Bare minerals TSV 7/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wasn't the primer in a jumbo size the Beauty Pick of the Month fairly recently or is my memory failing me? I seem to remember it being flogged relentlessly not too long ago so surely people who bought it won't need more and won't buy this TSV? They must have tons of it!

Yes it was netscat, I was talked into buying it but I sent it back. I have never disliked a product more - it was thick and had a greasy feel and oh so so yellow. I much prefer the normal clear primer they do.

I thought the same that they had loads of the primer left from it being POTM last year. So they've stuck it in a TSV.

OMG just turned over to watch last 10mins of bareminerals. The models look awful with that make up on - cadaver faces. The befores are much better than the afters. Whatever they've been using who knows. Thought I was watching an episode of Silent Witness...

OMG just turned over to watch last 10mins of bareminerals. The models look awful with that make up on - cadaver faces. The befores are much better than the afters. Whatever they've been using who knows. Thought I was watching an episode of Silent Witness...

Absolutely agree. Deathly! I don't know one person whom looks better after applying this powder
It's extremely ageing, except on young models in their 20s I feel if a person is at the stage in their life (over 40, or an over 30 sun damaged/smoker) who has quite noticeable fine lines, Bare Minerals simply magnifies all the flaws whether simple lines and wrinkles or scar tissue from chicken pox or acne (atrophic).

Last edited:

I have to agree. I use BM loose foundation for days when I want a bullet proof last all day coverage eg all day wedding guest and like it for that as it looks the most natural on me for that amount of coverage. I dont have bad skin, just like to look immaculate for such occasions lol! But Debra Anne looked so pale and flat and sat there applying layer upon layer of that yellow primer. I was speechless. Also the blush and eyeshadows do little for anybody. I think the end results look terrible. Going off it all rapidly.

Absolutely agree. Deathly! I don't know one person whom looks better after applying this powder
It's extremely ageing, except on young models in their 20s I feel if a person is at the stage in their life (over 40, or an over 30 sun damaged/smoker) who has quite noticeable fine lines, Bare Minerals simply magnifies all the flaws whether simple lines and wrinkles or scar tissue from chicken pox or acne (atrophic).

I always think Babs looks the best in the demos not the young models though.

OMG!! Just tuned in and Debra Ann and Courtney look awful in their make up. The last product, some lip shine things looked terrible as well. And Ali Keenan looks like a lady of the night the way they have made her up. What is going on with Bare Minerals?

OMG!! Just tuned in and Debra Ann and Courtney look awful in their make up. The last product, some lip shine things looked terrible as well. And Ali Keenan looks like a lady of the night the way they have made her up. What is going on with Bare Minerals?

I agree. They are all caked in the stuff. It seems to show up every skin imperfection - makes pores very noticeable. And Ali Keenan looks like a panto dame. By the way, I'm sure she's had some "work" done recently. Around the eyes and her cheeks are looking positively hamster-like.

I think the issue is simply too many layers, same with most brands, they introduce extra layers of products to make more money. Bare minerals foundation on a well moisturised face works for me. However, I see the solid version has bad reviews.

I think the issue is simply too many layers, same with most brands, they introduce extra layers of products to make more money. Bare minerals foundation on a well moisturised face works for me. However, I see the solid version has bad reviews.

I agree, the foundation on its own or with primer is ok for me, but I'm not keen on all of that PLUS a 'radiance' PLUS a 'mineral veil'. Too much.

I commented last night "why do we need all the layers"? Why put a pale make up on then put on bronzer to get some colour, highlighter to get some glow etc. etc. Why not just go for a product all in one which gives the correct colour and amount of glow all in one. Who has got time to do all that and by the time you have all the layers on it looks cakey:smirk:

I really do like Bare Minerals and wear their foundation year round, but I do use BnB when I'm in a rush I admit. The problem I have with BM is you cannot whack it on immediately over a moisturiser or primer because if you do you cannot get a really sheer layer.

I have tried their other primer but honest to god I cannot see any difference so I don't bother. I've been wearing BM most days for 7 years and although I have mineral veil I am still on my first pot. I ought to bung it out. I never wear it and it'll have gone off by now anyway.

I do use radiance but I use it over BnB to get the BM glow!

The real key to success with BM for me is to whack rather than tap. Otherwise there's way too much in the brush. And also to use the right colour. Too pale and its a highlighter and not a foundation.

I agree, the foundation on its own or with primer is ok for me, but I'm not keen on all of that PLUS a 'radiance' PLUS a 'mineral veil'. Too much.
Another vote for the loose foundation over moisturiser (alternated with B&B) - I've got the basic BE primer and I do like it, I just don't have time for faffing about in the mornings. I do use Mineral Veil over Pot Rouge.

I saw one of the demos of eyeshadows last night and the neutral looked really nice but faffing with eyeshadow is a no no... who has the time?

That radience stuff looked ultra violet to me last night. The darker model Donna I think , looked really ashy with it. SJ said some highlighters make you look like you just got off a space ship. In the words of Jill.I.AM. "Err Hello!" The solid foundation looks to drag as it goes on and looked patchy and cakey.

They used the ready foundation on the really pale model last night and it was far too pale - she could have been an extra in the morgue in CSI - why do they think that sells make up?

Latest posts

Back