AY has seriously lost the plot now......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Her ridiculous display actually made me really angry - how dare she sit there spouting a load of carp about what we all should or shouldn't be doing, what we should or shouldn't be using & she won't even let a competent make-up artist add a bit of lipgloss to her in case the camera sees her closer than 20 feet away?

Well stuff off AY & stuff off QVC - you can take your beauty products, your OTT p&p charges & your so-called 'resident beauty expert' & you can shove 'em where other people put Andrex........so there!
She's not even funny looking & I know, I'm fugly but if I was being paid that kind of money to sit there & talk b*ll**ks, I wouldn't run off virtually screaming at the thought of a bit of lipgloss & a close-up.....!

*wishes there was a '2 fingers smilie'! :angry:

She most likely didn't want the camera's too close in case we saw any evidence of surgery ;) She has definitely had some eye surgery as I can remember her with very hooded eyelids.

She seems to have fallen into the ludicrous exageration mode like some other presenters/guests. On a Philososphy show yesterday she mentioned cheaper shower gels that mean you use half a bottle to get any lather! As a selling point the fact that Philosophy is good quality therefore you don't need to use a lot is fair enough, but please don't treat us like imbeciles!

It would be interesting to know exactly what is in the bowl that they all dip their hands into to lather up shampoo's/shower gels etc. I suspect it is not ordinary tap water but softened water which will automatically froth up even the cheapest of products. I have used Moulton Brown in softened and unsoftened water and with the unsoftened have never got the lather they show on their presentations.

Whilst I've been pretty much not anti-Alison, I must say I totally agree with kitten-with-claws on this particular display from Alison: it made me feel really angry with her too. The whole display from her was totally like a childish strop, ****** awkward for Laura and the show generally. Alison seems like a control freak and I find it tense whenever she's on with a guest because of her talking over the guest etc. She doesn't have the savoir faire the other presenters have, and even on the presenter's blogs on the QVC website, if you click on her name all you get it directed to her QVC beauty page, no 'give' at all from her re her personal life... no throwing a friggin' bone to the people like the other presenters do!!!

She most likely didn't want the camera's too close in case we saw any evidence of surgery ;) She has definitely had some eye surgery as I can remember her with very hooded eyelids.

Quite possibly & good for her I say! I have really cr*ppy eyes myself (no dark circles but really awful hereditary bags!) & if I could afford surgery to fix them, I would! No product on earth can sort them 100%, so I wouldn't hold it against AY if she'd had something like that done, nobody would..........anybody with half a brain knows some things can't be sorted with an eye serum, no matter how 'prestigious' it may be! lol
She's really silly if that's the case, the daft moo! lol

Quite possibly & good for her I say! I have really cr*ppy eyes myself (no dark circles but really awful hereditary bags!) & if I could afford surgery to fix them, I would! No product on earth can sort them 100%, so I wouldn't hold it against AY if she'd had something like that done, nobody would..........anybody with half a brain knows some things can't be sorted with an eye serum, no matter how 'prestigious' it may be! lol
She's really silly if that's the case, the daft moo! lol

Doesn't she make a big thing about not using models who have had work done when she is presenting skincare shows? I've not got a problem with anyone having surgery but I would have a problem with someone who has had surgery trying to make us believe the results are from products alone.

Doesn't she make a big thing about not using models who have had work done when she is presenting skincare shows? I've not got a problem with anyone having surgery but I would have a problem with someone who has had surgery trying to make us believe the results are from products alone.

Absolutely totally agree with you :)

Latest posts

Back