Beauty Day-Bare Minerals TSV 14/7/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very many thanks to Still18inmyhead, Tinkerbelle and apple. All advice and suggestions very gratefully received. I can definitely see pinkier patches and more sallow/yellow areas in my bare skin so I think I will go for the medium, as you say Tinkerbelle. I know exactly what you mean about the "glow" in these products highlighting rather than covering. I am slightly tempted to go for the medium and the next lightest - I could then mix them when I apply them! I can't justify the outlay though!

Have a good weekend, all.

Well Ive been wearing makeup for 35 years so if its gonna kill me its too late to do much about it now! Might as well go looking pretty!

Me too!!!-- but 50 years in my case! does a day ever pass when something is reported to be doing us serious harm?

I was hoping to find the pressed version of the foundation while I am in the States but not available yet,however they do have a new creamy concealer which I may buy.
Lynn

It certainly does help. Very many thanks.

I haven't heard of Lily Lolo to be honest - department stores?? Someone recommended Bellapierre so I was going to give that a go but I am still tempted by the TSV this weekend. The product I quite fancy is the Prime Time because I have found mineral powder foundations settle on certain areas of my skin (oilier areas "grab" the powder) so it gives a patchy finish, and I found another primer (BeneFit) helped even out the surface of my skin first so this happened less. These are big products to try, though, as you say. Hmmm, I hate decisions!

Thanks again.

Got mine from feelunique.com with free P&P

Mine was delivered this morning - ordered Thursday so quite prompt for a change!

Re shade: I am a ghostly colour in the winter, and slightly less ill looking in the summer.No high street foundations go light enough for me. I use Fair in winter and Fairly Light at the moment. But the first one I tried from QVC was Light (when they did even less shades than now) and TBH they are quite forgiving.

I thought the p and p was showing as £2.95 earlier in the week when I was looking at this using SCW's link It's now £3.95. Did I imagine this?

Am i the only person to use this and think ive got no coverage at all. I"m an older person, ( much
like Baarbara in the presentations, in fact my name is Barbara too, funny, but believe it or not
ive still got oily skin. Yes even at my age,, and i dont think it gives me coverage. I work long
hours in a hospital and in my breaks im tapping and swirling and i dont think it gives me
coverage, and i still look like a greasy oil slick. Tried primer, and the viel but no difference.

Any ideas to help would be appreciated

Thanks Sazza , but I get the new version of the website and unfortunately the link does not work. Spoke to the women on the BM display in Debenhams the other day, and she tells me that they are getting the new solid foundation early next year. She said in September there are a lot of new products coming out, including an under eye brightner just lke the YSL famous one, a creamy solid concealer and more.

Thanks Sazza , but I get the new version of the website and unfortunately the link does not work. Spoke to the women on the BM display in Debenhams the other day, and she tells me that they are getting the new solid foundation early next year. She said in September there are a lot of new products coming out, including an under eye brightner just lke the YSL famous one, a creamy solid concealer and more.

I have changed it so there is a link for the old website and new website!! :happy:

Last edited:
Dont Lee and SJ look great? I love how these two always look on screen-SJs top really suits her with the bright colours.

SparklyBarbs I use BM and love it but I don't think you get a great deal of coverage with it. When I first tried Laura Geller I used as much/same technique as I would with BM. Well I looked like I was wearing a mask!

If you want more coverage I think the concealer might be what you need. It's the same powder but apparently it covers better.

But if you don't like the finish of it then I don't think the concealer will help with that.

I know it's been mentioned before but I thought it worth another mention :hi: I switched to the real techniques buffing brush to apply BM foundation and the finish it gives is superb! For me way better than the BM brushes, the finish is smooth and it's easier to build or give a lighter coverage so it's not detectable on the skin. The brushes are also easy to clean and dry really quickly. It's part of the core collection and available in boots! I'm going to buy more when they're next on the 3 for 2 offer :clapping:

Thanks AJL-C, I get really annoyed with all the bits coming out of the BM brushes. Is the buffing brush the one they call "Stippling" in Boots or is there another one?

Dont get the night treatment thingi. If Mr Yorko doesnt like my naked face even in the dark then he can bog off and sleep on the sofa

I caved and went for the TSV. Had to phone up to use my July voucher as the website wouldn't accept it. Hope they fix this with the rollout of the new site.

Latest posts

Back