Begonia plugs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scampdog

Registered Shopper
OH has just been planting up all his precious "babies" and asked me to check the begonias we ordered in February a set of 20 aromantics plus 12 sensation corms ! item number 558086, anyway he had forgotton how many there should be, when I checked , he realised only half of them have actually grown .....just phoned QVC who took my phone number asked if I wanted another set (how on earth do they expect these to grow now ??) and said they would try for a refund...
Anyone else had any problems ?, have to say this is the first time we have had any problems at all !

did the sensation corms from qvc last year i would say 75% came up i dont ever remember buying corms that all of them have grown..
they take about 2-3 weeks to show any life and you must water them only once as they will rot if kept too warm and wet.
anather tip is to use a gritty compost like a john innis no.1.
everyone loved my begonias last year and i will always look out for them as they are really beautifull and did well even though it was a damp dreary summer. i did not think that they all smelled though but some colurs did and it was a nice touch.if they can despatch them fast they are well worth a try as i got some free with a t&m order 2 weeks ago and out of the 8 5 are sprouting.
good luck they are really nice when they get going.

I ordered them from qvc a couple of years ago and they were rubbish - only got about 50% to grow. Have bought them from Gardening Direct as small plug plants for the last 2 years and have had more success. I love them when they are in baskets and tubs - they have the most beautiful flowers.

i have to agree with you regarding the plugs being easier to grow on.
i have bought the apricot shades as plugs and the germination rate is a lot higher with plugs..corms do have a tendancy to rot. always have but i find they are a lot faster to grow on and flower.
did not know the scented trailing were available as plugs though.

i have to agree with you regarding the plugs being easier to grow on.
i have bought the apricot shades as plugs and the germination rate is a lot higher with plugs..corms do have a tendancy to rot. always have but i find they are a lot faster to grow on and flower.
did not know the scented trailing were available as plugs though.

I have no idea if they are scented or not - I have very little sense of smell. Just know they are trailing begonias. Never buy plants for their scent for this reason.

Latest posts

Back