Balance Me 6 Piece Try Me versus Emma Hardie Moringa Balm?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LuvLizEarlestuff

Registered Shopper
Hi I'm currently using EH Moringa Balm and really like it. Has anybody tried the new skincare from Balance Me? Noticed that their 125ml size of"Cleanse and Smooth" face balm is much cheaper and wondered about comparisons between the two ie for sensitive skins, how effective at removing make-up.

Really interested to hear what you think of any of items in the kit. For example, LE Superskin Concentrate doesn't suit me so a bit wary of the BM Radiance Face Oil.

Thanks a lot:wave:

I can't answer your question as not used BM but I was wondering about this as well. I am looking for a balm/oil cleanser but can't use EH as it irritates my skin.

I can't answer your question as not used BM but I was wondering about this as well. I am looking for a balm/oil cleanser but can't use EH as it irritates my skin.

Shame you can't use EH as it certainly removes all traces of make-up including Mally mascara! It wasn't just the price of BM that caught my attention but the fact that their balm is in a tube. Much more hygienic IMO.

Shame you can't use EH as it certainly removes all traces of make-up including Mally mascara! It wasn't just the price of BM that caught my attention but the fact that their balm is in a tube. Much more hygienic IMO.

I really enjoyed EH for 2-3 weeks and then the irritation started. I do agree it took off makeup like a dream including the mally mascara & I was amazed at this so I started using it as an eye makeup remover to finish the pot. For some reason it never upset my eyes.

The cleanse and smooth balm is really great! I bought the try-me-kit through QVC but have just bought the full size from the BM website. I have really sensitive skin but not have one problem with this balm and it takes off ALL of my makeup including eye makeup - and I am a mascara queen! The oats in it really feel lovely. Also if you like the EH balm, the stellar balm works in a similar way - but is also a good over night face mask!

Hi, I am wondering how many of you guys are using moringa for weight loss and skin problem. My friend recommends me to use moirnga tree leaves and paste for my skin problem. Is this okay if I use it.

i tryed the balance me 6 piece set and it was lovely i also had the e hardie try me but had to send back as made my face bit sore . if you get this months glamour magazine out now they are giving away free balance me skincare the face wash 50ml i think it was face cream 15ml eye cream which is fab and the lip balm which was a bit strong smelling for me the magazine costs 2 pound so good value i have stocked up.:sun:

Hello

I suffer from sensitive skin in that I get frequent bouts of angiodema (swollen lips), allergic reactions, peri-oral dermtitis and eczema all on my face so its horrendous trying to find anything that doesn't cause a reaction.

The EH morings balm and BM cleanse and smooth balm are abundant in sweet almond oil, said to be soothing but it irritates the whatsits out of my skin so might cause issues for others and I don't have a nut allergy. I can't use either (although if something has sweet almond in but very low down the ingredient listing I'm OK!) possibly due to the sweet almond but also the essential oils found in both.

I would imagine if one irritates so might the other as they are both choc full of essential oils too - I guess unless you can pin down any reactions to a specific ingeredient say in the moringa balm it would be hard to know if you would be able to safely use the BM cleanse and smooth balm - I would suggest the formulas are broadly based on similar ingredients - even if someone else with sensitive skin can use them. ALL that being said :) if one ingredient is in one and not the other and that's what irritates your skin you might be OK - I'd say try it but via QVC if you are unsure so you have your 30MBG

Last edited:
Balance Me
Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, Colloidal oatmeal, Cera alba (unrefined beeswax), Mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter***, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, Polyglyceryl-4 caprate, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic polyglycerides, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic polyglycerides, Rubus chamaemorus (cloudberry) seed extract, Cocos nucifera (virgin coconut) oil***, Aleurites moluccana (kukui) oil, Rosa canina (rosehip) fruit oil, Camellia oleifera (camellia) oil, Citrus reticulata (mandarin red)*, Litsea cubeba (litsea may chang)*, Citrus aurantium amara (petitgrain)*, Anthemis nobilis (Roman chamomile)*, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang)*, Coriandrum sativum (coriander)*, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Limonene**, Linalool**, Citral *natural pure essential oil **naturally occurring in essential oils ***certified organic ingredient

As Tia said, there's a lot in here. It's chock-a-block
As a rule of thumb, I'd say the more there is in it, the more that can go wrong in the sense of irritating the skin.

Just to be balanced, Emma Hardy Moringa Cleansing Balm
vitis vinifera seed oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl alcohol, peg-8 beeswax, peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, sorbitan stearate, peg-60 almond glycerides, limonene, citrus aurantium dulcis oil, silica, glycerin, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, lecithin, citrus aurantium bergamia oil, aqua, citrus aurantium amara oil, juniperus virginiana oil, citrus nobilis oil, crithmum maritimum extract, linalool, butylene glycol, octyldodecyl pca, menthyl pca, ascorbyl palmitate, helianthus annuus seed oil, tocopherol, moringa pterygosperma extract, geraniol, jasminum officinale oil, farnesol, disodium phosphate, rosa damascena oil, citric acid, citral, citronellol

I first tried the balance me and the emma hardie try me kits from Q. Liked the textures and the smell of both to be honest. Have been lucky and stocked up nicely courtesy of glamour magazine. The frebie sizes were generous and excellent value for money.

I love the EH Moringa Balm, it gently melts away all traces of makeup and smells wonderful. I apply it to my face and work it in, followed by the Clarisonic and then a muslin cloth for a final clean particularly around my eyes. Has anyone used it as an overnight face balm? At the moment I use the Decleor one but I would love to know the Moringa Balm could replace it.

I have both Decleor night balm and also Emma Hardie Moringa balm and for a while I've only been using the Moringa balm (I alternate with EH night cream depending on how I'm feeling). I prefer the smell and texture, the Decleor one has a slightly stronger almost 'chemical' smell in comparison.
I love the moringa balm as a cleanser too because I don't feel like I have to get every last bit off. Some cleansers you feel if you don't take it all off properly, your skin feels dry afterwards and you need to run for moisturiser right away.

Latest posts

Back