Beauty Bash 27 January 11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went to one of these quite a few years ago now with a QVC mad friend. We came out with around £200 of products each-mostly full sizes. Our original goodie bags hadn't got the liz earle freebies in ( full size superskin concentrate in a lovely bag and other bits) so we went to the stand and told them. They posted them out to use plus a few extras-but in the meantime, Alexis/l'occiatne told us to go back and swap our bags- which we did-so we ended up with even more than we should have had (even weirder is the fact we got NO freebies from l'occitane!). I didn't even use some of the gatineau-it went off before I could use it lol. My little boy still has the qvc teddybear and my older one the really good quality ruler thay gave us (for some strange reason!)

how sad am i - i have priced up my goodie bag plus bits from those that only gave if you spoke to them - amara/sarah chapman - my haul not including trial sizes is just under £400this year. the gatineau was £60 on its own.
i do not keep it all for myself i spread it around family and will donate some to a charity raffle at work

Apparently I heard there was a marked difference between the generosity of the big brands on their contribution to the goody bag. Nothing from Bobbi Brown and Nails Inc, sachet of PK Elasticiser, and very small L'occitane hand cream. Cost of the freebie versus goodwill and future purchases? Full marks to Gatineau, Decleor and Philosophy though.

Apparently I heard there was a marked difference between the generosity of the big brands on their contribution to the goody bag. Nothing from Bobbi Brown and Nails Inc, sachet of PK Elasticiser, and very small L'occitane hand cream. Cost of the freebie versus goodwill and future purchases? Full marks to Gatineau, Decleor and Philosophy though.

I didn't go to the BB but I was told that LE was also stingy on freebies too. A friend of mine (She spoke on the 4pm show when L'occitane were on AY asked her if she'd recieved the 7piece box for Christmas) said that a LE envelope was in her bag and inside that was a sachet of C&P , others got a sachet of LE Shampoo (Very tight imo). I'm going to make a prediction that LE's TSV next Saturday WON'T be a sellout.

I think a lot of beauty companies QVC sales will be affected by whether they were genorous or not with freebies at BB...

In order of generosity

gatineau
elemis
prai
lulu
amara
sbc
decleor
bare escentuals
jemma kidd
perricone
philosophy
laura geller
LD
new cid
opi

all over a tenner - some much much more

as said meanis were loccitne - small hand cream/liz earle - small c and p /ojon - small rub out /phili kingsley sachets/alpha h - trial sizes/

i do not consider balence me /newer brands mean who gave because they are not these massive brands on qvc.without qvc liz earle probably wouldn't still be going imho.

don't get me wrong i am not moaning - nails inc were doing nails but gave nothing whereas opi and ld did nails and ave polisghes.
i know who my favouritew are/were

nothing from bobbi brown/

I got a 50ml size ojon treatment in my bag which I thought was very generous. Decleor's kit was worth about £20, gatineau was also generous. Full sized nail polish from LD and OPI. Full sized lipgloss from Jemma Kidd, BE, New CID. Also lipgloss, small primer and small blush from Laura Geller. Prai gave full sized serum, Lulu was generous too, half sized cleanser and 15ml of day and night cream. Thought Nails Inc would give something though, same with Bobbi Brown.

Pity Philip Kingsley's sachets didn't stretch to a bit more elasticiser, OPI obviously weren't Envy(ous) of the competition (they may have tried harder if they were), New Cid may become Old Cid if customer base falters, LD Butterfly Wings may fly off the shelves of rival brand with similar colour, LG's Spackle might become speckled and Philosophy might have philosophied the wrong way this time!

I got a 50ml size ojon treatment in my bag which I thought was very generous. Decleor's kit was worth about £20, gatineau was also generous. Full sized nail polish from LD and OPI. Full sized lipgloss from Jemma Kidd, BE, New CID. Also lipgloss, small primer and small blush from Laura Geller. Prai gave full sized serum, Lulu was generous too, half sized cleanser and 15ml of day and night cream. Thought Nails Inc would give something though, same with Bobbi Brown.

I didn't get anything from OPI and LD was 3 tiny bottles, my Ojon was the rub out cleanser.

I know it's old news now but can someone put me right? On Julia's blog she mentions that QVC customers could buy their tickets for the beauty bash. Thought it was invitation only. Have I missed something? Where/when did they offer the chance to buy? I'd certainly have bought one.

I know it's old news now but can someone put me right? On Julia's blog she mentions that QVC customers could buy their tickets for the beauty bash. Thought it was invitation only. Have I missed something? Where/when did they offer the chance to buy? I'd certainly have bought one.
Sorry, I mean apply not buy!

I think they had a competition where you could enter your details and there was a draw for tickets. I don't remember the details, sorry.

It was a postal ballot, you had to send your details in by a certain date, I think I must've seen it on TV over Christmas time, I'm pretty sure the closing date was early January. That's how I got mine anyhow, I wasn't invited!

Latest posts

Back