Benefit Christmas Gifts TSV 14/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sun Beam, it's like painting liquid orange across my face, terrible stuff.

I already own the blush, a mini of the maacara and the eyebrow gel.

Not sure what shade the lipstick is or really rhat interested in a liquid highlighter (prefer dandilion twinkle to high beam).

I'm out on this one I think. However, if I didn't have the blush I would have got it.

Why is it Benefit TSVs always look crap to me.
I agree, they're always disappointing, and I'm saying that as someone who does like a few products from the brand.

Too many gimmicky products, though. That lip colour/liner thing has terrible reviews.

Benefit 5 Piece Glam & Glow Make-Up Collection & Bag
Item Number: 233687
QVC Price £67.00
Todays Special Value Price £44.97
P&P £3.95

or 3 Easy Pays of £14.99

This gorgeous five-piece Glam & Glow Collection from Benefit features the bestselling Roller Lash mascara and Gimme Brow tinted eyebrow gel, plus the glamorous Sun Beam highlighter, Coralista blush and Double the Lip lipstick and liner. Presented in a fabulous lip-printed make-up bag, it's never been easier to create a host of on-trend make-up looks that are full of attitude.

Full size bestsellers - we don't do things by halves here! Stock up on Benefit's most popular products at an unbelievable price. Create a flutter-worthy lash look with the Roller Lash mascara and a full, fabulous brow look with the Gimme Brow tinted eyebrow gel.

No sun? No problem - create a glowing, beach babe finish, whatever the weather, with the Sun Beam highlighter, a golden-tinted creamy formula that gives you a natural, sunkissed radiance.

Contains:

1 x Roller Lash mascara (8.5g) - in Black; grabs, separates, lifts and curls, with a curve-setting formula that holds for up to 12 hours. Contains provitamin B5 and serin
1 x Sun Beam highlighter (10ml) - a golden bronze liquid formulation for highlighting the high points of your face
1 x Coralista blush (8g) - a warm, coral-pink shade that cheers up every skin tone in seconds
1 x Double the Lip lipstick and liner (1.5g) - in Flame Game (hot orange); a lip liner and lipstick in one that features a teardrop-shaped tip which grabs and defines your lip line and fills in your lips with complementing colour for the appearance of volume and dimension
1 x Gimme Brow tinted eyebrow gel (3g) - in a choice of Light, Medium or Deep; contains tiny microfibres that adhere to your skin and hair, creating natural-looking fullness and definition
1 x make-up bag

How to apply:
Roller Lash mascara:

Gently wiggle the wand from the base of your lashes to the tip
Repeat across your lash line, making sure to catch every lash

Sun Beam highlighter:

Dot on your cheekbones and blend towards the hairline
Dab under each brow and gently blend

Coralista blush:

Swirl the brush in the box and blow off any excess
Smile and brush lightly across the apples of your cheeks, starting from the hairline and working in
Lightly dust over the high points of your face for that touch of sunshine

Double the Lip lipstick and liner:

Position the pointed tip along your upper lip line and glide on
Pivot to fill in your lower lip
Gently press your lips together to softly blend

Gimme Brow tinted eyebrow gel:

Using short pressing motions, stroke the precision tip along your brows to define the shape
Comb through with the tiny tapered brush to blend and build

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.233687

Benefit used to be a really lovely brand for all ages. I loved some of the eyeshadows and they did really nice body products and skin care this was back in the early to mid 00s. Then the twins who created the brand stepped back and let their daughters take over. Suddenly loads of things discontinued and the brand started pushing towards the early 20s customer only. I still think that is the age range they still push towards, so the customers on QVC to be totally honest are not really their demographic. But QVC of course really want to seem trendy and want the brand on.

Now I do use Roller Lash(brown), along with the other 5 or 6 mascaras I own. Its a nice mascara, but its years since I even thought of any of their other products I remember a few beauty bloggers saying how little product you actually get for your money compared to other brands in the same selling bracket. But then customers love the cardboard boxes and never look at the weight. I know their counters are very hard sell, and was told they are trained that way by the company.

Benefit used to be a really lovely brand for all ages. I loved some of the eyeshadows and they did really nice body products and skin care this was back in the early to mid 00s. Then the twins who created the brand stepped back and let their daughters take over. Suddenly loads of things discontinued and the brand started pushing towards the early 20s customer only. I still think that is the age range they still push towards, so the customers on QVC to be totally honest are not really their demographic. But QVC of course really want to seem trendy and want the brand on.

Now I do use Roller Lash(brown), along with the other 5 or 6 mascaras I own. Its a nice mascara, but its years since I even thought of any of their other products I remember a few beauty bloggers saying how little product you actually get for your money compared to other brands in the same selling bracket. But then customers love the cardboard boxes and never look at the weight. I know their counters are very hard sell, and was told they are trained that way by the company.

Re blush size, Benefit Sugarbomb and Coralista are 12g, compared to bobbi Brown blushes 3.7g, Clinique Blushing blush, 6g, so Benefit ones aren't so small.

Easy pass for me. Don’t like liquid hi lighters much. Used to use Coralista all the time but have so many hour glass & tarte blushers which I prefer as well as the Benefit Xmas 2016 blusher set I’m still using. Have a stock pile of the gimme brow. Prefer Eyeko mascaras. I only really like Benefit for their brow products.

One of their blush is one half the width of a 5p. It was dismantled and photograph by a beauty blogger.

But does the 12g include the brush they include in the boxes?

It says the coralista blush is 8g on the website, not 12g. Maybe that is including the brush or packaging.

Blush sizes never seem to bother me. I guess it should & I should pay more attention to how much product I’m getting for my money. It’s just I have several & they just never seem to go down as I tend to wear different ones each day. I’ve had some of my blushes & eyeshadows for years & never seem to come to the bottom of the pans.

I love the rollerlash mascara, not too keen on the they're real one. I don't think they last very long though compared to say Lancome Hypnose. I used to like the Hi Beam highlighter but prefer my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick now. I find the liquid ones are quite hard to blend!

One of their blush is one half the width of a 5p. It was dismantled and photograph by a beauty blogger.

But does the 12g include the brush they include in the boxes?

I'd hope not. Shops can't include the weight of packaging in the price per gram, and would expect the same of non food stuffs. Clinique blusher includes a brush too.

I recently bought the Dandelion to use as an all over face blush & the Gimme Brow.I like both but don't know how long they will last & agree they do seem expensive for the amount you get.I always went or the 'Real' mascara & then the Roller Ball usually when I was passing though the airport as you got a mini version with the full size.Now I am converted to Shisheido Full Lash Volume which I bought locally it has lasted well with no clumpiness & gives great coverage.

For me They're Real makes me look like a panda within an hour of applying it. As someone with extremely dry eyes and oily eye lids its a recipe for disaster. I have all of their neutrals boxes but rarely wear makeup so they will last ages. I have a ton of Laura Geller blushers, and highlighters. I would try Roller Lash, but have thick, long, black lashes so I just get them dyed so they are visible to the tips.

Latest posts

Back