Bareminerals Beauty Gifts TSV 03/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A lot of reviews on the website mention the half full foundation pots.

I think you’re brave, Lynn. I have had several attempts, then with the Laura Geller, and just can’t get on with powder foundation, baked or not. I can’t get the coverage so I keep buffing and then it looks terrible, especially round my mouth. I tried applying hardly any there but then it looked patchy. I like some of their other products, though.

Oh, and as Mazza said, the fall-out is terrible. I ran a tissue over the tiled area where I do my make-up and it was dark orange/brown.

Andi I’m exactly the same, I got no coverage whatsoever and repetitive strain injury trying with all the buffing, the shades are all off too, I found the light (bought from Bareminerals website) should be renamed orange.

I have never used Bareminerals but reading over a few years comments on different makeup forums.

Many totally loving the original foundation and using for years. Then suddenly catching sight of themselves outside in daylight and realizing it is showing up every pore and line on their faces. You know the sitting at the hairdressers facing the mirror and suddenly going 'Oh Sh*t! I look awful!' Every dark circle etc is standing out to you?

Shiseido bought them out some years back and I have also read they are pulling away from the original powder version foundation hence all the new liquid products coming out. Palettes with no loose eyeshadows etc as well. Some are thinking are Shiseido worried about lawsuits because you will be inhaling the loose powder?

I have never used Bareminerals but reading over a few years comments on different makeup forums.

Many totally loving the original foundation and using for years. Then suddenly catching sight of themselves outside in daylight and realizing it is showing up every pore and line on their faces. You know the sitting at the hairdressers facing the mirror and suddenly going 'Oh Sh*t! I look awful!' Every dark circle etc is standing out to you?

Shiseido bought them out some years back and I have also read they are pulling away from the original powder version foundation hence all the new liquid products coming out. Palettes with no loose eyeshadows etc as well. Some are thinking are Shiseido worried about lawsuits because you will be inhaling the loose powder?

Yes, this is so true! I fell into the trap and woke up after prolonged mirror gazing. Especially for drier skins!!

On your other point about the move away from loose powders... I wonder if it has anything to do with the ingredients? Some of them have talc in them and after Johnson & Johnson were used in the USA there might be some nervous people in board rooms...

I also got to thinking more generally about what people in 100 years' time will make of the prevailing beauty wisdom of the current times? What will they think of all the acids, retinols and sunscreens? What about the minerals we put on our faces to cover them? Or the oils we use? Will they be as horrifying to future generations as the white lead beloved of Queen Elizabeth I?

I think I saw on Facebook somewhere she was having problems with her mental health. Whatever it is I wish her a speedy recovery. She seems like a lovely lady. The woman standing in for her seems very rough applying the make up.

I think I saw on Facebook somewhere she was having problems with her mental health. Whatever it is I wish her a speedy recovery. She seems like a lovely lady. The woman standing in for her seems very rough applying the make up.

Yes she posted a story on IG so no secret.

Hope SJ is able to resume her work very soon, she is so nice and knowledgeable an asset to BM.Did she not undergo surgery some time ago in her quest to loose weight? Not that her absence could be linked to that.I tend to use BM more than any other makeup but have moved away from the original foundation.I found some in my stash some time ago, tried it & hated it,I swore by it at one time!

Yes, she had stomach bypass or whatever they call it, there are different versions I know stapling, bypass. They make your stomach smaller, but it can go wrong and many who had it done end up putting the weight back on.

I never thought SJ was overweight, even if she might have been and I was really surprised when I heard she'd had that gastric surgery. I really hope her illness is nothing to do with that and wish her well.

CC

Latest posts

Back