Bare Escentuals TSV 6/3/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just found this on the US BE website

http://www.bareescentuals.com/Try.-...e,default,pd.html?start=3&cgid=BE_COLLECTIONS

It is basically the TSV less the warmth (pointless on fairer skintones anyawy), mini mascara and mini lipgloss. Granted there isn't a full size foundation but there are two of the smaller foundations (one matte, one regular). Plus it's only $20, ie. about £14! Suddenly a £45 TSV inc p&p (I'm guessing) seems expensive. Also this kit doesn't come in the Fair so possibly neither will the TSV.

The TSV is

Bare Escentuals Back to Basics 6 Piece with 2 brushes for only £38.98

Just found this on the US BE website

http://www.bareescentuals.com/Try.-...e,default,pd.html?start=3&cgid=BE_COLLECTIONS

It is basically the TSV less the warmth (pointless on fairer skintones anyawy), mini mascara and mini lipgloss. Granted there isn't a full size foundation but there are two of the smaller foundations (one matte, one regular). Plus it's only $20, ie. about £14! Suddenly a £45 TSV inc p&p (I'm guessing) seems expensive. Also this kit doesn't come in the Fair so possibly neither will the TSV.

I saw this in Debenhams this evening for £15, they only had Light and Fairly Light. The brushes are very small, but it would be good to try the products out, or to keep in your bag.

Bare Escentuals 6 Piece Simply Bare Collection With 2 Brushes.
Today's Special Value Price £39.96
QVC Price £48.50
Item Number 221892
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.95
Available in 4 Easy Pay instalments of £9.99 plus P&P
Bare Escentuals Simply Bare Collection. Six-piece make-up kit includes the award-winning Original SPF15 Foundation, their trusty Multi-tasking SPF20 Concealer and the much-loved Mineral Veil to create complexion perfection. Plus, there's a lipgloss and mascara to complete the sought after 'barely there' make-up finish.

Contains:

•1 x Original SPF15 Foundation (8g) - available in Fair, Fairly Light, Light, Medium, Medium Beige, Medium Tan, Tan, Medium Dark and Golden Dark - award-winning 100% pure mineral foundation looks like a powder, feels like a cream and buffs on like silk for flawless coverage with natural luminosity
•1 x Multi-tasking SPF20 Concealer (0.75g) - each shade makes for a beautiful complement to your foundation, expertly covering imperfections and protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays
•1 x Mineral Veil SPF25 (1.5g) - finishing product helps reduce shine and minimise the appearance of pores, giving you a clearer looking complexion
•1 x Warmth All Over Face Colour (1.5g) - adds a rich, velvety colour to your complexion to give you a radiant, healthy-looking hue
•1 x Flawless Definition Volumising Mascara - black (5ml) - gives lashes ultimate volume, perfect definition and mineral care they've been craving
•1 x Natural Lipgloss in Sprinkles - nude (2.5ml) - preservative-free formula, with an infusion of 100% pure minerals and jojoba oil, colours lips with superior shine without stickiness
•1 x Full Flawless Face Brush (full size) - natural, soft tapered bristles provide light-to-medium coverage
•1 x Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush (full size) - use a patting technique to cover imperfections before or after applying your foundation, and you'll get maximum coverage that blends completely

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.221892

Pleasantly surprised! Comes in the Fair, mineral veil has spf25, and its the full coverage concealer rather than the eye concealer. Happy days!

Bare Escentuals TSV

:wonder:Was just about to "jump to the phones" as I thought this was a good value TSV on 4 easy pays. Alison said it had the full sized concealer. 0.75 g is not a full size concealer (so don't be fooled) - 2g is the full size so it is less than half size (Apple has highlighted the size of the concealer too so we are not daft). I also think 1.5g Mineral Veil is a bit tiny considering the full size is 9g. The warmth I don't think many of us would use (perhaps I am speaking for too many customers but I cannot see the general public wanted to go around looking like they have been 'tangoed'). The flawless face brush is ok for Mineral Veil but I find you need to use a Kabuki brush for the foundation in order to get a decent coverage. I have now put my phone down (will not be purchasing today). Can buy products separately elsewhere and save myself a fair bit of money and at least I won't end up with a elements of makeup I won't use yet again.

Last edited:
I am a bit confused. I thought it was quite a good tsv as it seemed to have so much, but now I am thinking, I could get away with a small kit later in the year with less product as I don't really need the warmth, mascara or lip gloss or mineral veil....But it is a goood price and I am curious about the mascara and the lip gloss looks nice.

And its a "yes" from me!

I needed a new foundation so this was the only way to go really.

I luuurrrvvveee B.E and I have a 0.57gram little "Well Rested" that I use about 3 times a week, just under my eyes. I have had it for 18 months and its still got about a quarter of the way to go.

Do dispute AY's claims that the brushes don't moult......hell they do!

I watched the repeat this morning and was disappointed. It's ok if you need to reinforce stocks but nothing new.

AY was going on about the two literally full sized brushes for you, as well, which cost a million pounds on their own on the actual high street as well, but unless you're new to BE you'll already have them.

What's the orange stuff for? Bearing in mind the collection is called Simply Bare Collection which suggests to me a natural look, surely no-one would look natural with ground terracotta tiles on their face.

I am a fool, I am a fool, I repeat I am a fool - well almost:)

I have a ton of BE her still unopened - at least one of all the products on offer plus so many BE brushes I could paint the house. So why oh why when I logged on this morning, saw some choices on waitlist - turned out to be the Fair option - did I pop a Light in my basket!!!! What was that all about!

Whilst I do rather like BE, although it's messy and doesn't travel well - and I do - bottom line is I'm really a Smashbox Halo girl, so why pop another BE in my basket? Yes, I am a fool.

So, whilst my basket was ticking away, I clicked on to watch the video presentation. Brilliant - when they popped the Light on the model dressed in the pink top I thought wow, she looks jaundiced! Not a good look - apart from the model they always use wearing medium (thought she used to wear medium beige?) who looked fab, I really disliked the look of the Light model.

So, basket is empty, money is safe! BUT, why did I behave like a fool? Note to self - pick up the FART thread and fast!

Thank You ST - I logged on here to draw strength x

Well I went for it cos I need to restock. The warmth will be a trial and error product, I like to tan (fake tan) a bit in the summer so may well be using the warmth then.

The mascara is pretty much a staple for me and not particularly fussed which kind.

The mineral veil I have missed for taking the 'shine' of the foundation and for taking the shine off throughout the day.

The concealer I will prob not use as I think it is too dark to go with the fairly light foundation.

And lastly the gloss - it will be used over lipstick as its too pale on its own unless you have lovely naturally coloured lips. (the model, blonde slim girl - can't remember her name - looked shocking with the gloss on bare lips - I think this added to the jaundiced look!).

The Full Flawless Brush is great, but I won't be buying this time. Don't like the gloss shade and don't need mascara or foundation. I do prefer Warmth to the pink blushes that are usually in the TSVs though.

I've gone for it.

I'm always a LG girl and get fantastic results - but don't wear my LG to work.A) its too "strong" and B) I like to feel "different" between work and home/going out.

Currently my work make up is just a maybelline mousse foundation and thats it:wonder:

I tried BE foundation years ago - and although loved it,I felt it was expensive and messy for a quater of it just to lounge all over my bedroom floor.I never re ordered.

I bought a try me just before christmas mainly for (a non existant) sparkle eye shadow - but absolutely loved the lipgloss and mascara.

So with all these in mind - despite the really POOR presentation at 11am,I've gone for it.Still not entirely sure where the concealer and mineral veil fit in...................because we weren't shown

The easy pay has helped - and although I don't buy much make up for boots - 9 pieces including 2 good quality brushes (I hope/I think) would still cost me more than £45:sun:

Am a bit wary of the shade I've chosen though - as I always carefully select a foundation thats probably 2 shades too dark for me:blush:

Bare Escentuals 6/3/11

I've never really got on with this, but seeing Ann Dawson looking really gorgeous has convinced and I have ordered the TSV. I also ordered a BE Lipstick and Blush elsewhere as I do not like their packages, only need one lipstick and one blush. eyeshadow next.

Hope I get on better with it this time.

I am keeping to my 'watch don't buy' mantra of last Fri.I like the BE Matt foundation ( & compared it to LG B&B which looks cakey in comparison) but I can take myself off in a trice to the Traff.C & buy without the P&P.The rest I don't use. Have enough brushes--- never could 'get on' with the ES.So NO contest!

For anyone interested, I just got a sample size of the hydrating mineral veil and a small brush from eBay for less than £7. I was tempted by the hydrating version as I already use and love the regular one but couldn't stretch to £25 odd quid for the full size plus it lasts for so long I'd be using it forever!

There's a few more on there...

Tx

Latest posts

Back