AY/Mally - I didnt know they made bin bags in red?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's funny how we see people differently! I still think she looked stunning last night. I'm blonde and many people over the years have said that red really suits me, so I'm probably biased!!

Here is Ali's dress

Its a french connection one - was having a shop this monring and noticed it - it looks like the same one to me.

http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/Evening/71AE2/Sweets+Dress.htm

I thought she looked great last night. I woulnd't necessarily choose her outfit but I thought she looked good nad i think she suits red but I just love red.

Last edited:
What size is she do you think? if a size 14 wouldn't be too huge on her I could lend her my Karen Millen grey lizard print with bright pink lace and diamante skirt for next time mally's on That would be much more understated - and go with Mally's packaging.... :D

I would say she is much smaller than she appears on TV - if you look at her legs, they're really quite slim & dinky......I don't know why she wears such unflattering clothes......?

Oh well - she'll have to hoick in the back of my big bum skirt with a crocodile clip then! I think it will be a bit long on her too. (It's knee length on me.)

I thought she looked ok too - although in "the height of summer" I would have preferred her not to wear such dark,dark tights

I didn't see the launch but I am just watching the 5pm show and I think AY's make up is way over the top and doesn't suit her, her eyes look awful.

I can honestly say I was going to ask her on her blog what she would recommend for bags under my eyes but after watching her tonight it looks she may have the same problem as me.

I actually thought the red dress suited her, but she should have ditched the thick, black tights as teamed with such a vibrant red looked silly! Her make up was good, and generally I thought she looked attractive and someone obviously dressed her well as we all know she doesn't show her legs, so obviously they're trying to alter her style and make her more modern! Since going blonde myself, I'm finding I can wear more colours as my face looks warmer, and red looks better, so if only she could take advantage of this and to experiment more herself, I think she'd look more trendy and tounger.

Had to switch off after a short while as I'm not keen on Mally - her voice goes through me, and she reminds me of Kimora Lee Simmons! :D

Last edited:
I thought Alison's make up and hair was lovely, even liked the red dress. I think Mally has such gorgeous hair, love watching them together. Although I do agree about Amika's make up, it looked caked on and didn't do her any favours, especially around the eyes imo.

Whatever about the red dress which was bad enough, what the heck was with the multi-coloured number she was wearing in the evening shows, over white trousers?! I turned it over and the husband looked up and said 'oh dear god' so that pretty much sums it up! I bet AY isn't that big at all (not that it makes a difference, you can look fab at any size) but her clothes lately have been SO unflattering. And the thick grey tights with her summery dresses??! Where's Trinny and Susannah when you need them...

Whatever about the red dress which was bad enough, what the heck was with the multi-coloured number she was wearing in the evening shows, over white trousers?!

I think that's her Butler & Wilson dress? As here:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.142468

Aww, bless her, that's one of her favourites that is, she wears it quite a bit - dunno why she felt the need to wear it over trousers though, she actually has very slim, shapely legs!
(Dress is a bit in your face but I still think those colours suit her better than garish bright red.......?) :flower:

dunno why she felt the need to wear it over trousers though, she actually has very slim, shapely legs!

EH??? Are we speaking about the same AY who was wearing that short red bag over her chubby, stumpy little legs the other night?? Good grief!

Honestly the poor love can't do it right whatever she does can she?! :(

Stuff she's been wearing for years, trendy new dresses, legs out, dress over trousers, fake tan, tights - it's going to get disapproval from somebody.

I think we should cut Alison Young - and all women in the public eye TBH - a little bit of slack. :flower:

There are times in every woman's life when what worked for you before just doesn't anymore. Either fashion has moved on, your body has changed - or your circumstances have - and it's always a learning curve while you try different things out.

I feel really sorry for anybody who has to do it on telly.

Stuff she's been wearing for years, trendy new dresses, legs out, dress over trousers, fake tan, tights - it's going to get disapproval from somebody.

I think we should cut Alison Young - and all women in the public eye TBH - a little bit of slack. :flower:

There are times in every woman's life when what worked for you before just doesn't anymore. Either fashion has moved on, your body has changed - or your circumstances have - and it's always a learning curve while you try different things out.

Hear Hear :clapping:

she doesnt have to do it on telly though does she? she chooses to do it on telly. which is rather different.
if i chose to be on tv in a position where i was offering advice to people on their appearance then i would make pretty damned sure i was taking advice from someone on my own. even if that meant paying for it.

Latest posts

Back