bareMineral SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jantaculum

black diamond witch
ooooo look at this

no more heavy bottles of sunscreen emptying themselves into your handbag!

It looks ideal for me - P20 in the mornings then this to use as a top up during the day.

I think it's quite new but has anyone tried it yet?

ooooo look at this

It looks ideal for me - P20 in the mornings then this to use as a top up during the day.

Oooo wouldnt mind trying it , i wear Clinqiue city block spf40 everyday so if you try it will you let me know how you get on x:)

ooooo look at this

I've just looked at the reviews on the US site and apparently there are some problems with the dispenser, though the overall reviews for the actual product are good.

Looks really quite interesting & you can use it on both face and body then? I think I will definitely be giving this a go although I'm not convinced it is ideal for the face as can see a number of potential pitfalls with this; the delivery system, make-up disturbance, concern over sufficient coverage when applying a top up layer & trying not to be too heavy-handed?
Worth giving it a try however!

I'm very interested in this for my face, as 4gr. is hardly going to cover a lot of 'body'.

i noticed this too, and its in 3 shades, just wondering what kind of coverage its going to give and if it could replace the normal foundation.... Hope its on telly later!

Christopher Drummond sent me a review of Mineral make up and sun protections (including Christopher Drummond Saude Pele) :) the other day - AND the article also does a review of the new BE SPF 30.

The article says

The bareMinerals Powdered Formula with SPF 30 shields skin from harsh rays to stave off premature aging and sun damage with a breathable powdered formula that won’t clog pores. Chock full of vitamins, antioxidants and aloe vera extract, bareMinerals can be purchased at http://www.QVC.com. The Skin Cancer Foundation gave this product its seal of approval, and so should you.

See the full review (and take a peak at CD Saude Pele too) here

Seems like the QVC US jury has taken issue with the packaging, doesn't it? Although I think I'd rather have the all-in-one application than be fiddling around with the brush and pot (which is absolutely fine for foundation at home but not for sunscreen-on-the-go)

I've ordered it anyway - will report back when it arrives. If it works I'll be delighted (HATE everything about liquid sunscreen!)

I've ordered it - I hope the application is not too bad. I hate liquid sunscredd. I never deliberately go in the sun but thought it wiuld be good for just the face. Can't imagine you'd want to put it on arms etc - the colour must rub off on things.

Mine arrived today. I didn't take heed of the US reviews unfortunately and have experienced exactly the same problem. I ordered the tan which should have been at least slightly visible on my skin but after following application instructions and pouncing the brush until the colour appeared, I found that nothing was transferring to my skin. I even tried applying it to a white handkerchief and absolutley nothing appeared. As a last resort I applied it by pouncing the brush vigorously against the back of my hand and then removing what was hopefully there with a damp cotton pad. The pad came away completely clean. I'd be very wary of depending upon this as an efficient sunscreen. I don't doubt that the actual product works perfectly well but they need to rethink the delivery system.

Sorry QVC this is coming back!!

#13 Mam - I was waiting to see a few UK reviews before ordering this but that is slightly worrying & for somebody as paranoid as I am about something 'not working', I don't think that would be for me then!
I think the Ultrasun once a day stuff sounds the simplest, no risk option? :)

I would also be worried about missing bits out - I remember DD when skiing missed a tiny fraction of her ear when putting sunscreen on her paler than pale complexioned skin & was quite sore where she'd missed with the sunscreen in only a couple of hours, so it definitely wouldn't do for her!

Last edited:
Mine's fine - isn't that odd? Good skin coverage, like wearing a slightly tinted foundation. Very easy to apply as well, much better than fiddling around with a pot and a brush.

I haven't tested it out in the sun yet (obviously!) and that'll be the true test really - foundation just tends to disappear from my face in hot weather.

I'll give this a proper 'road test' - I do burn extremely easily so it won't take long to see if it works for me, but my first impressions are very very good,

Mine is here. I am going to keep it as I do not go in the sun much and I can't stand suncreams on my face - the only I that doesn't make me itch is the LE but it is as thick as tar.

The delivery system - a sort of shaving brush affair - is no good.

Mine is fine as well. I bought 2 differerent shades and they are both ok. If you turn it upside down powder falls out quite visibly with mine.

Mine arrived...It does work, sort of. The powder comes out in huge clouds. Maybe I primed it too hard? I got the light colour and the problem is that it makes me look odd - I have pinky toned light skin, this is very yellow based.
Jury is still out on this. I am in two minds about sending it back as I got another "Letter" today! Try to be good and keep it or send it back in a huff on principle?

Mine's fine. Wish I'd ordered the medium but the light isn't too bad. Will see how well it does and if its OK will order the medium for next time. Will put my usual once a day (Piz Buin or P20) on in the mornings when I'm away and just use this to top up at odd times - especially when I'm looking a bit shiny!

Latest posts

Back