Bare Minerals TSV 11/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you Weathergirl, it's a beautiful Kipling orginiser, I found one online for £30

What a disappointment this was. First time since BE came to QVC that I've declined on a TSV from them. It just didn't excite me and the bag(s) was like a flashback to the 80s. Pink or silver would have been much more acceptable and modern. The whole set just seemed quite tired and dated. The eyeshadow was a strange combination to say the least. Each to their own though. I do have quite a stash of BE stuff but they are going to have to do better to get my credit card flashing again ! Report card reads - must do better BE !

Well, I caved yesterday and bought the TSV. I had sworn not to order anymore, especially after the awful treatment Graham has been dished out by QVC, so feel a bit bad about ordering. I actually quite like the colours and the eyeshadows and thought the value of the TSV was OK - each to their own I suppose! I used my easy pay code too so if its not any good at least I have shelled out full price first before returning. I'm not keen on BM foundation - the bismuth in it makes my skin itch and I'm a big fan of Liz Earle's Signature Foundation at present. I'll probably sell the BM foundation and brush on Ebay which will reduce the cost of the TSV. I am pleased to see that my account is showing as it being shipped this morning, so am hopeful it comes tomorrow via my trusty Hermes courier. I have high expectations with delivery times having paid a fiver for p&p - it should be next day delivery as standard.

Oh, and as I had fallen off the wagon, I ordered the Yankee Candle set of 3 large jars in the Christmas fragrances. Now that was a good deal, even with p&p, as the large jars are £20 each now and the QVC price was like 3 for 2.

No problem Marina. It's called the blossom2go, it may not be available any more but I got mine about 6 months ago from Kipling's own website in the outlet section. It measures approx 8in x 5in x 3.5in and has a roomy compartment with an inside pouch that fits all of my everyday make up and zips closed. On the opposite side there is another zip that unfastens to reveal a compartment for 6 brushes, full sizes, various thicknesses. Opposite that is a roomy mesh compartment which I find handy for medicines, tweezers, scissors and a nail file. Would fit loads more like a muslin cloth etc, too, when I last looked they still had them in black available. I think they were either in the luggage or accessories section of the outlet section IYKWIM

I've got this bag too,also bought from Kipling in their sale. I think I may have paid about £18 for it about a year ago, and it's been a good buy. I'm surprised they stopped selling it.

I only really wanted the ready eyeshadow but I wasn't fond of the colours and you can get one of their eyeshadow palettes with the 8 colours for £28 at look fantastic with free delivery.. On qvc same one is 32 with £4 delivery! Might get it as looks really nice colours, also like their Christmas sets! For me better value than the Tsv even though I had 3 easy pay code.

My TSV came this morning. I've had a bit of a play with it already, I already knew I would be OK with the foundation - am very impressed with the rose radiance, the lipglosses and the eyeliner, so far it hasn't budged and I am the one person that can't even get Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner to stay put. The only thing I'm let down with is the eyeshadows. Creased to bliddy b*ggery in less than 10 minutes and the colour has all but disappeared. Odd seeing as the liner is still a-ok. I am going to have to use eyelid primer with it to get any colour pay off. I may give that to Ma, and keep the rest...

Mine still hasn't arrived. This is what ticks me off about the exorbitant p&p costs. For £4.95 I expect next day delivery. I can get that with other retailers.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mine still hasn't arrived. This is what ticks me off about the exorbitant p&p costs. For £4.95 I expect next day delivery. I can get that with other retailers.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I ordered from BeautyBay and you get free next day delivery once your order is above £70 or you can upgrade to this (from the free basic delivery option) for £4.95. It's ironic that on QVC it works the opposite way and the more you spend on products the more you spend on p & p and you still get a second rate service.

Latest posts

Back