AY has seriously lost the plot now......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Liz Earle seems to totally avoid close-ups too and it might be my imagination but I think she has some sort of vaseline lens or honey filter when shes on.

I think they all hate close-ups now with our big TVs and very unflattering digital broadcast. I see and exodus come HD that or they will get their own lighting assistants .

My male friend was shocked watching QVC , " are all women's faces that hairy ? " he spouted. As for the chests , yikes you can see every wrinkle pore and hair and that's just on the female models. When its AK my whole room goes orange .

I like Alison, she is sweet in a scary sort of way.The sales pitches are all wrong though for the last 3 years or so all she says is that everything is prestigious and about to sell out
Her skin is great and being wrinkle-phobic is helping her wonderfully .I think its quite endearing that she is not as funny as she thinks she is . If Joan Rivers or a camp man was saying the same things with a wink we'd be laughing , but she is cursed with a shrill voice and a dry manner and her jokes always seem harsh.
She even refers to herself as bossy Alison , I only need to watch for a moment and I am running off to apply some serum or other.

The benefits of this are to my skin and to my ears.

I like her too. For some reason I can't generate the dislike of her so many have here. No matter how much she talks and talks, I just forgive her faults as she means well and comes across as very nice to me. I think it's lovely how much she respects Tova, like an older mother. She tries not to but in with the guests but just can't seem to help herself, she is just overflowing with beauty knowledge! Although I can't watch her when I'm too tired, too much for my brain.

The problem I think though is that she's NOT overflowing with beauty knowledge. If you actually sit and listen to what she says her info on ingredients etc is very vague and she pads it out by mentioning herself, her expertise, her launching it to the press and which celebrities might possibly (but generally not) use it to achieve that red carpet/multi BILLION dollar/red carpet look. What she actually tells us by way of beauty tricks, tips, ingredient information is very little and that's why I won't buy anything I haven't researched myself already. A number of posters on here have been diappointed after buying 'all natural' skincare ranges only to discover they weren't quite as wholesome as they were portrayed.

Tx

AY lost the plot

I cannot beleive how rude AY was on the 10pm Tova show!!!!!!!!! She kept interrupting Tova when she was talking about the mascara and talking over her.I do'nt think she respects her guests at all or she would listen to what they have to say.I appreciate that there is a time factor involved but that is no excuse for rudeness.I had to turn her off as I could'nt stand her any longer.

The problem I think though is that she's NOT overflowing with beauty knowledge. If you actually sit and listen to what she says her info on ingredients etc is very vague and she pads it out by mentioning herself, her expertise, her launching it to the press and which celebrities might possibly (but generally not) use it to achieve that red carpet/multi BILLION dollar/red carpet look. What she actually tells us by way of beauty tricks, tips, ingredient information is very little and that's why I won't buy anything I haven't researched myself already. A number of posters on here have been diappointed after buying 'all natural' skincare ranges only to discover they weren't quite as wholesome as they were portrayed.

Tx

This is true - I've been watching QVC for 6 years now and I don't always remember her being as bad as she is now, but essentially this is all she does nowadays. I don't dislike her at all, in many ways I find her quite endearing as I think she is essentially quite insecure about herself, but she doesn't really give much information these days. All I ever hear her say is 'very busy on the phones, use QCut or the red active button...need you on the phones, that's why 1 bajillion of you have gone for it in the last minute etc...' and not much else.

I don't dislike her as such it's just as a qualified therapist myself I find the information given is so misleading and untrue. I recall a Molton Brown show where she said the shower gels didn't contain any water (what!) and that Elemis Milk Bath does not contain Sodium Laureth Sulphate (it does and its a detergent) so no way would I use it as a body lotion, she said it so quickly and awkwardly (3 times) as if not sure how to say it. Often trying to blind us with science to make the product sound 'advanced' to use her words. I do want to hear about products from the guests who are the experts IMO not how many people are on the phones or how 50 trilliion people bought it in the last 5 minutes or even to warn me that it sold out in the last show for me! :rolleyes:

I don't dislike her as such it's just as a qualified therapist myself I find the information given is so misleading and untrue. I recall a Molton Brown show where she said the shower gels didn't contain any water (what!) and that Elemis Milk Bath does not contain Sodium Laureth Sulphate (it does and its a detergent) so no way would I use it as a body lotion, she said it so quickly and awkwardly (3 times) as if not sure how to say it. Often trying to blind us with science to make the product sound 'advanced' to use her words. I do want to hear about products from the guests who are the experts IMO not how many people are on the phones or how 50 trilliion people bought it in the last 5 minutes or even to warn me that it sold out in the last show for me! :rolleyes:

I suppose some of the comments on how many have sold out (is this one of her sayings or someone else's?) or how many people are on the phones may be what she is being told to say. However as an expert she should be passing on accurate and detailed information about the products and there's absolutely no excuse for giving factually incorrect details.

I honestly think that sometimes her mouth gets the better of her. I wonder if she even realizes what she says? Being in front of camera can be daunting for most of us, although she has done it for years, and so I wonder if familiarity has bred contempt? Or maybe she is suffering from overblown ego syndrom and is actually believing her own "resident beauty expert" mantra?

I am wondering what it must be like having someone talk next to you, then having someone give you info in your ear, and you having to talk to the camera as well. Maybe she is just not that bright and can not cope with the multitasking?:smirk::tongue2::cheeky::smirk::cheeky::tongue2:

its ok, I am getting my claws back in now:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

I sometimes wondered if interrupting the guests was a way of proving that she was more knowledgeable than them to show she was an expert.
In a few shows the nonsense waffling seems to flow out as if there was no effort in thinking what she's about to say. I'm sure she's told to say stuff like 'there are queues on the phones' as all the presenters do that but not to the same extreme as if it's to induce panic buying.
:flower:

I think people are being too hard on her here. Okay I do think she needs to tone it down a lot of the time, but I have learnt a lot form her over the years and I find her very knowledgable. For example when a viewer phones with a beauty problem, she finds out what they are using, how much they want to spend, what their skin type and age is, before going on to recommend two or three products.

Was it my imagination or did the Nails Inc lady have the self same red dress and black tights combo on today? :confused::D

Then I guess I didn't imagine it. :D

No you didn't LA although I think Helen had leggings on instead. I know I was sitting there thinking "oooh tell me she's not borrowing AY's tights?" But then I spied what JR was wearing! x

I think people are being too hard on her here. Okay I do think she needs to tone it down a lot of the time, but I have learnt a lot form her over the years and I find her very knowledgable. For example when a viewer phones with a beauty problem, she finds out what they are using, how much they want to spend, what their skin type and age is, before going on to recommend two or three products.

But only if the products are sold on QVC. There are products not sold on QVC which will be better. She is just an sa for QVC so won't tell.

I stopped learning stuff from AY years ago. Does she ever go and retrain with new technics and products? Doubt it. She gets freebees and uses them for awhile with other 1000 products she seems to use and tells how wonderful they are. Of course until the next show for a different range is on. Yet she never looks any different, so none of the stuff she is pushing is a wonder product. Now its all about which celebs use it. That seems to be all she can scream at us. Cheryl,Cheryl,Cheryl is all she can sproud lately. Brown nosing round Lulu who has major work done, yet bitches at models about any of them having the same done. I won't work with models who have surgergy or botox, was the famous one she came out with ages ago. Yet most of the other models on QVC have work done and some presenters too.

I agree with you about the comment about Lulu donna255. I know she hates plastic surgery but goes along with Lulu when she acts as if her youth only comes from products. She works for QVC so only can talk about the products they sell, which I think is a quite a wide range.

But only if the products are sold on QVC. There are products not sold on QVC which will be better. She is just an sa for QVC so won't tell.

I stopped learning stuff from AY years ago. Does she ever go and retrain with new technics and products? Doubt it. She gets freebees and uses them for awhile with other 1000 products she seems to use and tells how wonderful they are. Of course until the next show for a different range is on. Yet she never looks any different, so none of the stuff she is pushing is a wonder product. Now its all about which celebs use it. That seems to be all she can scream at us. Cheryl,Cheryl,Cheryl is all she can sproud lately. Brown nosing round Lulu who has major work done, yet bitches at models about any of them having the same done. I won't work with models who have surgergy or botox, was the famous one she came out with ages ago. Yet most of the other models on QVC have work done and some presenters too.

Having been away from QVC for quite a few months, I have noticed this too, and not only for the beauty products. It was the same on one of the Disney Couture programmes that was on the other day... It's clearly a new selling ploy. A bit unimaginative though, IMO, to pander to the celebrity culture to sell stuff... and it soon gets tedious...:dull:

She seems to have fallen into the ludicrous exageration mode like some other presenters/guests. On a Philososphy show yesterday she mentioned cheaper shower gels that mean you use half a bottle to get any lather! As a selling point the fact that Philosophy is good quality therefore you don't need to use a lot is fair enough, but please don't treat us like imbeciles!

Sorry, but AY just gets' right up my nose - I cant even leave QVC on in the background when she is on. Her voice and attitude just grate on me. She comes over as a very insecure person to me. If there is one QVC presenter I can do without, it's her.

Latest posts

Back