Beauty Makeovers TSV 25/3/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm soooooooo off qvc now, apart from the odd craft kit, for skincare I'm loving clarins, and have just discovered Mac make-up which is gorgeous!

Its an absolute disgrace if you ask me:FUME:

I love America ,:42:, and France, but why are the vast percentage of beauty TSVs NOT from the UK? ( Liz Earle excepted)

Theres a credit crunch on, people are losing their jobs, and some poor unfortunates, even their homes!

We as consumers, need to buck up our ideas and become more patriotic and support our home countrys economy.

Bring on TSVs for Liz, Sarah Chapman (I can, but live in hope), Nails Inc et al British! Instead of this second rate American underwhelming tosh..

ARE YOU LISTENING QVCUK :?: :?: :?:

Rant over :54::54::54:

Its an absolute disgrace if you ask me:FUME:

I love America ,:42:, and France, but why are the vast percentage of beauty TSVs NOT from the UK? ( Liz Earle excepted)

Theres a credit crunch on, people are losing their jobs, and some poor unfortunates, even their homes!

We as consumers, need to buck up our ideas and become more patriotic and support our home countrys economy.

Bring on TSVs for Liz, Sarah Chapman (I can, but live in hope), Nails Inc et al British! Instead of this second rate American underwhelming tosh..

ARE YOU LISTENING QVCUK :?: :?: :?:

Rant over :54::54::54:

At least we have the Elemis one coming up to fly the flag for us :1:

I only saw the 7am repeat show .. the close ups of the older model Beulah (??) applying the Fran Wilson lipstick/gloss, showed some white stuff near her mouth and on her cheeks. Looked like a peel off mask. Was it the Genie from the previous hour??

I only saw the 7am repeat show .. the close ups of the older model Beulah (??) applying the Fran Wilson lipstick/gloss, showed some white stuff near her mouth and on her cheeks. Looked like a peel off mask. Was it the Genie from the previous hour??

i spotted that and thought she was moulting :20:

I had that with genie... it was like i had had some bad facial peel or something and forgotten to wash it off. I didn't like the way my skin flaked during the day. Smashbox primer is so much better.

I thought both TSVs were duller than ditchwater! OK, maybe the lip one wasn't so bad but by the time I'd read through all the various types of lip whatsit in it, I'd got confused & completely lost interest anyway!

The Genie stuff had appalling reviews for the smaller size & just didn't appeal anyway! Pretty disappointing all round I thought!
The nail colours in the same hour were nice though, shame they weren't the TSV!

I thought that Beulah looked better on the before shot than the after shot where the genie was concerned,I also noticed that none of the models dared smile after it was applied either!!!

Maybe it only works if you go around looking like sourpuss Alison Young all day!

They're not <s>desperately</s> enthusiastically flogging off the smaller original size of the Genie! Watched the presentation on one of the shows & although she's not one for grinning away like some of the models, Beulah appeared to be under strict instructions not to smile! Not to make any facial movements at all in fact it seemed.......makes you wonder having read some of the more negative reviews for this product about it looking OK until you smile!

I thought that Beulah looked better on the before shot than the after shot where the genie was concerned,I also noticed that none of the models dared smile after it was applied either!!!

Maybe it only works if you go around looking like sourpuss Alison Young all day!

I could barely spot any difference in any of the before and after shots. Lines were still there, maybe very slightly less obvious, but still there.

I could barely spot any difference in any of the before and after shots. Lines were still there, maybe very slightly less obvious, but still there.

I think the same when they do fashion makeovers too. The after looks the same as the before or sometimes worse!

Latest posts

Back