AY and Cheryl Cole ;)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Looks like Cheryl Cole might go down in Ali Young's estimation if this month's Cosmopolitan magazine is anything to go by. In an interview with the beauty editor there she says her moisturiser of choice is Cream E45 - and she plasters it all over her skin at night to keep it soft and supple...so much for the Pro Collagen Marine Cream, eh? :blush::talking: ;)

what a surprise! i read an article by Dita von tise about her fav nail varnishes, she mentioned lots of brands but not a mention of LD.
I would love to see AY trying to flog the benefits of a tube of luxurious creamy E45.

I never know what to believe when I read these articles - they always seem more PR than fact. The Daily Mail did a feature a while back on the contents of some (minor) celebs make up bags and they were all more bargain basement than mine.

How many bleedin' celebs say they don't diet, don't exercise, and only take five minutes to get ready in the morning? (Yeah Right!)

It's all part of the "I'm still normal and down to earth" image innit?

If I was a rich celeb being sent freebies all the time from all the top brands I hardly think I'd choose to pop down to Boots for the cheapest moisturiser I could find instead! :rolleyes:

If someone is prepared to spend £1000 a month on hair extensions then £100 for a pot of Elemis that's going to last 3 months is nothing is it?

At least we can probably assume that she's not just dropping E45's name in print so that her people can hit them up for some freebies! :D

I just thought...Maybe Cheryl Cole has recently been signed up as the Face of E45?

I forgot to say my hubby says she sets his teeth on edge - about as genuine as her eyelashes he always says.

What's that make under show where "POD" strips people of their fakery? Maybe she should go on that! :D

It reminds me how Joan Collins always talks about using Nivea and loads of celebs swear by Ponds. I don't know what to think. Let's face it, the cosmetics industry are out to make money by marketing fabulous and expensive products we assume have to work because they're so scientific and cost so much - but perhaps it isn't rocket science and E45 or Nivea are the secret of eternal youth! Then AY would look stupid and loads of companies would go bankrupt so it just can't be endorsed as the truth, can it?

I just thought...Maybe Cheryl Cole has recently been signed up as the Face of E45?

I forgot to say my hubby says she sets his teeth on edge - about as genuine as her eyelashes he always says.

What's that make under show where "POD" strips people of their fakery? Maybe she should go on that! :D

Ooh maybe she is - but then she's already the face of L'Oreal haircare at the mo, and is in all sorts of trouble with OFCOM for using hair extensions in the adverts and not her own hair, which I'm presuming must be like rat's tails by now ;)

I personally believe its all in the luck of the draw! Doesnt stop me spending a clean fortune over the years in my search for the holy grail of beauty products but my mum has used soap and water and oil of olay for years and she has much better skin than me.

I swear by aloe vera. My mother buys me some for Christmas, not that expensive I dont think, and it lasts ages.

:D

Just in case any representatives of cosmetics companies are reading this and feel compelled to thank me with a large basket of freebies, can I just say that I attribute my enviably glowing, dewy complexion to Guerlain, La Prairie, and Creme de la Mer?

Thank you.

:tongue2:

Surely Cheryl Cole's too young to be going for anti-aging moisturiser? At her age sunscreen and whatever keeps her skin hydrated is what a dermatologist would recommend. The one I used to work with reckoned everything else is a waste of money-which didn't stop me buying and enjoying Liz Earle lol!

I personally believe its all in the luck of the draw! Doesnt stop me spending a clean fortune over the years in my search for the holy grail of beauty products but my mum has used soap and water and oil of olay for years and she has much better skin than me.

I agree. Apparently my grandmother used Nivea all of her life and had lovely skin. Mind you it was probably a different recipe then and there wasn't so much pollution.

I agree. Apparently my grandmother used Nivea all of her life and had lovely skin. Mind you it was probably a different recipe then and there wasn't so much pollution.

Both my grans had lovely skin - don't know what one used, but the other didn't use anything fancier than Ponds and Avon (and this was before all the 'anti-aging' creams they did). I read an article a while ago via nother forum that some anti aging creams can do more harm than good. can't find the exact story again but this one says using anti-agers when you are young (ie before you really need them) can be harmful

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/b...-use-anti-ageing-creams-speeding-process.html

Just in case any representatives of cosmetics companies are reading this and feel compelled to thank me with a large basket of freebies, can I just say that I attribute my enviably glowing, dewy complexion to Guerlain, La Prairie, and Creme de la Mer?

Thank you.

:tongue2:

Me too! Except my list is A'kin, Dermalogica, Sisley and Guerlain ;).

And my hair's all my own if anybody wants me to swish it about on a chaise longue in an advert. They'll have to CGI me a tv sized bottom though. They can use the same bloke who CGIs all the extra lashes in the mascara ads! :D

I remember ages ago reading that Joanna Lumley never uses anything on her face other than Astral and Marie Helvin's body is so soft because she uses Flora cooking oil. Yuk, can you imagine the smell!! I think it's all down to luck. I have two friends who I've known for years and they laugh at me for buying good quality stuff, but then neither of them has had a spot in their life.

My gran has lovely skin and all she's ever used is Olay - the original pink one!

I remember a few years ago Estee Lauder photographed Claudia Schieffer (sp) walking out of Space NK after she'd been shopping. Caused a bit of a storm as she was one of the faces of L'Oreal at the time!

Sublime and Love A'kin - what do you use from Guerlain? Face products?

My mum who's 83 has amazing skin and all she's ever used is Ponds Vanishing Cream, Ponds Cold Cream (smells gorgeous) and Olay. My mil is a year younger and has skin like an old crocodile because she used to smoke about 70 a day!!
I'm 52 and pretty much wrinkle free except for my under my chin, I lost quite a bit of weight about 3 years ago so where my spare chin was it's a bit saggy and baggy. Any advice welcome xx

Rozzy a friend of mine who recently lost a lot of weight uses the Gatineau throat firming gel and the defi lift and she swears by it.

My mum who's 83 has amazing skin and all she's ever used is Ponds Vanishing Cream, Ponds Cold Cream (smells gorgeous) and Olay. My mil is a year younger and has skin like an old crocodile because she used to smoke about 70 a day!!
I'm 52 and pretty much wrinkle free except for my under my chin, I lost quite a bit of weight about 3 years ago so where my spare chin was it's a bit saggy and baggy. Any advice welcome xx

hi i have lost well over 10 stone now and my top tip for my neck is i have always done face and neck excersizes every day. the best one for neck is when you open your mouth and try to make your bottom lip touch your nose.
it really pulls your neck. build up to around 5 reps a day.

also treat your neck to the same beauty regime as your face and treat your neck to the same quality regime for your body. basically double dose.

Latest posts

Back