"Being a care assistant, I do think QVC care for their customers..."

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
eh?

thats a bit tenuous isnt it? does being a "care assistant" - noble occupation that it is - qualify someone to pass comment on QVC's level of customer care? well according to their new advert it does.

this is another one of those "real people" ads like the woman who used to go to the supermarket with her doddery old hubby, and then walk on the beach with him afterwards. she looked like a barmaid, and he looked like he was on his last legs. theyve probably stopped showing that one cos he's dead - she wore the poor old sod out, or worried him to death with all her ordering crap and sending it back to QVC.

back to the care assistant, her house looks a bit ritzy too doesnt it? and she has bottles of elemis arriving every five minutes too. i didnt realise care work was so lucrative. maybe i should look into it.

speaking of "real people" ads, i strayed upon JML the other day and they were flogging a hideous looking glass oven that looked like a dalek's head. and blow me down if one of the "real people" expounding its virtues wasnt ****** Boolah! yes, ****** QVC model BOOLAH! trying to act and say how good this thing was. totally unconvincing of course, she couldnt act her way out of a paper bag. lets face it she doesnt even look convincing when she just has to put handcream on and say nowt.

since then ive been skipping up the channels a bit more and every one i stop on seems to be flogging the dalek's head. theres even one informercial with that girl who used to sell vacuum cleaners on QVC. she used to be really dowdy, now she's gone blonde and is doing straight-to-camera flogging on her own, bold as brass!

worlds gone mad.

Lol As pithy and scathing as usual Burlz. :SUE: :pPC:

Yep, pithy and scathing and true too. That ad really really gets on my nip ends. It's about as real as a Richard and Judy phone in. Of course, there may well be many care assistants who have houses like that, but most of them are paid such a pittance for the hard work they do that they probably don't. Perhaps she's a care assistant at Buckingham Palace or something? Perhaps after a hard morning peeling the Queen's corns with the Ped-Pro and giving her a Leighton Denny Pedicure in the colour that he designed with Ja-aade Jagg-ah, they sit down together with a Laughing Cow Cheese Sandwich and a milky tea to watch QVC and gen up on all the bargains...

I saw the JML ad with Boooooolah too, going on about how it takes pressure off her cooking meals etc, she's probably never seen a saucepan in her life ;) .

Yes well, I too spend 'quality time' with my children watching QVC.......oh no, hang on, I don't.......my children spend their 'quality time' with their parents going out for a coffee. or a trundle round the shops, or spending time with the horses, or going out to take photos of wildlife, or, or, or......! :rolleyes:

On the irritation & idiotic scale, that particular ad has got to be right up there with the infamous 'Josh, dad's found yure scoot-ah!' :26:

I saw the JML ad with Boooooolah too, going on about how it takes pressure off her cooking meals etc, she's probably never seen a saucepan in her life ;) .

she's seen a surgeons scalpel though. Boolah lay down to have some elemis applied the other day and the scar under her chin was so deep there was cream getting caught in it. new elemis woman had to put a pair of furry gloves on to clean it out properly.

and she had a bogey up her nose too.:26:

she's seen a surgeons scalpel though. Boolah lay down to have some elemis applied the other day and the scar under her chin was so deep there was cream getting caught in it. new elemis woman had to put a pair of furry gloves on to clean it out properly.

Pmsl :SUE: Remind me never to get on the wrong side of you hon. :D :pPC:

Lovin your work today Burls, you are on form, keep it up! :13:

Yep, I saw that too. :11:. Booolah's best bit by far though was when she was modelling a coat on This Morning, she didn't have anything on underneath it, daft wench and accidentally flashed her knick-knacks at Sir Pip of Schofield-shire. Well, at least I think it was an accident. ;)

oh yes burly, it was a spectacular bogey, it deserved a show of its own with dale doing a reveal

i saw the scar, tho tbh i am not sure what 'procedure' would have caused it, not a lift for sure, but possibly a chin implant :33: tho if it was a lift it was a cheap one

i was more alarmed by the crows feet under her eyes, they spread from the tear trough to her ears.

sour faced puss she is anyway, so if she has been tweaked i can only think of the old saying you cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

the botox fairy has definatly paid a visit ot two tho

Well I've often thought QVC can kiss my butt...now maybe they'll offer to wipe it too!

Loving your work big Beary one!

Jude x

Got to be careful with this one Burlz - my daughter split her chin open after a fall down some marble stairs when she was five and needed stitches. She has a large scar under her chin and there's definitely been no scalpel near her. Can't remember whether she had a bogey at the time though!

Got to be careful with this one Burlz - my daughter split her chin open after a fall down some marble stairs when she was five and needed stitches. She has a large scar under her chin and there's definitely been no scalpel near her. Can't remember whether she had a bogey at the time though!

well of course i COULD be wrong, but all i know is that 3 or 4 of the more mature models on QVC have got a horizontal scar in exactly the same place.... maybe they all fell on the same stairs :54::33:

You are obviously a northerner BurlZ - you have the wit !

The models are'nt the only ones with a scar, the guy advertising Gatineau has a real knife scar down his left cheek - pretty nasty that one !

Did you know that JML is the parent company for Rocks & Co. ? says it all really, and there was me thinking it was a jewellery company with a difference, huh !!!!

What about that daft QVC ad, where the woman is on a busy working farm where they keep loads of animals..."and of course we have the sheepdog" - almost seeming like he's that the dog is the significant one in the advert and it buys the products...odd! It's always puzzled me that one!

What about that daft QVC ad, where the woman is on a busy working farm where they keep loads of animals..."and of course we have the sheepdog" - almost seeming like he's that the dog is the significant one in the advert and it buys the products...odd! It's always puzzled me that one!

And me Rentochops!
Not only that but she's far too busy to go to any real shops & buy stuff but she has time to keep popping out for ice-cream? Eh? :34:

New angle for flogging the tweezers with LED light though. Bogey removers...

Latest posts

Back