Bare Minerals?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
OK, I don't always pay attention :25:, so can someone tell me what the difference is between Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals? Is it the same company with 2 names? Never tried the stuff, but have been tempted. Reviews are a bit confusing, does it make your face shiney? Does it take forever to buff in? Is it better on younger skin? Thanks lots!

hello!

they're the same company, I don't know why they're sometimes called BE and sometimes BM!

I think it's one of those products that you have to try for yourself, lots of people completely swear by them, other hate them. Personally I found the fdn faffy, made me look shiny yet powdery at the same time and made my pores look HUGE! I also found it took far too long to buff in especially compared to Laura Gellers BnB which takes seconds.

However, I absolutely love the original mineral veil as a finishing powder, makes the skin look airbrushed and flawless. Their blushes are lovely, very pigmented although some can be a bit sparkley. The eyeshadows are just gorgeous, very dramatic especially when used wet, again some can be a bit sparkley. I don't recommend the bronzers or tinted veils, far too shimmery (for me anyway!).

Tx

there concealer bisque is the absolute best i have ever used well i use summer bisque, i hate liquid foudation/concealer i have oily skin and have breakouts and every single concealer ive used always makes them look worse

nice but foundation contains bismouth which in the heat can make you face itch like mad. i love the finish you get but it can make pores look huge so use mineral viel first or a primer. i like philosphy supernatural.
if you like the look on darker skins i finish with warm radiance all over really stunning. for shaping warmth used sparingly around the face and hollows of cheeks. follow with a pop of your fav blusher from any range. i like glee.
it can be expensive to buy this range on qvc as they like to give you a brush each time you buy an item der!! try e-bay. lots of bargains. also stay away from the flawless brush it sheds forever

OK, I don't always pay attention :25:, so can someone tell me what the difference is between Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals? Is it the same company with 2 names? Never tried the stuff, but have been tempted. Reviews are a bit confusing, does it make your face shiney? Does it take forever to buff in? Is it better on younger skin? Thanks lots!

As I understand it bare escentuals is the company name , and bare minerals is the mineral powder range. So every now and then they will say this item ( whatever it is .. may not have just mineral ingredients ) is not part of the mineral range.

Latest posts

Back