Ballantyne - Terrible

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
he did a QVC selection this afternoon which included a fran wilson lippy set, and a womans wet and dry shaver.

god he was terrible. his bull in a china shop sales technique was totally out of place presenting womens stuff. firing questions at guests as if theyre under interrogation and asking for stupid details that no one would give a toss about.

im no fan of charlie "charisma bypass" brook but by heck he makes ballantyne look a right mess when it comes to presenting womens products.

I think he did rather well as the guests were pants. How excited can you get about a toothpaste dispenser and a wet/dry shaver that's utter crap? :whistle:

oh please... he was awful.

and how many times did he mention his granny, mother, the fact that he was one of 5 brothers, the hard life growing up manchester as a kid?

cheap shots to sell units. fake. i cannot abide him.

I like Julian. I like the fact that when he is out of his depth he is not afraid to ask questions. It might just help the odd fella or two who happens to catch a show understand a bit about an item he wouldn't dare ask about! I prefer this so-called 'interrogation' approach to pretending that he is an expert on everything.

I am with BurlyBear, always thought he was a little out of his depth. Nice guy I am sure, but I can not watch him and turn off almost immediately:dull:

I don't watch anymore, but always found Julian to be the best presenter by a long way, would much rather have him on the beauty presentations than the strident, gobby mare that is Ali Young. Literally.

i do not rate Julian as a good presenter, but he is a lovely individual and we need lovely people in our midst. it is not like he is working on a scientific project!!
as for screeching Alison Young, i think we should rename her Actually Young and well deserved it is.

Didn't see Julian yesterday but have to say he is my favourite presenter by a long way.

He's a genuine, lovely guy and I love his style. :smile

julian is not the most articulate presenter but he always make me laugh and as a presenter does not take himselftoo seriously..
one of the old gang but burly bear has a point about one thing.............!!! lol

I love Julian, and I think he's natural. He's not "me me me me me" like a few presenters we can all think of! Nor is his voice grating...and the best bit? He pauses for breath....
If there's one thing I can't stand it's the presenters that seemed to have perfected the art of circular breathing....they just NEVER SHUT UP.

Give em a p45 and a didgeridoo...

of course, burly bear has a very good point. besides, he shouldn't be doing the job of the qvc resident beauty expert. imo the latter is the most terrible of all for the following reason, amongst other. we will never find out whether she is a beauty expert or not, because we will never be the beneficiary of her knowledge/experience (if and whatever that is). she is there to flog the stuff stocked by qvc; she is a salesperson and her presence is not one of "an impartial resident beauty expert".

Julian is the only presenter that I just have to turn off - fortunately he rarely presents anything that I am interested in. I'd rather watch a four hour stint co-hosted by Gobby Young and Jill Franks - and what torture that would be! :wait2:

I like the Julian hours, he is so normal and easy-going. I like watching him in the kitchen when he is eyeing up the food. Julian is a good laugh and one of my favourite QVC presenters. :up2:

Another Julian fan here - never seems to take himself too seriously. I always feel that what you see is what you get with him. To be honest, I don't mind him talking about his Granny or other family members - much better than bragging about this, that or the other!!

Another Julian fan here - never seems to take himself too seriously. I always feel that what you see is what you get with him. To be honest, I don't mind him talking about his Granny or other family members - much better than bragging about this, that or the other!!

Yes that sums up how I feel about Julian. He's one of my favourites even though he is a Man Utd supporter.

Julian is the male equivalent of Kathy Tyler - pleasant and inoffensive, but bumbling and not terribly clued up.

Julian is the male equivalent of Kathy Tyler - pleasant and inoffensive, but bumbling and not terribly clued up.

I don't agree with that at all. Kathy really gets on my nerves with her repeated stumbling over words and her inability to get to the point.

They both come over as being more genuine than some of the other presenters but in my opinion that's the only similarity.

I can't stand watching or listening to Julian and I don't know why he mentions his Manchester upbringing so much when he has been trying for years to lose his northern accent. All this talk about his Gran and his other family makes me cringe I don't know how he's managed to stay at QVC so long.

Latest posts

Back