automatic easy pays

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I've never used easy pays in the past - always preferring to get my one off payment out of the way. But it seems that unless you cancel the easy pay button on the ordering page - where applicable, then you are automatically registered for easy pays.

This has happened to me, which I'm quite hacked off about. I ordered an Elemis collection (not the tsv) last month, and assumed I had paid for it - job done. Today I get an email informing me that another amount will be taken from my account on a date later this month. Checking my account on the website, there is nowhere that you can check this. All you get is a list of up to date orders, but no indication of how they are paid for.

I could ring up and challenge this, but clearly the onus is on me now to ensure what method of payment I want - not assuming that my one off payment will be taken unless I request it.

I've never used easy pays in the past - always preferring to get my one off payment out of the way. But it seems that unless you cancel the easy pay button on the ordering page - where applicable, then you are automatically registered for easy pays.

This has happened to me, which I'm quite hacked off about. I ordered an Elemis collection (not the tsv) last month, and assumed I had paid for it - job done. Today I get an email informing me that another amount will be taken from my account on a date later this month. Checking my account on the website, there is nowhere that you can check this. All you get is a list of up to date orders, but no indication of how they are paid for.

I could ring up and challenge this, but clearly the onus is on me now to ensure what method of payment I want - not assuming that my one off payment will be taken unless I request it.
I commented about this happening to me a few weeks ago. It's sneaky. Like you (and I do!) I prefer to get the pain over and done with and pay in one go, but now I have a few items where payments have been spread out. I hate it! Last thing I bought was the Shark cordless vacuum cleaner and I made ****** sure the easy pay option wasn't already completed.

I bought some sandals in the summer and not only did I pay 'easy pay' (which I didn't want) they charged me a full pop pay as well, so I ended up paying twice for the sandals. Since I live out of the UK, there's no way that I could, or can, contact them about it. Still browned off by it, but I'll eventually get it sorted somehow. The sandals are nice ... Easy Spirit.

I never use EZPay, but when ordering on the app it did spilt the amount into three. I got the email later that day confirming that I’d selected EZPay, so I rang them and they deducted the remaining balance straightaway.

Because the app is now rubbish, since they updated it which means you can’t check your account, on the rare occasion that I do order something I now order via the actual website where you can unclick the EZPay option easily.

Latest posts

Back