Begging for £1 games and comps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Roxy

Registered Shopper
Begging for £1 games and comps

Logged in this afternoon, and a few peps in chat were constantly begging, they were warned by steve to quit it -
he finaly had enough, and came up with a game a Rocks gift bag for £1 lol, [serve them right] well funny!:40:

I saw someone asking for under £5 games!!!!!! What planet are these people from???

It must be very galling for the people at Rocks to be doing the auctions at such great prices already, without people asking for the shirt off their backs.

:doggie:

Yep I've been watching this afternoon as well (well it's Steve, isn't it? :smile) - well done to him for auctioning the gift bag - which actually costs £1 on site! :lol

It was rude and I was pleased when Steve didn't give in to them and sold them something which costs £1 anyway.

I was watching for a while this afternoon but didn't see this! Well done Steve..like your style!! :35:

It makes me cringe ...one of the reasons i stay outta chat alot these days or i might say something.. we get good prices as it is

It gets on my blinkin nerves all that beggin for £1 games, for goodness sakes this is under valuing all the fantastic prices we get everyday! grrrrr! ( rant over, back to my calm quiet self) xx:44:

I must admit, I struggle some days not to pass comment. One of these days I probably will, but I worry that if I do, I will be making myself as rude as the 'beggars'. It really does get my goat though!

Do wish I had seen that this afternoon though! Steve, Fantastic! Well done you! :18:

Last edited:
Now I get the gift bag auction. I was logged on this afternoon but missed this. Well done Steve xx

Hi all just read this thread.. Sorry to say but i feel that if ppl dont want to see ppl begging for free things then maybe an email to steve asking for them to stop the freebies. It doesnt bother me seeing it happen and if you feel so strongly it should be mentioned on rocks chat too . Sorry if this upsets anyone but just my feelings. Mags

P>S please dont shout me down :eek:(

quite agree

I find it ignorant and rude !

:21:I quite agree Julie...
there is no need for begging...we get fantastic low prices as it is!!!!:11:

Well done Steve!! I thought the £1 gift bag game told them where to go :35:

Mirabelle xxx

Hi all just read this thread.. Sorry to say but i feel that if ppl dont want to see ppl begging for free things then maybe an email to steve asking for them to stop the freebies. It doesnt bother me seeing it happen and if you feel so strongly it should be mentioned on rocks chat too . Sorry if this upsets anyone but just my feelings. Mags

P>S please dont shout me down :eek:(

Don't worry, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion Mags, that's what the forum's about.

Unfortunately, mentioning it in chat is likely to cause those who are doing the begging and whining to get nasty, (as has happened in the past) and if this happens, the chatbox facility may be removed, which would be a shame both for the chatters and for Rocks.

:doggie:

Hi Mad4gems thank you for understanding

( Unfortunately, mentioning it in chat is likely to cause those who are doing the begging and whining to get nasty, (as has happened in the past) and if this happens, the chatbox facility may be removed, which would be a shame both for the chatters and for Rocks.)

I understand what your saying i read about the nastyness before and have to say wouldnt like to be in the riot lol.

I was watching that this afternoon...it really makes me cringe!!! I tend not to chat so much these days cos there are a group of peeps who just go on and on and on demand after demand and it really gets on my nerves. If i was to chat I might say what i really think !!! watched the £1 gift bag auction it was classic great work Steve love it.

Missed the £1 auction but it sounded like a hoot and good on ya, Steve. I honestly think we get so much from Rocks- beautiful gems, the best customer services I've ever encountered and great, low prices. Asking for more is an insult to the firm.

I've been watching but keeping off chat of late as I know I can't keep it buttoned and I'd probably get a shedload of abuse or banned. It's such a pity and I sincerely hope that Rocks don't cut chat or stop the comps.

Just goes to show good things come to those who wait - just won a comp at midnight, after posting my original thread earlier today about begging for £1 games and comps.
How lucky am i, and have never begged for a comp.:40:

Latest posts

Back