Bare Minerals Balance and Boost

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anne

Registered Shopper
Packaging is the same as Avons mineral foundation. I know the BM one is not foundation but I got three of the Avon foundations for £10 last month with the offer they had online.

I do like Bare minerals but this product is surely just another radiance under another name. They do bring out so many "cinderella products" that are all basically the same thing.

I do like Bare minerals but this product is surely just another radiance under another name. They do bring out so many "cinderella products" that are all basically the same thing.
I thought exactly the same thing LE, tinted mineral veil springs to mind which I already have for about a third of the price per ml for a 9g pot on ebay x.

Packaging is the same as Avons mineral foundation. I know the BM one is not foundation but I got three of the Avon foundations for £10 last month with the offer they had online.

I bought the Mineral Veil in this packaging a few months back and it's great as it only dispenses a small amount and handy to carry around. One of the reviews suggested getting it because once empty you could refill it with the foundation. I tried for ages afterwards to get another and was unlucky so in the end I bought this Balance and Boost product.

Thankyou for the tip about Avons Mineral powder packaging as its identical and a fraction of the cost.

I bought the Mineral Veil in this packaging a few months back and it's great as it only dispenses a small amount and handy to carry around. One of the reviews suggested getting it because once empty you could refill it with the foundation. I tried for ages afterwards to get another and was unlucky so in the end I bought this Balance and Boost product.

Thankyou for the tip about Avons Mineral powder packaging as its identical and a fraction of the cost.

Avon do free returns and you have 90 days
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. Therefore, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. We'll be glad to exchange your item or refund the full price if you choose to return it within 90 days of delivery.

Haven't tried opening the container to refill with anything else as I just buy new when it's on offer. Have tried BM but really didn't get on with it yet the Avon one is great for me and a much cheaper alternative to the Philosophy one I used to use.

DebraJane, just thought I'd post to say I've tried undoing the Avon foundation and can't do it. Just in case you were thinking of getting one to then refill with some BM.

The BM girlie in HOF told me this week that the "to go" foundation is going to be in store soon. It's exclusive to Selfridges to start with and is £25. Clearly QVC with its famous buying power don't have Selfridges clout.

Jude, that's it with BM. It was the shine I didn't like. I couldn't ****** remember why I didn't like it and thought it crap when so many rave over it!

I'm put off BE by the range of products. Beyond the basic foundation I wouldn't have a clue where to start. That's the lovely thing about LG. Simple and does the job.

I got some of the BE Ready foundation off Ebay - it is lovely much better than the loose stuff. You do have to go a shade darker though as I read this on the BE USA website before ordering. Will be good when we can buy regularly in store or online as I live no where near Selfridges. I was told by the lady on my local BE counter that it would be available in January 2013. I would also like the proper new brush to go with it but it is really expensive and I already have loads of the old ones (from many TSV's!)

I have tried the Avon one and didn't like it at all - too 'powdery' for me and left me with a powdered ghostly look rather than a nice healthy glow.

Also do not like the LG - have ordered her products a couple of times and returned - always found my face looked dirty rather than made up using her stuff.

I used to LOVE the Smashbox Halo and always used that before they changed the formulation. Went back to BE after this.

Horses for courses and if we all liked the same they wouldnt have a range of different products to buy :confused:

I hate the phrase "luscious layers of light" that they trot out in every presentation of any sort of BE illuminating product.

Have gone right off BE at the moment. Too messy, faffy and a bit overrated, I'm starting to think.

Just thought it may help to say that I wear light or medium beige in BM and Avon nude in their version is a really good colour for me, sort of between the two.

DebraJane, just thought I'd post to say I've tried undoing the Avon foundation and can't do it. Just in case you were thinking of getting one to then refill with some BM.

Thank you Anne that's really kind of you to try it and post the result - yes, I otherwise would have bought it to refill with BM.
:mysmilie_504:

I got some of the BE Ready foundation off Ebay - it is lovely much better than the loose stuff. You do have to go a shade darker though as I read this on the BE USA website before ordering. Will be good when we can buy regularly in store or online as I live no where near Selfridges. I was told by the lady on my local BE counter that it would be available in January 2013. I would also like the proper new brush to go with it but it is really expensive and I already have loads of the old ones (from many TSV's!)

I have tried the Avon one and didn't like it at all - too 'powdery' for me and left me with a powdered ghostly look rather than a nice healthy glow.

Also do not like the LG - have ordered her products a couple of times and returned - always found my face looked dirty rather than made up using her stuff.

I used to LOVE the Smashbox Halo and always used that before they changed the formulation. Went back to BE after this.

Horses for courses and if we all liked the same they wouldnt have a range of different products to buy :confused:

Can I ask if you wear BE medium beige foundation,what colour do you think I should go for in the Ready foundation, thanks for any help:happy:

In the loose one I wear Fairly Light occasionally when I'm really pale, most of the time I wear Medium Beige but in the summer I wear Medium Tan so my guess is that the next darkest colour in the right tone to Medium Beige is Medium Tan. Maybe this is one good reason to buy from QVC because if the colour isn't right you can exchange for a different one.

Can I ask if you wear BE medium beige foundation,what colour do you think I should go for in the Ready foundation, thanks for any help:happy:

Have a look at the reviews on the BE USA website people say which colour they wear and which they went for in the ready as a guide. I went for golden tan and I normally wear medium tan in loose foundation it is the right colour for me.

Latest posts

Back