or Sothys Active Contour Age Defying Eye Cream (used at night) and
Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF15 (daytime).

Very difficult finding an eye cream with a non chemical SPF but found Dermalogica.
I have in the past used Avon Anew Rejuvenate 24 Hour Eye Cream (SPF25) but due to the chemical sunscreen it made my eyes sting badly if they ever got watery, I sometimes applied this over the top of the other eye creams to get the sun protection.

In all honesty the best eye cream is the one that suits you and fits your criteria, eg is it for puffiness, dark circles, dehydration etc etc. No cream can eliminate lines but a good cream or gel can hydrate and plump out the lines so they are not so noticeable and even better if it contains a sunscreen to prevent future skin damage.

:flower:

My sensitive eyes get very dehyrdated at this time of year. I've found that Green People's night eye cream is very good at rehydrating the area - and it works well under make-up too. I can be prone to puffiness if I use something too thick/rich, but this light and hydrating. Costs approx £8 a tube. I also like Korres eye creams - tubes are huge and last for ages - and the LE ones.

I didn't get on with Philosophy HIAT when I tried it years ago. Made my eyes sting and water. Also wasn't impressed with the fact that mineral oil was so high up the ingredients list.

Latest posts

Back